Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 08:34 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

The stock chassis will warp under extreme heat which all touring car produce alot of heat around th motor and in mod with low winds the batteries as well. The BMi chassis will be more consistant over a long time vs the stock tub. Mike Blackstock said he changes his chassis every few weeks or so because of this happening. It is on his thread if you read thru. He changes his chassis before the Carpet NAts last week and before each big race. So for your average guy it is also cheaper.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Stew you can order both in various thicknesses
Old 04-05-2004, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
The stock chassis will warp under extreme heat which all touring car produce alot of heat around th motor and in mod with low winds the batteries as well. The BMi chassis will be more consistant over a long time vs the stock tub. Mike Blackstock said he changes his chassis every few weeks or so because of this happening. It is on his thread if you read thru. He changes his chassis before the Carpet NAts last week and before each big race. So for your average guy it is also cheaper.
Yes, i know of the problem. I should have specified that i was mainly talking about stock racing.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It's late.. LOL. Yeah, for me the stock motor clamp was just hard to get the mesh correct. BMI is 3mm. I can't speak for Victor but I believe it's the same. Both cars are excellent. I'm a little biased but I can honestly say that with the BMI you get more for your money. I've heard the BMI quality is better but again I don't feel like slamming anyone and I have not seen the car up close enough to judge.
Originally posted by S.Stew
Thanx, thats all i wanted to know. The ONLY problem ive ever experience with the stock one is the motor mount warpage. But only once. Wasnt trying to be antagonistic, just thought saying the stock chassis "isnt good for carpet racing" was a little in accurate.

how thick is the BMI chassis versus the warp speed?
Old 04-05-2004, 08:42 PM
Tech Addict

can u make chassis for other cars? Im interested in getting a top deck done for my GS Vision. I want to get a blue top deck. Is that possible?
Old 04-05-2004, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by jrighter
It's late.. LOL. Yeah, for me the stock motor clamp was just hard to get the mesh correct. BMI is 3mm. I can't speak for Victor but I believe it's the same. Both cars are excellent. I'm a little biased but I can honestly say that with the BMI you get more for your money. I've heard the BMI quality is better but again I don't feel like slamming anyone and I have not seen the car up close enough to judge.
:X no stop the pain
Old 04-05-2004, 08:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

I only had to work a normal day today! Stew, just send Jason a PM or email. I just run for him
Old 04-05-2004, 08:45 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I think then a stiffer chassis setup makes a car more consistant for the more average joe type racer. You can make any car work just as Chuck did but he is a top level racer and not an average guy. He has made the stock A mains at many big races in stock. Actually I think he normally makes the A's at big races in stock.

The new BMI chassis will help the average racer become better as their car will be more consistant for them to drive thus making them faster. Not to say it will work for all as nothing works for everyone.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

hey, u run for RD Logics too?
Old 04-05-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

yeah, haven't ran nitro for about 5 months though
Old 04-05-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

why wont they answer my Emails or PM's?
Old 04-05-2004, 09:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

hmm. Not sure. I'll try to shoot them an email tomorrow. I haven't even talked to them in 5 months or so. You using [email protected]?
Old 04-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Heres a view from the average racer!! The guys that changed from the tub Tc3 chassis to the Warpspeed D1 all told me that they went a lap or two faster than with there tub chassis. This was unsolicited. They were all just so excited to finally find that after rnning the tc3 for 4 years or more that they could make such a dramatic ppsitive change in speed. Some others at the track went from the tub to the BMI chassis and saw the same sort of results. These were the C and B-main guys who have raced for a long-lng time who told me this. basically to a man they all said-easier to drive and they made less mistakes.

HOpe this helps this discussion of the Carbon fiber plate vs. Tub chassis debate.

I used to sell the tricked out TC3 Graphite chassis. I charged $75 and sold as many as I could get machined. They made your car faster and they also only lasted a coupe months or even two or three races if you overgeared the motor. They warped.

Also-the fast guys at our track that run a tub chassis ALL run a top deck now. Cars 0.1 to 0.2 per lap faster with a top brace.
Ray
Old 04-05-2004, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by S.Stew
just thought saying the stock chassis "isnt good for carpet racing" was a little in-accurate.
I dont think that was inacurate at all. Just because a top level racer can do well with a product doesnt mean its the best thing out there. They get paid to win. Think how well someone like Blackstock and Baker would do with better equipment. And the BMI chassis is far superior to the stock AE tub. They are just that damn good. And I believe that as the newer generation of drivers that are creaping up at the national level. Start comeing in with all the new high tech stuff you will see companies like BMI show a large presence at the higher levels. You will never convince me that using inferior equipment will ever be an advantage in any form of racing. Im not offended by criticism its encouraged, but that dont mean I have to agree
Old 04-06-2004, 12:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by rayhuang
Heres a view from the average racer!! The guys that changed from the tub Tc3 chassis to the Warpspeed D1 all told me that they went a lap or two faster than with there tub chassis. This was unsolicited. They were all just so excited to finally find that after rnning the tc3 for 4 years or more that they could make such a dramatic ppsitive change in speed. Some others at the track went from the tub to the BMI chassis and saw the same sort of results. These were the C and B-main guys who have raced for a long-lng time who told me this. basically to a man they all said-easier to drive and they made less mistakes.

HOpe this helps this discussion of the Carbon fiber plate vs. Tub chassis debate.

I used to sell the tricked out TC3 Graphite chassis. I charged $75 and sold as many as I could get machined. They made your car faster and they also only lasted a coupe months or even two or three races if you overgeared the motor. They warped.

Also-the fast guys at our track that run a tub chassis ALL run a top deck now. Cars 0.1 to 0.2 per lap faster with a top brace.
Ray

Seems i found the exact opposite at my track. A friend of mine bought the BMI chassis and went from running in the A to b and even c main before switching back to the tub. When we were in cleveland he got so frustrated with how is car drove with the BMI chassis, he went back to the tub and ended up putting the BMI chassis on Ebay. But that was just one point of view, i simply wanted to know what you guys felt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.