Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 06-20-2003, 02:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Just thought it would be good if we have a thread where we can ask all the newbie questions or any questions that the pros here can answer.....

lemme start, would buying a new stock motor improve the speed of my touring car? (my old motor is nearly 6 years old ... but only has got like 10 runs in it.... still can work)
Old 06-20-2003, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Yes, a new motor will be faster than the old one.
Why?

Because the magnet demagnetises itself over time, more so if overheated.

Cheers
Old 06-20-2003, 07:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Default e-clip question

Hi,

I heard of a veteran who told me to get from hardware store but till now I cannot get any from the stores I went?

Does anybody knows if I can get 2mm e-clips and 3 mm e-clips from hardware stores? Which hardware store to recommend?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-20-2003, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: e-clip question

Originally posted by brumbar
Hi,

I heard of a veteran who told me to get from hardware store but till now I cannot get any from the stores I went?

Does anybody knows if I can get 2mm e-clips and 3 mm e-clips from hardware stores? Which hardware store to recommend?

Thanks in advance

You can try going to Kelantan Lane which is near to Sim Lim tower, where you can see a lot of selling old stuff stall. There are a lot of hardware store over there. You can try your luck there.
Old 06-21-2003, 01:34 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: e-clip question

Originally posted by Bugs Bunny
You can try going to Kelantan Lane which is near to Sim Lim tower, where you can see a lot of selling old stuff stall. There are a lot of hardware store over there. You can try your luck there.
yes... u will most definitely find e clips there... remember to bring a sample of wat u want to buy... helps to save u from making a wasted trip...
Old 06-21-2003, 11:47 PM

i got a question

I bought a new Nova engine. The settings are factory. When i planted it into my superten, the tyres wont stop moving even when the idle i set was the lowest as well as the high n low end needles. The speed of the tyres were like 1/16 throttle. Moves quite fast on the ground.
Old 06-22-2003, 01:10 AM
Tech Regular

Location: Indonesia sometimes, Singapore sometimes, Mars sometimes, Venus sometimes...but home is where I wanna be

Originally posted by segaff
i got a question

I bought a new Nova engine. The settings are factory. When i planted it into my superten, the tyres wont stop moving even when the idle i set was the lowest as well as the high n low end needles. The speed of the tyres were like 1/16 throttle. Moves quite fast on the ground.
Check List --->

1. Idle screw
2. Low end mixture
3. Clutch/ clutch spring
4. Throttle linkage/position (remove your airfilter, check throttle position at neutral)
5. Air leak in fuel line/cylinder head

....that's all I can think of now

Last edited by NomeXX; 06-22-2003 at 02:14 AM.
Old 06-22-2003, 03:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,
i have a quite new RS4 SS
problem:it isnt shifting..it used to shift on earlier runs.
i have tried different shift points but no avail.
anyone got ideas?please help , thanks.
Old 06-22-2003, 09:58 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ding82
Hi,
i have a quite new RS4 SS
problem:it isnt shifting..it used to shift on earlier runs.
i have tried different shift points but no avail.
anyone got ideas?please help , thanks.
Check your manual and reset the setting back to "stock".

Usual error is the 2spd changes too early rather than too late. Some ppl don't realise their car is already/always running on 2nd gear when they think it doesn't get out of 1st gear.

Usually with HPI's 2spd gearboxes, the stock top gear is same ratio as a 1spd car with their biggest clutchbell pinion. The top speed of both cars will thus be the same.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:18 AM
Tech Champion

Default Question on Silly Putty

i read in a mag dat u can stuff the gearbox wif silly putty to stiffen the diff action for bevel type gear diffs...

but i am not too sure wat is silly putty... is it avaliable locally?? is it the same thing as playdoh??
Old 06-23-2003, 12:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I also dun know what silly putty is...... but i suppose its some removable clay tat u can use to lock the gear diffs.....similar to tightening the ball diffs..... locking the diffs is supposed to give you more power out of the turns...... i think....
Old 06-23-2003, 12:47 AM
Tech Champion

i know wat stiffening the diff action does to the car... wat i want to know is wat is silly putty... or if there is anything on the market dat has the same kind viscosity as silly putty...

Last edited by hellangel; 06-23-2003 at 01:21 AM.
Old 06-23-2003, 01:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally posted by hellangel
yes... i know wat stiffening the diff action does to the car... wat i want to know is wat is silly putty... or if there is anything on the market dat has the same kind viscosity as silly putty...
silly putty is serpent's grey cleaning clay/putty/whateverucallit!!! yes, i read in mytsn before, some of the fuctory snake drivers used that in the impulse's rear diff case.
Old 06-23-2003, 01:21 AM
Tech Champion

ok... thanx...
Old 06-23-2003, 02:50 AM
Tech Addict

Default Screws, hardware etc

Originally posted by Bugs Bunny
Just to add, Kelantan Lane got a screw shop that is pretty friendly. And they sell US type 4-40 screws as well.

So, if you need screws and fastener, check out that place. I am sure, it is cheaper than more hobby shop.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.