Novak Kinetic

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi,

Try downloading the NovaLink Hardware Connection Test

http://v2.teamnovak.com/downloads/index/4/20

This will check the NovaLink and the connection to the ESC.

I've fond the odd time that I had to run this first for the software to 'see' the ESC.

Also what's the order that you are connecting everything up?

MiCk B. :-)
Old 11-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I know, I know. This thread has been dead for a while now, but I want to get some opinions on the kinetic. I'm thinking about picking up of these ESC's with a ballistic 21.5 motor for a really, really, really good price.

Now, I've heard these ESC's go up in smoke. Any word as to why they've been detonating for no apparent reason? Is it the Nova Link software that's doing something to the ESC's software?

My only concern is, will it go up in smoke when running a 21.5 non-boosted setup?

Cheers, and please let me know if anyone is still running these ESC's. I would like to know how they are stacking up to the latest competition.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I know, I know. This thread has been dead for a while now, but I want to get some opinions on the kinetic. I'm thinking about picking up of these ESC's with a ballistic 21.5 motor for a really, really, really good price.

Now, I've heard these ESC's go up in smoke. Any word as to why they've been detonating for no apparent reason? Is it the Nova Link software that's doing something to the ESC's software?

My only concern is, will it go up in smoke when running a 21.5 non-boosted setup?

Cheers, and please let me know if anyone is still running these ESC's. I would like to know how they are stacking up to the latest competition.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
Any word as to why they've been detonating for no apparent reason? Is it the Nova Link software that's doing something to the ESC's software?

Hey Edward,

I no longer use the Kinetic for racing. I do however use one of my two units as a basher in my short course truck. Just because I have it. Why did the units fail is way above my knowledge. I did have two units fail on me. But we were running aggressive timing advance with boost in 17.5 sedans. If you plan to just use the unit for 21.5 blinky I would think you would be fine. Now with that said, electronics work until they don't.

If you do this, I might recommend using the unit like the modern Novak. Just use the lights for setting the controller. The Novalink is great, but totally not needed. Especially with binky racing.

Best of luck,

Snowy.