Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

raving-monkey,sent one back to ya

thanks for the props p-dub.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for accepting me onto the team Jason, i should be putting in an order with you fairly soon .
Old 06-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by protc3
sure are clint.

i am working on reworking the website.the guy i have doing my website moved recently and i havent spoken to him in a while.i am trying to track him down so i can get this finished.i really apologize for the inconvenience.

thanks- theres no inconvenience i was just curious
Old 06-07-2005, 07:18 PM
Tech Lord

hey guys,
i just finished assembling my new tc4.i gotta tell you,after working with and running cars such as the Mi2,fk04 and 05,Pro 4,and corally RDX,im pretty bummed on the quality of the components of the car.i have not assembled the tc4 since i first did testing and now that i have been away for a while,im not too happy with it.So what this rambling on means for all you TC4 owners is that you will be seeing alot coming out in the next few months from BMI.i really am happy with the chassis kit but it needs the rest of the car to be up to snuff with the rest of the cars that i am used to.keep your eyes open,this car is going in for pimp my ride BMI style.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does BMI have any plans for a Yokomo BD carpet chassis any time soon?
Old 06-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Jay when your done, AE can borrow your ideas and call it the TC4 Factory Team 2

hey guys,
i just finished assembling my new tc4.i gotta tell you,after working with and running cars such as the Mi2,fk04 and 05,Pro 4,and corally RDX,im pretty bummed on the quality of the components of the car.i have not assembled the tc4 since i first did testing and now that i have been away for a while,im not too happy with it.So what this rambling on means for all you TC4 owners is that you will be seeing alot coming out in the next few months from BMI.i really am happy with the chassis kit but it needs the rest of the car to be up to snuff with the rest of the cars that i am used to.keep your eyes open,this car is going in for pimp my ride BMI style.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Swwet Jason....your Heaven sent...man...

What do you have in mind? I've have been thinking about it for awhile. Your TC3 motor mount would be a great start. One thing I WOULD like to use is the stock wing braces for the roll center studs as the spacer instead of your aluminum stand offs. This way you could get away from using the CF plate and a nut. If you look at the wing brace you can cut away the extra part and shape it nicely around the diff case. It looks very good in a small package. I cut mine away so there was only two camber length locations like the Pro 4. Lets face it, the others are for looks. I'll try to post a pic and it would save on milling time Jason. Although, I would rather have aluminum ones like AE's making for the TF version, but in the shape I forementioned. One higher so that you could get rid of the aluminum spacers all together. Two or three, but I say two of them can go for sure.

Anyone know if you can use BK bone bearings to replace the steer rack bushings?
Old 06-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Smile

Hi Jason,

Just recieved the TC4 chassis's. They look great as per usual and my buddy here in NZ is over the moon . The service was great as well.

Cheers
Darren
Old 06-07-2005, 09:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hey guys,

Jason,
I would be really interested in doing some testing down here in New Zealand for all these new bits you have in mind, if required.
Just give me a shout if need be.

Darren
Old 06-07-2005, 11:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Jason I ordered my TC3 chassis last thursday have not received it yet let me know whats going on tell me something please
Old 06-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

guess no one has a clue
Old 06-09-2005, 02:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey R/C knight, getting away from the stock TC-4 molded plastic wing braces for the vertical ball stud mounting is one of the many good features on the BMI tc-4 chassis.....(mabe not yourself) but "many" people including myself have had these constantly loosen up as well as crack in an impact.....using high quality carbon fiber (and ofcourse aluminum) in this area is not only better looking, but way, way stronger....anytime you have an opertunity to get rid of any of associated's cheap "inconsistantly made" molded parts in critical areas, the better off you are.......Race your car with a 7 or an 8 turn motor for any length of time, and you'll see what I mean .......
Old 06-09-2005, 03:12 AM
Tech Lord

i am a little behind schedule on the tc3 kits.i need to finish the motor mounts still.i just got slammed with a government rush job that shut the r/c stuff down for a few days.sorry for the inconvenience.i try to take care of everyone.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Read on the TC4 thread you have some things planned for the TC4. Have you thought of designing some aluminum bulkheads/diff cases for it
Old 06-09-2005, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

wont they be a little heavy??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.