Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada >

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Hi, C_Suzuki.

I'll be sure to grab some this weekend! I have the TCS (Thermal Cooling System) mounted in one car and the GTB in the other, so you'll get great shots of the different setups etc. I'll be sure to post as soon as I can get them! Cheers,

Phil
Old 09-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'll have my camera up this weekend, so hope to get lots of pic's...
Old 09-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Tech Addict

That's awesome Gord. If you guys haven't seen them before, Gord's RC action photos are mind-blistering.

Here's a set from the 2007 CORCS finals (hope you don't mind Gordy):

http://picasaweb.google.com/gordbarr...ey=JmWUZt2ofUE
Old 09-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Trent....you have email.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Tech Addict

Default Tires! Tires! Tires!

Time for another installment of breaking news.........

September 13, 2007 - Welcome to JACO Tires!

With carpet season just around the corner, everyone's mind is on new tires for the winter season, and T-Bang has turned to the industry experts in tire technology to bring the highest performance tire products to our customers!

We are extremely pleased to announce support for the complete JACO tire line up and hope that you will take this opportunity to get fresh kicks for your car in time for the winter season.

JACO foams are already known as the gold standard for Touring Car, 12th Scale, and Nitro. However, those guys don't sit still for long, and they have released a number of extremely innovative tire products in time for the '07 winter season. We are very fortunate to be able to bring these bleeding edge products to you as part of our JACO launch!

For more information, please visit our JACO Product Page.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Tech Addict

trent u got email
Old 09-17-2007, 07:22 AM
Tech Addict

Default Kamloops - Fall Touring Car Classic

Hey Gang,

Just dusting off the cobwebs after getting back from Kamloops last night. I think I have an RC hang-over.

Awesome weekend out there - excellent event run by the TVRCRC club and Doug Papka from SIR. That guy runs a smooth show.

T-Bang had a great weekend. I will get results from the club later on, but we had both team and independent drivers dominating Stock, 19T, Pro-10, and Mod all running T-Bang Power. EP batteries were all over, TrakPower LiPo's, and coolest of all - lots of newer guys running the sport series motors and doing well.

This was also the first weekend we ran on JACO rubber tires. I ran them personally in 19T and Mod and I was really impressed on multiple fronts. First and most importantly, the tires performed really well and ran fast with consistent predictable grip. I didn't feel them falling off very much run after run. Second, the quality and durability of them was very good. No tires peeling off the rims, good wear, and so forth. Very good experience.

Thanks to everyone that swung by to say hi while I was running around like a maniac. We very much appreciate the support and look forward to running with you all this winter.

T
Old 09-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trent.....thanks for the power this last weekend......the Trinity X-Stock really performed well. Also thanks for the cells they had mad rip all weekend.
See you soon.
Dwayne Flodell
Old 09-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

you have email Trent.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Mr. T what's the news with the corally???
Old 09-21-2007, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by f2000racer
Hi Mr. T what's the news with the corally???
Good news Roy! The shipments are on the ground in our secret underground lair in Victoria, and the pricing is nearly complete. We'll get the details on line very shortly. Cars should go on sale next week!

T
Old 09-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

How do i interperate the figures on the dyno results i have a choice of four motors X19-Type C, do i go for the one with the highest RPM or with the highest torque Also what rollout is a good starting base for a technical indoor carpet track????
Old 09-29-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Default Web Updates!

Hey Guys,

Lots of web updates and new stuff posted up there today..... if you haven't visited us for a while, be sure to check back and see what's new.

T
Old 09-29-2007, 09:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stegger
How do i interperate the figures on the dyno results i have a choice of four motors X19-Type C, do i go for the one with the highest RPM or with the highest torque Also what rollout is a good starting base for a technical indoor carpet track????
Good Question!

In practical terms, the power curve (watts) is actually your most comprehensive measure of a motor's overall potential as it is a function of both RPM and Torque of a motor. I usually start there when comparing motors.

The Torque and RPM curves are good indicators of which motors to use in a given situation as well as to anticipate gearing changes that may be required between your different motors.

On a small, tight track, the motor with more torque may have an advantage over a motor making more overall power if there are lots of tight corners to contend with. Likewise on a large open track, more RPM will be a benefit. However, the motor with the highest Power rating, will always be strong if geared correctly in almost every situation.

When switching between motors, it can also be useful to take a look at the differences in the numbers. For example if a motor is making 10% more torque than the one in your car, you may look at gearing up a tooth when you switch over to the second motor.

In general, it's hard to make an exact guess on rollout, but I would expect that you are going to find it somewhere in the 30mm range (assuming 6 cell TC on a tighter track). You'll need to experiment a bit to get it dialed. The main trick when you're not 100% sure is to run for a couple minutes at a time checking your motor temps all the time so you don't get too hot if you've started out too high.

Best regards,

T
Old 10-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trent......promising results at the IIC race....looks like the Corally boys had a good time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.