Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada >

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trent thanks for the help in kamloops.

Had tons of fun.

thanks for the horsepower in 19turn 12th scale.

see you on the 24th for the tcs race

chris morrison
Old 02-13-2007, 06:12 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Trent, I got the replacement motors! Thanks, I wouldn’t hesitate buying from this guy, few of my motors got lost in the mail and he sent out new ones right away, great service, great motors! You can’t beat the service. Check your mail Trent.

Sukh Kainth
Old 02-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks guys. The Kamloops race was definitely a lot of fun - I'd like to give a shout out to everyone running T-Bang there. Going through the pits, it was actually a bit ridiculous to see all of the green stickered motors! Pretty dominant show in the mains too.

Sukh - Not a problem man. Sorry about the hassles. I need to get some Kevlar reinforced packing to handle the beating that Canada Post can dish out!
Old 02-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigDaddyT
I need to get some Kevlar reinforced packing to handle the beating that Canada Post can dish out!
on the plus side there's probably some mail sorter somewhere that's now gonna want a car to put that sweet motor in....
Old 02-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by darkfox
on the plus side there's probably some mail sorter somewhere that's now gonna want a car to put that sweet motor in....
That's one way to grow the hobby I guess!

If the hobby was a little bit more mainstream I would accuse them of scooping the motors for themselves.

In reality, they're probably sitting in a decontamination room somewhere because nobody knows what the heck they are.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Smokin Fast.....

Hey Trent,

My 1/12th Scale Stock was so fast with that X Stock Motor this past weekend....my son also loved his...first thing he said..."Dad, this motor is faster than my 19Turn". I just have to work on my driving...first season with my 1/12th Scale, but I'm hooked.

Definetly great products Trent puts out....service is above and beyond. Also loved the GQ Tires....first time out, they hooked up right away and I never looked back.

See ya in Kelowna Trent.....
Old 02-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigDaddyT
In reality, they're probably sitting in a decontamination room somewhere because nobody knows what the heck they are.
You think that's bad? I sent a lexan bodyshell to the UK this week, the nice chap at the Post Office asked me what was in the box as he would fill in the customs info for me. I was rather surpirsed to read that he had written : "Plastic Body Part" ! I just know someone somewhere will have to open the box to see if it is an arm, a leg, or whatever......

And Trent, I have an odd meeting next week, indoor, off road, tight track, and best of all- 8 minute heats !! any recommendations on which motor/spring/brush/gearing ?
Old 02-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default Wow, have to get me one of these!

hey Trent

Thanks for the help on Saturday with the 'mystery' motor problem. We re shimmed it and Ken Carroll used it to finish 2nd in Pro 10 19t class. Thanks for helping us out what wasn't wrong...still have no idea why it did that.

I'm thinking of running 19t at the Sun City Chill Out, and would love to have T-Bang power my car into the top 10. I'll email next week sometime.

Look forward to racing with you in 19t.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stulec52
You think that's bad? I sent a lexan bodyshell to the UK this week, the nice chap at the Post Office asked me what was in the box as he would fill in the customs info for me. I was rather surpirsed to read that he had written : "Plastic Body Part" ! I just know someone somewhere will have to open the box to see if it is an arm, a leg, or whatever......

And Trent, I have an odd meeting next week, indoor, off road, tight track, and best of all- 8 minute heats !! any recommendations on which motor/spring/brush/gearing ?
Plastic body part. I love it. I can see customs trying to figure out what part of the body could be supplemented by a clear lexan Dodge Stratus.

Good question on the off-road..... are you running stock or 19? We ran 19T off-road all last summer here and I joined in the class to get a feeling for it. Tried Komodo and Chameleon at the time, but settled on the Komodo geared with a slightly higher than optimal ratio so that I had a bit more punch to make jumps even if I had miscalculated the approach a bit. The Chameleon was naturally a bit more torquey, but the heat fade and brush wear was pretty severe so it didn't work out as well.

End combo was a Komodo with Red/Red springs and T-Brushes, and a higher than optimal gear ratio meaning that I was winding out on the straight a bit early, but had more punch in the infield.

Stock, I do not have as much experience with. It seems like the problems would be pretty similar, maybe a bit more amplified in terms of not having the same amount of peak power for getting out of snags and short approaches. I personally would probably run a CO based stock with Red Red and a tougher brush like a 767, T, or a vented 4499 to fend off the heat and dirt. I think the wear and tear on F brushes might be a bit too much, but I could be wrong there.

T
Old 02-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Giuseppe
hey Trent

Thanks for the help on Saturday with the 'mystery' motor problem. We re shimmed it and Ken Carroll used it to finish 2nd in Pro 10 19t class. Thanks for helping us out what wasn't wrong...still have no idea why it did that.

I'm thinking of running 19t at the Sun City Chill Out, and would love to have T-Bang power my car into the top 10. I'll email next week sometime.

Look forward to racing with you in 19t.
Hey Jason,

That's awesome! I still don't know exactly what the heck was going on with that puppy, but I'm glad it started to spin again. That's usually the first step on the road to recovery.

I fired an e-mail over to the address you wrote down for me at the race - let me know if all made it through. There is a price guide for you guys in there which lays out the breakdown on everything. Fire me PM or e-mail if you've got any questions.

I'd definitely like to get you guys set up for the race. Give me a shout once you've had a chance to peruse the list and we can get it rolling.

Thanks again,

T
Old 02-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry Trent, should have given you more to go on !
It's Stock, and on a Ozite track with jumps ( like a UK style indoor track, which is why I love it !)
So, no dirt to deal with, just some carpet fuzz

I have upped the spring tension a little though on my CO27, so I'll let you know how that works, past couple of years I have done ok with Monsters, so CO should work.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default might be a week or so..

Hey Trent

yeah we are busy doing rally racing this weekend with the big cars, but the week after I should have some time to discuss it with Ren, and get back to you.

At the very least, I may want to have some motors 'tweaked' up for the race. I notice you offer a Dyno and tuning service...some details on that would be great. Turn around time, how you want the motors etc.

Thanks

Jason
Old 02-15-2007, 06:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stulec52
Sorry Trent, should have given you more to go on !
It's Stock, and on a Ozite track with jumps ( like a UK style indoor track, which is why I love it !)
So, no dirt to deal with, just some carpet fuzz

I have upped the spring tension a little though on my CO27, so I'll let you know how that works, past couple of years I have done ok with Monsters, so CO should work.
Cool. That sounds like a lot of fun. Pulling the dirt and traction issues out of the equation makes it easier. I would pretty much set up for as much torque as you can get from the CO, and go for it. Usually, this comes with a Red/Red or Red/Green spring combo depending on the individual motor. Run a harder brush, and you should be set.

Good luck Stu - sounds like a hoot.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Giuseppe
Hey Trent

yeah we are busy doing rally racing this weekend with the big cars, but the week after I should have some time to discuss it with Ren, and get back to you.

At the very least, I may want to have some motors 'tweaked' up for the race. I notice you offer a Dyno and tuning service...some details on that would be great. Turn around time, how you want the motors etc.

Thanks

Jason
Hey Jason,

Sounds good - good luck at the 1:1 scale rally!

Tweaking and tuning services are definitely available. What it involves is doing all of the same processing we do on the tuned motors - zapping, hood alignment, shimming, and then dyno optimization to extract as much power as we can from the motor. Turn-around is usually a couple of days for anything under the 10 motor range. If it's just a couple motors, I can usually turn them around inside a day.

You can ship the motors out in whatever is most convenient - most of the time guys just box them up in a small mailer. They ship back in one of our solid motor tube so that nothing will get knocked out of whack on the return trip. You get a dyno plot as well as a general analysis of where the motor fits on the performance scale in the grand scheme of things.

Regards,

T
Old 02-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the help Trent !!

I ended up going lighter on the spring as the carpet was not ozite, and although it was a great surface to run on, there was a lot of fuzz from it, and loads of wheelspin, so I went for a smoother feel.
The deal with this is that they add together every single lap you do all weekend long, so at the end of it all I had 239 laps total, I won the event by 10 seconds after all that running !!
Great weekend, thanks again for the help, another title for T-Bang !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.