Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JBennett
I have a problem with my car from my last race. I was winning the race then my car just swiched ends and cost me the race. I been having this problem all race day. What can I do to fix this?
Jason,

A little more info would help us to help you.

Mike
Old 05-30-2005, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have a problem with my car from my last race. I was winning the race then my car just swiched ends and cost me the race. I been having this problem all race day. What can I do to fix this?
Did you replace your thrust bearings? Your rear end bearings could be seizing up when hot, thus tossing your rear around. Check your other bearings as well. What are your settings? Are they posted on Xray's set-p page?
Old 05-30-2005, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
* Crack the diffs open and see if they are the new thrustbearings, if not get replacements
* Spring steel front axles ...or maybe that dremel mod below (I did the spring steel axles all the way around both my cars)
* Multidiff, if you're a "oneway" kind of guy
* New underwear ..you're gonna need them when you see how much faster you are
my stock front axles are done with only one weekend of rubber tires racing on them. What off-set are you guys running ? 1+ or 1- .. The spring steel ones still rub the dog-bone ?

Thanks
Old 05-30-2005, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Michal101
Jason,

A little more info would help us to help you.

Mike
Mostly when I let off the throttle on a turn the car does a complete 360 into the rail.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jimbo Morris
I just drilled through the screw with a bit just smaller then the shaft, then with a screw extractor thinger I was able to back them out by lightly tapping it into the hole i made and turning it with some pliars. The extractor i got from a tap and die set my dad has. It loks sorta like a drill bit but with backwards threads. I'll post pics if anyone wants to see what I am talking about.
In Oz, they are called Easy Outs. The die has a left hand tapered thread so it locks into the driled hole. Simply drill out the centre of the screw, insert the die and then extract the screw. No need to strip down the car or damage the chassis.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Mostly when I let off the throttle on a turn the car does a complete 360 into the rail.
Are you running a front one way?
Old 05-30-2005, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by John Q
my stock front axles are done with only one weekend of rubber tires racing on them. What off-set are you guys running ? 1+ or 1- .. The spring steel ones still rub the dog-bone ?

Thanks
I run standard kit offset of 0 deg, as are most guys I think, as the -1, +1 hubs aren't available yet...

The spring steel ones will rub the dog bone as well, they will just not mushroom like the aluminum ones. I have been running my car 3x a week now for 8-9 weeks, and the bearings are slightly tight coming off the axle hubs.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MartynD
I run standard kit offset of 0 deg, as are most guys I think, as the -1, +1 hubs aren't available yet...

The spring steel ones will rub the dog bone as well, they will just not mushroom like the aluminum ones. I have been running my car 3x a week now for 8-9 weeks, and the bearings are slightly tight coming off the axle hubs.

The -1 and +1 should be here in the states in about a week or so!
Old 05-30-2005, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Are you running a front one way?
Yes
Old 05-30-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Yes
That is what I thought since this is a common problem with one-way and personally the best way I have found to deal with it is to always have a little throttle on when taking the turns…either that or replace the one-way with a regular diff or spool.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

That is what I thought since this is a common problem with one-way and personally the best way I have found to deal with it is to always have a little throttle on when taking the turns…either that or replace the one-way with a regular diff or spool.
This only started in the last race and before that it was fine. I just rebuilt the shocks so maybe I'll see a difference. Thanks

Jason
Old 05-30-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Adept

You might think that this is a silly answer to the 360 problem, but here is what happened in my case.
I run my 3pk both in my buggy and in my Xray. One day I was facing the same problem with you and have been wrenching around all day to find out eventually that my 3pk's mode was set to the buggy program and my EPA where all over the place. What happened was that the servo was steering excessively and the front wheel was binding, causing the car to spin out just like yours.
Although it might sound stupid, check it out and let us know.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up Reedy Race

Congrats to Jilles at the Reedy Race!!
Old 05-30-2005, 10:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MartynD

Going to have to get the spring steal ones.. Thanks for the info....
Old 05-31-2005, 03:49 AM
Tech Addict

Under load at full lock I seem to get loads of chatter at the front wheel and can't find the problem??
I have turned the steering down so that it doesn't touch the c-hub at full lock but problem persists ... any ideas??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.