Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 03:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by pballkid21587
i have never heard it ment anything, but it might.

and as far as national events, unless you have tons of money to spend to pay a driver to use this and only this, in addition to his other stuff ur not gunna get any of the top pros using it, they already dont pay for anything. And Jason for good reasons has no reason to do this, he built his company on the average racer and reputation of his product and just take a look at all the customers on this thred, it looks like he succeded
Why then is it if it's as good as everybody claims, and gives you additional laps, that none of the "better" drivers are using it? I can understand the Blackstocks, Lonergans, Cyruls and such being commited to their respective sponsors and are required to drive those cars, but what I'm asking is why don't we then see the "no-name" drivers who are just as talented making the the top three "A" main finishes since the chassis itself can give a driver 1 to 2 additional laps???
Old 04-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Tech Rookie

I don't want to be mis-understood, I'm just curious as are many I'm sure. I personally drive a Tamiya EVOIII Surikarn edition, and I'm sure Ray will attest, has it's problems just like any other "out-of-the-box" chassis has. They all have problems of some sort one way or another! I don't think there's a perfect chassis made, unless of course it's the BMI chassis!
Old 04-06-2004, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nothing in this world is perfect and you can't make everyone happy. For me the chassis is perfect but maybe for the next guy it's not. I can honestly say that everyone I race with and has the chassis has done a lot better. The chassis rocks and has all the mods that everyone does to the chassis (including the pros). This is not rocket science fellas. I'm sure there are some guys out there that have the perfect non-warped tub but I wasn't one of them. If you do have the perfect tub and race every week, it won't be perfect for long. Jason's design isn't something that is a big mystery of why it's better, it's obvious. Jason took and car that he knew worked, did all the mods, stiffened it up, made it outta graphite and made it purdy. All for a ultra low price. Buy a stock chassis. 45.00! For 119.99 and you get all the mods, new motor mount and a chassis that will last forever.

Last edited by jrighter; 04-06-2004 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yep. I couldn't believe how much better I did with the BMI Almost as fast as Righter now...and I was a lap behind him with the stock chassis.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Old 04-06-2004, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Perhaps because many of the people that run these cars are aspiring drivers that have the talent but not yet the connections/resources to get to the top?
Old 04-06-2004, 05:10 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I don't know of many companies that in 6 months has as many happy customers as BMI. Like was stated before you will never please everyone. Jason never comes on here and downs anyones products and also never claims his is the best. Jason tells you facts from what his experiances have been and feedback from drivers running his chassis components.

Most factory drivers have to run almost all the stock components on the car so the company can say their car can win out of the box and promote that their drivers are running stock off the shelf equipment. Many of the drivers have new parts on their car at every big race and that includes the chassis. Mike Blackstock stated in his post that he changes the chassis on a regular basis and a week or so before a big race. Why because the chassis bends from motor heat.

Most drivers are factory guys in the A mains so getting your product that is not stock in an A Main is very difficult. Also their are many types of cars going for 10 A main spots. The percentages are low that your stuff will make the show. RBLove is a top level stock racer and we will see him in the A Main at a big level race with the BMI chassis on very soon.

No one is saying buy the BMI stuff if you don't like it but give it try and you might like it. If nothing else everyones buys trick parts that look great but do nothing so if you get a killer looking chassis setup and the performance is still the same it is not anymore wasted money than buying trick looking eye candy parts.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Can someone tell me a good starting setup with the TC3 chassis on asphalt and foam tires. I was looking at the setup sheets on the Associated page. Will I need to run softer springs and lighter oil?
Old 04-06-2004, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Team AARP
Why then is it if it's as good as everybody claims, and gives you additional laps, that none of the "better" drivers are using it? I can understand the Blackstocks, Lonergans, Cyruls and such being commited to their respective sponsors and are required to drive those cars, but what I'm asking is why don't we then see the "no-name" drivers who are just as talented making the the top three "A" main finishes since the chassis itself can give a driver 1 to 2 additional laps???
In my experience recently it has improved the b to d-main club racers 2 laps. It wont have any effect like that on a pro driver. Nothing could.

Even for me-an average joe-it just makes driving good laps easier. Now-I can see it making a big difference on a Mi2, pro4 or Tamiya (not Surikarn) becaue of the stock 2 to 2.5mm flexi chassis that come stock.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:16 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Go with #2 pistons front and rear with 40 to 50wt oil in front and rear. Use stock camber link mounting positions and the rear tower on the front. Start in the middle holes on the tower and the outer holes on the arms. Try Jaco Purples on front and rear. Compound the whole rear tower and the inner 1/4 on the front. I would start with kit springs. Short wheelbase and batteries forward.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Jason did you send me a PM?
Old 04-06-2004, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Oh oh... Something really really bad happened today. This thing I took a picture of jumped out and bit me today.
Attached Thumbnails BMI Racing Discussions-bmi_ntc3_6.jpg  
Old 04-06-2004, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Heres another view. Isnt that sweet.
Attached Thumbnails BMI Racing Discussions-bmi_ntc3_5.jpg  
Old 04-06-2004, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what kind is that?
Old 04-06-2004, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

The fast kind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.