Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada >

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey Trent......hope you had a good holiday
What happened to the Big Chill pics and race report????
Good to see that you are expanding your product line....keep up the great work!
Old 12-29-2006, 06:59 AM
Tech Addict

Doh!

We'll get that up there Dwayne - I'm finally getting a chance to do some web work over the holiday. I'm a partner in new on-line shop as well, so the process for ordering the goodies will get a lot smoother in the coming weeks.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Trent,
I have just got two t-bang 19t motors the first one said 31,000rpm so I read the instructions and put it on the dyno I ran it for 5mins at 2.0v then I ran it for 2mins at 5.0v at this point it was sweet, then I ran it up to 7.2v and it screamed it hit 42,000rpm for about 4-5 seconds then it died off to 34,000rpm. Now I can't get it any faster I thought it must need a skim so I did that, no difference. So I changed the brushes I installed f-lines no difference so I installed t-brushes no difference I then installed 4499's no difference. Have you seen this before or do you have any suggestions.
Thanks Mal.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TODDY
Hi Trent,
I have just got two t-bang 19t motors the first one said 31,000rpm so I read the instructions and put it on the dyno I ran it for 5mins at 2.0v then I ran it for 2mins at 5.0v at this point it was sweet, then I ran it up to 7.2v and it screamed it hit 42,000rpm for about 4-5 seconds then it died off to 34,000rpm. Now I can't get it any faster I thought it must need a skim so I did that, no difference. So I changed the brushes I installed f-lines no difference so I installed t-brushes no difference I then installed 4499's no difference. Have you seen this before or do you have any suggestions.
Thanks Mal.
Hey Mal,

This is a tough one. I am assuming that you are running the motor on one of the free-wheeling motor testers (no load on the motor). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Those machines are notoriously finicky when it comes to measuring motors. Because the motor isn't really up against any force, any small deviation will get magnified a lot. It may or may not be any sort of performance issue though.

Under load, it takes a lot for the performance characteristics of the motor to change because little changes in the motor are not as significant compared to the amount of power it is outputting to spin the flywheel, or slave motor, etc.

That said - it sounds like you had done all the right things before testing it the first time.... break-in, etc. all sounds fine. However, 42000 RPM does sound pretty high, particularly since the motor seems to have settled in at 34000 now.

My guess would be that the 42000 was a bit of a freak occurrance and not something that can be sustained....... I'll try free-wheeling a C19 in the shop tonight and see what happens for a comparison.

T
Old 01-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trent....you have mail.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Gang,

Just wanted to give a shout out to Sion Wedley and the rest of the UK RC guys for a hard working weekend at the Carpet Masters in Stafford. Sion quali'd 2nd in Stock but had some trouble with lap traffic in the mains, still putting on a very impressive show though.

Thanks to all of the guys that are running T-Bang power. It's really exciting to see things rolling over in the UK - the support has been excellent, and we look forward to putting you on the podium in the future.

http://www.uk-rc.net/index.php?id=carpet%20masters

T
Old 01-18-2007, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Guys,

F-brushes are back in today.... they're here and ready to go!

T
Old 01-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trent good to here umm read that your products are kicking ass.

see ya in a week and a bit

Chris Morrison
Old 01-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thats good to hear Trent... see you at the next club race, podium coming up for T-bang in Kamlops...
Old 01-19-2007, 01:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey Guys.
The uk-rc team had 3 drivers in the A final stock all running t-bang motors and tq cells at the British Indoor Winter Series.
The motors were awsome.
This was the first major event for us as a team using t-bang motors so I was really impressed with how the day went.
Also UK-RC A driver Dewi Jones was at the
autosport International show. Held at the NEC. This is a big event that caters for all kinds of motorsport. It draws really big crowds and creates a lot of interest in the sport.
Checkout the link below for the drivers reports on the events.
http://www.uk-rc.net/index.php?id=team%20news

Gaz
Old 01-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trent....thanks for the power in 19touring at the Lethbridge, Alberta leg of the WCICS. Your motors helped me take the TQ and the win.......and also 3rd in mod using the 19 turn Komodos Thanks dude, keep up the great work....see you soon.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Thanks from me as well Trent,
At the same event I got TQ and 1st place in Stock.
My motor ran flawlessly all weekend long !
Old 01-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

A big thanks from me as well Trent. My motor in 12th stock was great it was fast. It powered me to 3rd in the A-main the best finish I have had this year in the series. Now maybe if I can order some more driving skills from you and I can match that up with the motor and do even better. LOL Thanks again keep up the good work!
Kevin Phillips
Old 01-22-2007, 09:02 AM
Tech Addict

Awesome work guys! That's a good start to my day out here on the Left Coast!

Dwayne - Fantastic! The 19T win is awesome, but the mod is just freaky dude. Nice piloting on that one. I'm glad the power came through for you dude. That batch of 19's looked really good, but now they've got some street cred too.

Stu - Always a pleasure. Once again, nice work. Stock can't be won without a solid driver though man. One mistake and you're done, so congrats on the win and the excellent driving.

Kevin - Up on the podium! Nice. I was at Peel-It track testing the Type X-12th Scale this weekend for the big showdown coming up in Kamloops. I'd like to fire one over for you to test out as well to compare with your C-12. I'll fire you one in the mail to test drive.

Awesome work guys - It's always great to hear tales of the mad rip out on the road.

T
Old 01-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah Trent.....Stu's car was FAST in stock to say the least.......and Kevin....your car looked good in 12th scale....good stuff. Congrats to all of the guys who T-Banged the competition this past weekend. There were quite a few guys running what I will now refer to as the BIG "T" in their cars....nice to see a local motor tuners products doing so well....keep up the great work Trent...thanks again.
Dwayne Flodell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.