Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Kinetic

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

Mick, tried the programming button with no transmitter switched on and it is not allowed (everything plugged in ready to go if you know what I mean) - sort of expected that as the speedo is probably waiting for the receiver to pair with it.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Are the NovaLinks available anywhere?
I ordered one from amain hobbies last night. It showed "in stock, limited quantities" Hopefully all goes well.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default settings

Hi all..
Can any one get past 244 on delay?
it says 1 to 500ms....Cant get past 244 ms?
Does some strange things..but it works..holds settings...
Old 08-19-2010, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCHR
Need a error code decoded

it basically displays every led in a crazy order that takes about 30 seconds to go thru the whole thing

blue
blue, amber
amber
green, red, white
amber, green, red , white
amber, green, white
blue, green
green, white
red, white
red
amber, red, white
green
amber, green,red
blue, green, red
amber, red
blue, amber, red
all five leds

restart cycle.

brand new out of box, setup fine, tested in the air fine, now no throttle and that cycle of codes...

bro the fix is for this is simple... I just got my speedos the other day and put it them in my offroad stuff and had this EXACT thing happen..

the fix is another switch. On mine the button for some reason gets "stuck" pressed in and keeps the esc in thinking that your hitting the button. new switch and your good.

leon
Old 08-19-2010, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

Umm..... Thanks for checking this for me.

So the question now is: Any way of programming the Kinetic when you don't have access to your transmitter (ie major race event, nationals/euros/worlds) and don't have a laptop & Novalink.

MiCk B. :-)

Originally Posted by scoyle
Mick, tried the programming button with no transmitter switched on and it is not allowed (everything plugged in ready to go if you know what I mean) - sort of expected that as the speedo is probably waiting for the receiver to pair with it.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gameover
yeah it's way too agressive, especially if you mash the throttle a lot. The boost timing needs to be configurable as Max (60 deg) is too much, especially for 10.5t. There will be a lot of motor meltdowns until this is configurable i think.

i was running:
timing: 30
start 12000
end 30000
no boost
LRP X12 on the 0 timing insert.

temps were 70C after 5 mins (with a motor fan) on a cold night.

This is a tight track small straight.
What FDR were you running? I've dropped it back to 20* timing and it seems fine now. I agree the boost should be configurable as 60 sounds insane for a stock motor that already has 30* of timing on the can. 90* all together!!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mikecatts
Hi all..
Can any one get past 244 on delay?
it says 1 to 500ms....Cant get past 244 ms?
Does some strange things..but it works..holds settings...
at this time the max delay is 250. Novak is aware of this issue and are working on it.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by punkracer24
bro the fix is for this is simple... I just got my speedos the other day and put it them in my offroad stuff and had this EXACT thing happen..

the fix is another switch. On mine the button for some reason gets "stuck" pressed in and keeps the esc in thinking that your hitting the button. new switch and your good.

leon
makes sense, I'll try that, thanks

Update, the button was the problem, easy fix, thanks.

Last edited by RCHR; 08-20-2010 at 06:44 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcannon409
I ordered one from amain hobbies last night. It showed "in stock, limited quantities" Hopefully all goes well.
Just ordered mine. Thanks buddy
Old 08-19-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MiCk B
Umm..... Thanks for checking this for me.

So the question now is: Any way of programming the Kinetic when you don't have access to your transmitter (ie major race event, nationals/euros/worlds) and don't have a laptop & Novalink.

you only need your radio to do the one touch setup at the start...once that is done you should be able to turn it on and make any adjustments to the profile you need to make....without a laptop or radio
Old 08-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by punkracer24
you only need your radio to do the one touch setup at the start...once that is done you should be able to turn it on and make any adjustments to the profile you need to make....without a laptop or radio
Can anyone confirm that you can make adjustments to the Kinetic without your radio / transmitter or a laptop.

I know that Stephen (SCoyle) tried and couldn't get it to work. Anyone from Novak. The next time I will see my Kinetic will be trackside at the Off-Road euros. So I can't try this myself.

Thanks,

Old 08-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Can anyone confirm that you can make adjustments to the Kinetic without your radio / transmitter or a laptop.

I know that Stephen (SCoyle) tried and couldn't get it to work. Anyone from Novak. The next time I will see my Kinetic will be trackside at the Off-Road euros. So I can't try this myself.

Thanks,

I can..
Old 08-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

So it is possible to program using only the switch!!

Good stuff.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

So it is possible to program using only the switch!!

Good stuff.

yeah it works fine, although there are a lot of lights!
Old 08-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Timing settings etc for 10.5

From our experience, and weve had some.

Try the settings I gave earlier to Scoyle for 10.5, it's a very agressive setting but I've been running it now for quite a few meetings and not had 1 meltdown yet, strong power and excellent top end, however I strongly advise you take into account my reccommendations on fixed endbell timing and FDR. I am running 6.7 to 7.0 depending on circuit size, I went into specific detail of equipment used track style and speedo settings in earlier mail recently so as to avoid any meltdowns for users.

Novak have produced a speedo which is very adjustable, with adjustments available that can cause damage if used without proper caution, if the speedo was not capable of over stretching other items in the circuit , ref motors. then customers would always believe it's not capable of pushing equipment to it's limits.

However thats the nature of the RC Beast currently, pushing equipment to within an inch of it's life, especially On-road Electric. Used correctly it's a fantastic piece of kit,

If you want to go in at the top, and go hard immediately, Take note of the excellent advice given on here from trusted users, ( Novak reps )and you won't go far wrong.

Otherwise if time is on your side and you wish to sort it out yourself, be cautious and approach the limits from below. Enjoy learning this equipment and save yourself some bucks on the way.

With regards to one touch programming without the transmitter, It's my belief that if you use 2.4g then you need the transmitter available and switched on. The speedo needs to recognise a receiver attached and 2.4g don't supply the required signal to the speedo unless it's receieving a signal from the tranny. However, 40 meg etc receivers don't require the connection to the tranny and as such the esc can be programmed without the tranny in attendance, hence why some people can programme the esc with out the tranny on.

Steve
Team Novak/CML UK On-Road rep.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.