Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada >

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

thanks trent. whats is to hot for your brushed motor? I'll post up some t4, 5700, trakpower findings later. I've been running good 4200's for a while now so it should get interesting. Dan.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Addict

If you've got a temp gauge, I would say 150F is pretty decent. If you're going a bit hotter, then no problem. More than 10-20 degrees higher than that and you may find the magnets weakening up over time. This is fixable, but involves getting the motor over to me so I can zap it. Better off just running it cool.

Definitely let us know on the LiPo's. What I have found the key difference to be between LiPo/NiMH is that the LiPo can hold voltage way better under load so you get a lot more snap. Those TrakPower LiPos are rated to hold 7.0v under 100A loads. No NiMH on the market can do that, so you get a lot more volts for the motor to use during acceleration.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:31 AM
Tech Addict

Default MASSIVE PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT!

We've always had a dream..... to be the #1 RC Racing Company in Canada. Today, we are pleased to announce that we are making a giant leap toward that goal with the start of support for Team Corally products.

Our passion has always been to unite performance, quality, and value throughout our product line up. Corally has made it an easy choice to include their products in our carefully selected line-up. The Engineering of these cars is impeccable, quality unsurpassed, and the results on the track speak for themselves. With decades of experience and numerous World Championships behind them, Corally continues to innovate and improve their lineup on a weekly basis.

We're extremely excited about this addition to our line-up and hope that you will consider a new ride for your 2007 carpet season!

The Corally RDX PHI is one of the most exotic touring cars on the planet. Unparalleled build quality, performance, and tuning options make this car one of the most adaptable and successful contenders in recent racing history.

We plan to provide complete parts support for the RDX Phi in addition to all option parts. This will be the platform of choice for many T-Bang Team Drivers, and we certainly hope you will get a chance to see one in action!

For more information on the RDX Phi, please visit our Corally Product Page.

The Corally SP12X won the 2006 Worlds in the capable hands of Corally Driver David Spashett. Today, this extremely high performance 12th scale can be in your pits ready to meet your competitors head on.

With complete parts support from T-Bang, you can feel assured that it's a "good thing" to try something new. The 12X will be the hot ticket this season, and you are invited to own one of these spectacular high performance pan cars.

For more information on the SP12X, please visit our Corally Product Page.

Another Addition to T-Bang!

We are also extremely excited about another type of addition to T-Bang! Corally and T-Bang team driver, Phil Cady has joined the company in order to expand our product lines and to bring the best possible service to our customers.

Located in the Victoria area, Phil will be taking a good deal of our sales and warehousing operations under his careful watch while Trent focuses on the tech and R&D aspects of our new product lines.

Phil has been running both the RDX PHI and SP12X as part of the Corally team, and brings a good deal of hands-on knowledge to the T-Bang as we embark on our new endeavors.

Welcome Phil! It's great to have you on board.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:34 AM
Tech Addict

Default MORE TO COME

WE'RE NOT DONE YET!!!

As exciting as the Corally news is...... we know there's more to a full service RC racing superstore than just having the hottest chassis around!

We are currently working with more powerhouse brands in the RC racing industry towards our vision of being the #1 Speed Shop in Canada.

Stay tuned..... we anticipate several ADDITIONAL BLOCKBUSTER ANNOUNCEMENTS in the very near future.

T
Old 09-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Excellent work Trent.......Phil is a great addition to the T-Bang crew.....his on track performance and general attitude at the races is outstanding.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigDaddyT
ADDITIONAL BLOCKBUSTER ANNOUNCEMENTS

T

OOOOOOOOOOOO
nice work on the Corally stuff. Current 12th scale world champs right?
They are super popular back in my old home land, great to see a local guy dealing with them ! and what else might be hiding up your sleeve?
Good work Trent !
Keep it coming, although my financial manager (wife) won't thank you !
Old 09-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

when will you have the phi kits on sale???
Old 09-10-2007, 07:13 AM
Tech Addict

You should have seen my 'financial manager'.....

"You guys have got how many RC cars coming from..... Holland?"

All good though. We are very excited.

T
Old 09-10-2007, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Congrats trent. So when will the AE off-road stuff start to fill the warehouse. Good luck with all. Dan
Old 09-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Hey, all.

Great times ahead! Thanks for your kind words, Dwayne - hopefully see you in Kamloops this weekend?

Regarding availability etc, the stock is on order and being processed as I type this. This is somewhat of a baseline for sorting out how long these things will actually take to land on our doorstep. As soon as we can we'll be updating the T-Store and let you know when we're good to go. Seems like there is lots of interest locally and across the country so hopefully we can have regular orders into Corally to get you the items you need to have a great day at the races. If you're looking for the PHI or SP12X for early fall races, you should let us know ASAP as a fair number have already been spoken for!

I've raced both cars for a full season now and they're nothing short of great. Like any machine there is a little figuring out to do, some experimentation to conduct and so on. I must say that the PHI took me by surprise on at least two fronts. First, I broke only one part all year and it was entirely a brain fade on my part. I sheared an axle as my servo saver spring gave out. So, parts wise, I have been very lucky and the car is resilient. Second, the thing is telepathic. On asphalt for stock and 19T the car is quite agressive and with a spool, it's golden. For me personally, I find myself driving more than a full lap faster than I did last year in Stock alone. Of course Trent's magic motors are the power behind the platform! I'm just now working on Mod and if I can share anything that is helpful at all, I certainly will.

Have a great week everyone.
Phil
Old 09-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by danimal1965
Congrats trent. So when will the AE off-road stuff start to fill the warehouse. Good luck with all. Dan
Thanks Dan. We'll see how it goes..... right now we're working on carpet burners first!

T
Old 09-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Phil.....looks like Kamloops is a go Definately put me down for a PHI....I will give the Pro4 one more weekend of punishment though this weekend
Some guys out here are pretty stoked about a different choice in chassis that will be supported locally.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey Phil.. if you have room, can you bring up the 12th scale...? im coming up to run Nitro Touring car and would like to see the car... If not i understand... safe trip up... see you there...
Old 09-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

Hey, Gord.

It may well be tight! We have a truckload of people going up and most of us are running three classes so we are packed to the roof - literally. I'll see if I can bring mine along since our shipment is currently being processed and as such we don't have a nice box to stack away. Honestly? ... the thing is that if I let you hold it, you won't want to let go of it!

See you there!
Phil
Old 09-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

trent have any pictures of your phi???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.