Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 960....

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by C Verano
I ran the short wheelbase at the national with a 2018 and a short conical. Maybe you can try a shorter header and play with gearing and the clutch to make the bottom end you are looking for.
Chris, what does a short wheel base do for the car? I've never tried it.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by going4#1
Chris, what does a short wheel base do for the car? I've never tried it.
When I shortened the car it seemed to give the car more steering.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default Winter Nats - Serpent cars dominate both A-mains

Wow, did you see the results for 1/10th on mytsn? 5 710s in the A-main. 4 960s in the 1/8th A-main. Nice way to start off 2006.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by going4#1
I use the 6 fin with a JP and you're right, there isn't a lot of space left.

Unlike 1/10th I've haven't seen a lot of variation in pipes for 1/8th on-road. For off-road, sure, but on-road. Not really. Anyone else?

I guess the questions is, are you willing to give a bit of handling for the added power? Does the shortened wheel base really help a lot? For short tracks I found removing the side stiffeners helps with handling. Could that help you?

Sadly the track that i'm at is really technical with one long sweeping straight.. and I've tried the original short header with the 2018 pipe + short wheel base. The car was awesome.. handled very well.. Just lagging a bit of bottom end punch.

Tried multiple gearing & various clutch setting.. still not as good as the 7 fin header.

What if I grind say... 2mm of the tuned pipe head (where the grub screw sits). Is that advisable?

Cheers.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi all,

Another problem i'm having is inconsistent braking..

After a long straight ill need to brake hard (and long) for a hairpin turn at my track.. Usually when the braking power is not enough I'd increase the brake (EPA).. the problem is at some slower part of the track where braking is required the car would seem to loose out is rear end with a tap of the brake's. Make's me kinda nervous to push the car all out. I think a few of the 960's here are having that problem.

Currently using the standard disk brake with the optional brake pad. Any comments?

Cheers
Old 02-21-2006, 09:22 AM
Freelander7

Hi, are the Jaco Nitro shoes tires (1/8th scale) on sale yet? I cant seem to find them anywhere and im going to need to order tires soon as the season is starting again..!

Old 02-21-2006, 09:27 AM
Freelander7

Originally Posted by Azman Azam

After a long straight ill need to brake hard (and long) for a hairpin turn at my track.. Usually when the braking power is not enough I'd increase the brake (EPA).. the problem is at some slower part of the track where braking is required the car would seem to loose out is rear end with a tap of the brake's.

Cheers
Hi, what rear downstop settings are you using? Try changing them to 9 or even 10 depending on how severe your finding the problem.

Old 02-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Default Tyres and Engines

Congrats to all the Serpent drivers at the Winternats! All classes showed some serious performance and Morganti dominated 200mm.

Are the new Jaco/Serpent wheels now available in the US and Europe?

Also is there any more information about the Massimo Fantini engine that will be carried by Serpent?
Old 02-21-2006, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kendall
Congrats to all the Serpent drivers at the Winternats! All classes showed some serious performance and Morganti dominated 200mm.

Are the new Jaco/Serpent wheels now available in the US and Europe?

Also is there any more information about the Massimo Fantini engine that will be carried by Serpent?
I think Serpent just received the 1/8 scale shipment of Jacos right before the Winternats. I suppose they would be shipping out to dealers now or very soon.

Maybe Doug or Paolo will jump in and asnwer the question on the Fantini engines.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

who's car is it?

is someone know the driver's body color ?

i know paolo run with white and black body,Bertin with yellow and black...but Salven,Swauger,and other finalist i don't know??
Old 02-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Freelander7

Hi, I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me what bodyshells were being used in the A-main? Particularly the serpent drivers..Paolo,Scotty,Barry,and Steven.

There seems to be a lot of confusion over bodies, apparently a lot of new bodys were used.

Old 02-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by C Verano
I think Serpent just received the 1/8 scale shipment of Jacos right before the Winternats. I suppose they would be shipping out to dealers now or very soon.

Maybe Doug or Paolo will jump in and asnwer the question on the Fantini engines.
We already receive the Jaco's and we are almost out of stock

New order are on the way.

About the Mega MF line, will be released shortly

Paolo
Old 02-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nefastseven
who's car is it?

is someone know the driver's body color ?

i know paolo run with white and black body,Bertin with yellow and black...but Salven,Swauger,and other finalist i don't know??
This is Mark Harrison 960. I run Black and white on the practise bodies and my scheme on the race bodies. This is my shceme for sedan. The 1/8 scale is very similar with same colors

Paolo
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 960....-mvc-212f.jpg  
Old 02-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Freelander7
Hi, I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me what bodyshells were being used in the A-main? Particularly the serpent drivers..Paolo,Scotty,Barry,and Steven.

There seems to be a lot of confusion over bodies, apparently a lot of new bodys were used.
Me, Scotty and Barry where using the Serpent EV3 Lola (#1757). Steve was using the Kyosho body

Paolo
Old 02-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Azman Azam
Sadly the track that i'm at is really technical with one long sweeping straight.. and I've tried the original short header with the 2018 pipe + short wheel base. The car was awesome.. handled very well.. Just lagging a bit of bottom end punch.

Tried multiple gearing & various clutch setting.. still not as good as the 7 fin header.

What if I grind say... 2mm of the tuned pipe head (where the grub screw sits). Is that advisable?

Cheers.
How much space is left for the screw if you take off 2mm? Don't get rid of the hole for the muffler holder. You need that. Instead of using a screw to hold the muffler to the holder, thread the holder through the end of the muffler and use a linkage stopper on the end of the holder. Use a second stopper or some fuel tube to make sure the muffler doesn't go too low and scratch the ground.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 960....-mufflerholder.gif  

Last edited by going4#1; 02-21-2006 at 08:38 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.