Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MetalShield
Hey Randy, thanks for helping!! OK, esc set to 1S lipo voltage-cutoff set for 1S... I then re-bind the receiver, turn off the esc, removed the bind plug and connected the booster (bat/bind port), , set the radio to 100% brake and throttle settings ... turned esc on again, re-calibrated the esc, turn off/on again, arming sequence starts with no sounds and then finishes on the middle led (NW) solid for 3 seconds then flashes to the first led (DB) then immediately returns back to the middle led (NW) solid again for 3sec and ecs repeats this process.

Also, with the above process completed on a 1S Lipo (tried two different batteries, full charge)... I have steering NO motor.
I then tried turnning off the esc unplugged the 1S and connected a 2S (with all the same setting as above and removed the booster), funny thing the sounds chime esc arms itself and power to everything. Motor spools up and all works fine!

Could it be a bad booster!?
That's exactly what sounds like is the issue. If it works on 2s but not on 1s you've got a booster issue.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Randy is 100% right, i had EXACT same thing happen with mine, after close inspection found with my tq booster, the red wire came undone on the esc,so it looked as if everything was sorta working, but the lower voltage wouldnt let me get power/chime etc...dont know what booster ur running, but with my tq, i have the leave the esc switch ON and than the booster ON, but i hear novak esc off, etc...check to be sure u have right combo...definatlly booster
Old 01-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well my RS Pro is in THE post

should be with me on Friday

what is the first thing i need to do ?? is there an update for it now or will it come with the new one in it ??

sorry for the noob Questions but i am coming from the LRP stock spec with simple buttons to set up
Old 01-27-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
That's exactly what sounds like is the issue. If it works on 2s but not on 1s you've got a booster issue.
yup, thats what it was... faulty booster, it was obvious after connecting the transponder on 1S and the light was barely visible, just tried another booster and it works fine now! THANKS GUYS!!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

#1 Buy a Hotwire,
#2 Get update via Tekin website, 4.0 will say vegas and such
#3 Put on a helmet,cause this aint lrp anymore!!!
#4 Remove Lrp from ur signature,set Tekin in it's place..

Have fun
Old 01-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
#1 Buy a Hotwire,

Have fun
lol
Old 01-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Randy is 100% right, i had EXACT same thing happen with mine, after close inspection found with my tq booster, the red wire came undone on the esc,so it looked as if everything was sorta working, but the lower voltage wouldnt let me get power/chime etc...dont know what booster ur running, but with my tq, i have the leave the esc switch ON and than the booster ON, but i hear novak esc off, etc...check to be sure u have right combo...definatlly booster
I was using an In-Line booster, cant remember the name... I must have fried it during hookup and didn't notice. One thing for sure, this setup is staying in my 12th scale now never to be removed again!! LOL...
Attached Thumbnails Tekin RS ESC sensored-img_0121.jpg  
Old 01-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

What should we be using as a basis for the rpm range to boost the timing? I know what has been posted but its doesn't seem to have any science behind it. I have a Novak sentry system so I can see what my RPMs actually are at different points on the track. With a 17.5 motor I get over 20K at the end straightaway and down to 4K or so on a slow corner.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

#1 Buy a Hotwire,
there is one ordered

is this free to update ???

no i have been trying to keep up for a couple of weeks waiting for it to clear customs in NL

not just yet , it hasn't arrived yet

Have fun
i intend too , 15.400 lap times ere i come LOL
Old 01-27-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Fantastic!!!!..yes it is free to download, just register,click,its in ur mailbox..
Old 01-27-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i got to run my rs for the first time last night.
but the throttle felt a little funny, it felt flat from low to mid. is there an adjustment for that? i was running throttle profile 3
Old 01-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HB Moose
What should we be using as a basis for the rpm range to boost the timing? I know what has been posted but its doesn't seem to have any science behind it. I have a Novak sentry system so I can see what my RPMs actually are at different points on the track. With a 17.5 motor I get over 20K at the end straightaway and down to 4K or so on a slow corner.
The science to it is easy. The start rpm is where the timing will start to increase, the end is where it will hit max timing. As for where to put those numbers and your Sentry data, well you could start it at 4k but then you would have NO timing coming out of slow corners. I doubt zero timing would provide the most power at 4k rpm, it is going to need some. If you set the end at 20k, you would only hit max timing at the very end of the straight, so for most of the track you would not have max timing. This is why start and end rpms should usually be well within your actual rpm range.

To get really scientific about it, you would really need dyno data for the motor and speed control combined to really fine tune it. Without that, track testing will have to suffice.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalracer2
but the throttle felt a little funny, it felt flat from low to mid. is there an adjustment for that? i was running throttle profile 3
Did it feel like a lot of negative exponential on the throttle or was the motor just flat coming off of the corners? Three is linear but if you like a more positive expo feel, you could go to 4 or 5. If it's just a flat feeling motor, some other set-up changes may be in order.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
there is one ordered

is this free to update ???

no i have been trying to keep up for a couple of weeks waiting for it to clear customs in NL

not just yet , it hasn't arrived yet

i intend too , 15.400 lap times ere i come LOL
He Phil,

You're going to buy a Tekin?
Can't you keep up with Marcel Pinkster

Updates are free and you can download it from the Tekin site. www.teamtekin.com

15,3 by Richard and still the nr 1 is Marcel.
So soon you can bead them as you have your Tekin
Old 01-27-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalracer2
what are your setting and gearing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.