Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada >

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

Default T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to start up a thread for our new motor tuning company up here in Vancouver, Canada. We are working hard in our motor lab as we speak to produce our first production runs of tuned Stock and 19T motors.

The T-Bang philosophy is to try to be scientific about things. We use in-car data collection, track testing, and dyno tuning to optimize the performance of our motors for our racers. We also plan to publish many of our trials and tests on the company web-site so that you can validate our data and learn more about motor tuning as well.

Initial product lists and pricing are available on our site - on-line ordering and support is in the works and will be rolled out ASAP.

Thanks a bunch to the guys from down south that have helped us to get our product lines in place. We really appreciate the support and knowledge that you have shared with us, and we hope to keep a spirit of cooperation and partnership with all other tuners out there.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Tech Addict

Default TQ Cells Now Available!

T-Bang Hobby Technology is proud to announce a new addition to our product line!

We have just partnered with Canada's premiere battery matcher, TQ Cells. We will be offering their matched IB Cells for sale immediately along with our motor line-up.

We are extremely confident that our customers will be impressed by the performance and quality of the products offered by TQ and feel that TQ cells are the perfect power up for our extreme performance motors.

Cells are available in two performance grades - economical club packs that boast cell voltages of up to 1.199v, and all-out performance team packs with voltages 1.20v and above.

For more information, please visit our products page and TQ cells directly at www.tqcells.com.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hey guys...

Trent is a stand up guy and worked really hard to get this going.
He'll tell you exactly what his thoughts are on all his products. Have no fear...
Congrats on the launching your products.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by chrisman
Hey guys...

Trent is a stand up guy and worked really hard to get this going.
He'll tell you exactly what his thoughts are on all his products. Have no fear...
Congrats on the launching your products.
Thanks for the kind words Chris. Much appreciated! This has definitely been a lot of work and a lot of stuff to learn so far, but I'm really digging it.

My dynos have had a lot of miles put on them in the past few weeks...... the slave motor on my turbodyno is begging for mercy.

Here's a shot from the T-Bang "assembly line" last night. Most of this batch of beauties got shipped out for evaluation over in the UK!

Old 04-05-2006, 01:45 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Congrats Trent!!!

Haven't been racin with you guys since the schedule was moved to Saturdays, but anyways.... Finally a local source where I can get tuned motors and from a GREAT guy!

Roy
Old 04-05-2006, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by f2000racer
Hey Congrats Trent!!!

Haven't been racin with you guys since the schedule was moved to Saturdays, but anyways.... Finally a local source where I can get tuned motors and from a GREAT guy!

Roy
Hey Roy!

Long time no see man. Thanks for the support!

Are you getting ready for the TCS? I'll be out there on May for GT2. Unfortunately, I haven't made a T-Bang mabuchi yet.....
Old 04-06-2006, 12:38 AM
Tech Addict

Yeap! I'm all set.

Come to think of it, ever since I started with r/c, I don't think I ever used the silver can or black sport tuned motors so I'm not really sure how to "use" it

I'm hoping to make it to the April 28 big race
Old 04-11-2006, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

Default TQ cells

Hey Trent,

Don't you have any 3700 race packs? Need them for the TCS.

Thanks,
Roy
Old 04-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by f2000racer
Hey Trent,

Don't you have any 3700 race packs? Need them for the TCS.

Thanks,
Roy
Hey Roy,

Unfortunately, I've only got IB3800's now. A bunch of smoking hot packs too - 1.20v+/400+sec, so they would have some serious kick. Does the TCS only allow 3700's maximum?

If so, I would be happy to get those for you - they're just not part of my normal inventory. Our matcher is pretty strong on the IB cells, so that's what I have been stocking. PM me with how many packs/what voltages you want/etc. and I will get a quote back to you ASAP.

T
Old 04-11-2006, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Default CO-27's and K-19's on the way!

Some good news - new motors should be here next week! Pre-tests by some of the tuners in the USA are showing the K-19 to be the fastest 19t platform so far..... should be an exciting summer.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can you tell me if your batteries will give me good run time? My 1400mah stick packs only give me 3 minutes of run time.

Old 04-26-2006, 10:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 0000000000
Can you tell me if your batteries will give me good run time? My 1400mah stick packs only give me 3 minutes of run time.
LOL. Who is that masked man asking questions of battery capacity?

Why yes. You will certainly get additional run time from a 3800 mah pack. Approximately 2.7 times as much run time!
Old 05-01-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey Trent.....the brushes ran great this weekend and helped me TQ and win open modified 12th scale with a 19 turn Atlas.
See you soon.
Thanks......Dwayne Flodell
Old 05-02-2006, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tandman
Hey Trent.....the brushes ran great this weekend and helped me TQ and win open modified 12th scale with a 19 turn Atlas.
See you soon.
Thanks......Dwayne Flodell
Thanks for the props Dwayne! I'm really glad that they did the trick. They have been very strong for me and the other guys out on the coast this season as well.

As always, it takes a great driver to make a product look good, so I appreciate that you gave them a shot out there at the race, and I'm really glad that they were in there with you to the finals!

I'll be in touch about getting samples of the other products out for you to run.....
Old 05-09-2006, 12:15 AM
Tech Addict

Default Huge Run This Week!

Hey Gang,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the T-Bang Extreme Stock - Type C (CO27 based) and the T-Bang Extreme 19 - Type K (K19 based) are entering production this week. Motors will all be here by the end of the week and I'm going to get a big tuning run under way immediately.

Give me a heads up if you want motors from this run - I'll get them out ASAP to everyone that has been holding back and waiting for the goodies!

Thanks to everyone for their support! The interest from the Canadian RC community has been awesome so far, and the goods will soon be ready to start shipping out!!

T

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.