Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 03:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow Stew, Im glad he sold it before he regressed to the D,E and F mains Having raced nearly 20 years I can tell you that going from a consistant A main driver down to a C main driver isn't likely because of a change to a BMI chassis or even "any" of the other current aftermarket chassis on the market today reguardless of their design......to perfer one more the other is understandable but your buddys results are completely unheard of to me....(might even be a first)...Im curious,mabe you could list some of the reasons that the chasis caused such a bad result ...If he's truly an experienced A main driver he should have major definitive reasons on why the car went so much slower.....
Old 04-06-2004, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good talking to you today Jason. I can't wait to have it in my hands. I'll give you a full review. Want me to post pics here when I receive it?
Old 04-06-2004, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

S.Stew:

Just because your friend(s) were A main drivers at your club doesn't mean they were (or are) on the same driving plain as Chuck lonergan or Alex Lopez etc.
we went to Cleveland with a B.M.I. chassis and ended up in the "B" main. and continued to run the same chassis in the A at our club races for the rest of the indoor season.

also your friend(s) were on this thread conplianing of breaking drive shafts and hitting the boards so hard they were knocking the batteries out. I have yet to see a A mian driver do this on a weekly basis.
either your club has some really slow drivers or they really weren't as good as they thought.
about the only fast driver I know of out of your club was Jeff Brown and he runs mod. (only because he showed up at our club track to run once)

you still race at Grand Rapids right??????

there was a B.M.I. chassis in the A main Masters at Cleveland last year and it looked really good.

there is nothing wrong with the B.M.I. chassis it does work well it is a better chassis than a stock tub for earlier posted reasons.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I also wonder if you could get all of the top A-Main National guys to run aftermarket chassis-what woud be the result? A big problem there is more and more top stock guys are getting sponsored or want to be sponsored-so they run the cars as is by team rules or becaue of fear of not getting sponsored because the team manager will see them running non-factory parts on their cars.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Holy Crap, i wanted a second opinion and i get surrounded by a bunch of people thinking im bashing their crap. TAKE IT EASY. Sheesh.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Fakk2
S.Stew:

Just because your friend(s) were A main drivers at your club doesn't mean they were (or are) on the same driving plain as Chuck lonergan or Alex Lopez etc.
we went to Cleveland with a B.M.I. chassis and ended up in the "B" main. and continued to run the same chassis in the A at our club races for the rest of the indoor season.

also your friend(s) were on this thread conplianing of breaking drive shafts and hitting the boards so hard they were knocking the batteries out. I have yet to see a A mian driver do this on a weekly basis.
either your club has some really slow drivers or they really weren't as good as they thought.
about the only fast driver I know of out of your club was Jeff Brown and he runs mod. (only because he showed up at our club track to run once)

you still race at Grand Rapids right??????

there was a B.M.I. chassis in the A main Masters at Cleveland last year and it looked really good.

there is nothing wrong with the B.M.I. chassis it does work well it is a better chassis than a stock tub for earlier posted reasons.
Yes, i still race in GR. And there were in fact 3 people running the BMI and the Friend of mine was one of them. Its irrelevent because the person im talking about got a chassis after they fixed the problem with the battery slots.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by S.Stew
Seems i found the exact opposite at my track. A friend of mine bought the BMI chassis and went from running in the A to b and even c main before switching back to the tub. When we were in cleveland he got so frustrated with how is car drove with the BMI chassis, he went back to the tub and ended up putting the BMI chassis on Ebay. But that was just one point of view, i simply wanted to know what you guys felt.

You throw a turd and then expect to *not* get flamed? Hmmmm.

If you are offering a different opintion - great! Democracy in action!

The least you could do is give a reason why or talk about the relative skills at the track your race at. Tuning for a stiff chassis will be different then the stock chassis. Perhaps this was the problem? I've also met plently of "experience" racers who don't have a real clue about chassis setup - they run fast at their local track, but it took them 5 years to find the right setup. Real experience means you can translate speed to any track, any time.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

Meh.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default The truth-in my opinion....

The truth of the matter is this-Any top level sedan can win and even some not so top level ones in the right hands. But-its "US GUYS" that can benefit from the advantages of a BMI chassis.

Let me explain this really specifically. We all get to a point in racing where you gain the maximum benefit from thngs like better motor, battery and chassis!!! Here are some extremes.

Novices-just needs an easy to drive car to get better. Faster is never faster for them.

"US GUYS"

Proffesionals (Cyrul, Blackstock, etc.)-Whoop you with a 1.13 battery and motor thats got 15 runs on it. NO matter what youve got strapped in your ride.

I consider myself to be a "US GUYS" because I am not ready to TQ every club race or be in the A at Snowbirds. But I have advanced to a level beyond the novice and truly can benefit from a good motor, battery and chassis. At some point you get past where I am at and you are just plain old fast with any set-up.

But again "US GUYS" WILL go faster with better equipment, a fresh cut motor and a properly tuned chassis. More dramtically than a Pro would. Theres a lot of 'US GUYS" in racing around the world. Not the majority I dont think. Were the guys in the bottom of the A and top of the B-every single club race and C-F at Big events.

SO for me-I go for all the best equipment I can afford because it makes a difference. IN Sedans-that includes replacing the stock chassis with one from the aftermarket. All else being equal-I think I can turn faster lap times more consistently with the BMI chassis.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Well put Ray, I agree.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ray that was thee icing on the cake!!!

Thank you

From one of (US GUYS)
Old 04-06-2004, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

theres no fast guys at my local track and i get in the bottom of the D main in sportman
Old 04-06-2004, 03:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Well, now this old guy has a couple of questions.

(1) What exactly do the intinals "BMI" stand for?
(we've made up a few of our own, but what's the truth?)

(2) How many (if any) national events has this after market chassis won??

Curious minds want to know!
Old 04-06-2004, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

i have never heard it ment anything, but it might.

and as far as national events, unless you have tons of money to spend to pay a driver to use this and only this, in addition to his other stuff ur not gunna get any of the top pros using it, they already dont pay for anything. And Jason for good reasons has no reason to do this, he built his company on the average racer and reputation of his product and just take a look at all the customers on this thred, it looks like he succeded
Old 04-06-2004, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

B.M.I. = Breiner Machine Inc.

I would look for BMI in the winners circle at national events soon. Its come a long way for entering the electric circuit about 6 months ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.