Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 06-09-2006, 01:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by imrog
Hi, can anyone recommend a battery and charger combo for my TA05? budget $100+ for charger and $60-70 for each batt. Is that a decent budget? please advise. thanks
Take 30 bucks from your batt budget and give it to the charger and buy second hand batts... they are pretty good for 3300-3700...
Old 06-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Shops in HK

Hi anyone knows any shops to go in HK for RC stuff?

other than this...

"If you ever have the chance to visit Hong Kong, you'll have to visit a group of shops I call R/C heaven. Located on the Kowloon Peninsula in Mong Kok (see map) it's only a short subway ride from any of the major tourist areas. Mong Kok is a retail shopping area of Hong Kong that caters to every fascination. From tropical fish to car stereos. If you take the subway, head southeast from the Mong Kok subway station to the intersection of Dundas Street and Kwong Wah Streets (see map). Kwong Wah Street is an alley lined with a several R/C cars stores. The other side of the block has 4 larger shops."

let me know.. tks!!!
Old 06-13-2006, 04:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Novak T4 bonkers

Hi all,

I've got a Novak T4, very old ESC and I tried to connect it to run, it runs but when the battery is flat, it goes out of control... .it just goes straight and it can't be controlled. anyone know why this happens?...when my battery is fully charged, no problems with control...but when it almost dies...i lose control of it...help!
Old 06-13-2006, 06:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Wink I solved it..

Originally Posted by Blueshark
Hi all,

I've got a Novak T4, very old ESC and I tried to connect it to run, it runs but when the battery is flat, it goes out of control... .it just goes straight and it can't be controlled. anyone know why this happens?...when my battery is fully charged, no problems with control...but when it almost dies...i lose control of it...help!
Hi folks...the esc was so old i forgot that i had to connect another 4 cell 1.2V battery supply to power the receiver..it works fine now. Phew...cool now i can see if this old esc can match today's newer ones..so far it runs fine without losing control of my car. i guess older escs still do need an additional power source. new escs seem to have better BECs. i'll post some pictures of my setup soon here too. hope this info is useful!
Old 06-15-2006, 06:52 AM
Tech Adept

Default hihi

i need suggestion for the both trucks "HPI savageX" n "T-maxx 3.3"
ani one that own these pls give me some advice. i'm not sure which to get for. further more i'm quite new to this hobby. heard both are veri gd
Old 06-23-2006, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wei25
i need suggestion for the both trucks "HPI savageX" n "T-maxx 3.3"
ani one that own these pls give me some advice. i'm not sure which to get for. further more i'm quite new to this hobby. heard both are veri gd
Jump it from a HDB flat = Savage X
Jump it like that like that = T-maxx

Race it against a buggy = T-Maxx
Bash into a buggy = Savage X

Depends on what you need from the truck and overall whats the intention..bash, race, jump, crash, speed etc etc etc etc etc
Old 06-24-2006, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi, anyone knows where i can get a HPI spur gear (A444) its for the Nitro RS4, old type

Taising don't have it. Was wondering if it can be replaced by other spur gear.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!-a444.jpg  
Old 06-24-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

look for it online then share shipping with a friend and buy something else lorrr...
Old 06-24-2006, 09:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sp1ke
look for it online then share shipping with a friend and buy something else lorrr...
I was hoping i wouldn't come to tis
Old 07-04-2006, 07:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Default How r the race tracks in Singapore?

Hi to all SG racers,

I am a fellow Singaporean living in HK at the moment. I've been running off-buggy X1-CRT truck in HK. The track is the best since it is the only one in land scarce HK and is privately run. Wonder how is the situation in Singapore.

Are the tracks good and well maintain? Mostly for off-on- road car?

Cheers...happy racing!!!!
Old 07-04-2006, 08:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BOSS
Hi to all SG racers,

I am a fellow Singaporean living in HK at the moment. I've been running off-buggy X1-CRT truck in HK. The track is the best since it is the only one in land scarce HK and is privately run. Wonder how is the situation in Singapore.

Are the tracks good and well maintain? Mostly for off-on- road car?

Cheers...happy racing!!!!
Hi man... i got four words for you... Racecraft Infinity (BK) and Turf City... these two are the most known well known tracks for on (racecraft) and off (turf city) road tracks in SG... to me, they are the quite well maintained and of course you need to pay for running on them... amenities are also close by for both... there are some guys running truggy on the Turf city track also... some parts support are available on hand for your truggy i think...
Old 07-05-2006, 03:00 AM
Tech Elite

Where to buy Tamiya 415MSX in singapore?? Thanks
Old 07-05-2006, 03:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIOMASS
Where to buy Tamiya 415MSX in singapore?? Thanks
Stargek
Old 07-05-2006, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Where to buy ko propo ex-1 mars R in singapore? thanks
Which rc shop sell this item?
Old 07-07-2006, 06:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Pipe for OS .12 TZ 5 port

Hi, Don't have any idea which pipe to use on my engine (OS .12TZ 5 port). Any recommendation? Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.