Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 960....

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Azman Azam
Hi all,

Another problem i'm having is inconsistent braking..

After a long straight ill need to brake hard (and long) for a hairpin turn at my track.. Usually when the braking power is not enough I'd increase the brake (EPA).. the problem is at some slower part of the track where braking is required the car would seem to loose out is rear end with a tap of the brake's. Make's me kinda nervous to push the car all out. I think a few of the 960's here are having that problem.

Currently using the standard disk brake with the optional brake pad. Any comments?

Cheers

There are lot of opinions on the brake pad. I've used both and right now I'm using the standard pads on my 960 and they work well for me. You could give it try and see if it helps. As for the disc, I'm using a combo. A solid disc + an option disc. So far, it's working well but I've only tested it for 3 tanks of fuel.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have used the ventilated disc with the racing brake pads with great results. I have found this set-up to be one of the best I have ever had on car.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:16 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Me, Scotty and Barry where using the Serpent EV3 Lola (#1757). Steve was using the Kyosho body

Paolo
But also Salven drove the Kyosho body or not?
(or was it Steven Cuypers?)

Old 02-22-2006, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tip: Using part #902370 with 960

I'm sure a lot of 950 drivers noticed but if you're new to the 960 like me, you may have missed this.

If you intend to use Serpent part #920370 (Wheel-axles rear QC-fixed set) do NOT use the included aluminium spacers. They fit but are too short and introduce way TOO much play in the rear wheels.

Of course, when building a new car it's easy to miss one thing or another and this is one that I missed and recently discovered so I'm passing on the experience. Should you forget and use the shorter spacers (i.e. those included with the option set), you may experience stability problems with the rear of the car (I did). The spacers for the 960 are longer than those for the 950. Using them will get rid of excessive play and enhance rear stabilization.

The 960 does not require spacers for the front wheels.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Here is how I define a truely GREAT RC Car Company...

Make an 1/8th scale car that a 55 year old dude that has never raced 1/8th scale before can build about a month before the winternats...

Get a complete setup and all your questions answered by the Companies #1 North American driver and his team...

Put the car on the track and have it handle flawlessly during both practice and the first day of qualifying...

By the second day of qualifying the traction had increased to a point where the 55 year old hands could not quite handle the quick steering response, so I pulled out the trusty old setup book provided with the kit and made 2 changes that made the car again perfect for me to drive..

End the week with 55 year old 1/8th scale rookie holding a 2nd place C main masters trophy...

Now in my humble opionion that is one hell of a product with a great team to support it....

Many thanks to Serpent USA, and Serpent Holland for making such a great product and never stopping in the quest to make their products better..

Doug, Paolo, and crew, thanks again for all your help.

Last edited by Doug Darby; 02-22-2006 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Doug Darby
Here is how I define a truely GREAT RC Car Company...

Make an 1/8th scale car that a 55 year old dude that has never raced 1/8th scale before can build about a month before the winternats...

Get a complete setup and all your questions answered by the Companies #1 North American driver and his team...

Put the car on the track and have it handle flawlessly during both practice and the first day of qualifying...

By the second day of qualifying the traction had increased to a point where the 55 year old hands could not quite handle the quick steering response, so I pulled out the trusty old setup book provided with the kit and made 2 changes that made the car again perfect for me to drive..

End the week with 55 year old 1/8th scale rookie holding a 2nd place C main trophy...

Now in my humble opionion that is one hell of a product with a great team to support it....

Many thanks to Serpent USA, and Serpent Holland for making such a great product and never stopping in the quest to make their products better..

Doug, Paolo, and crew, thanks again for all your help.
Good job Doug.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

i think it's paolo's car

cuyper's car

Old 02-22-2006, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

The top one is definitely Paolo's car.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:15 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nefastseven
cuyper's car

And Salvens car.....
see the Jaco stickers on the front compared to the Enneti's on Cuypers car?... also the fuel tube is different.....
Old 02-22-2006, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

do you know who was using Blitz body??

i was looking for that but it's difficult to see the difference........

i just want to see them because my 960 has a Blitz 530,i painted one very fast with the remainder of paint sprays....and a guy has just paint the other one today with an aerographer...tomorrow i'll have pics,and i hope to receive it before the week end

tomorrow i'll run with my 960,and perhaps this week end (normally the weather will be nice)
Old 02-22-2006, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

so all the talk about the kyosho dome what does it handle like ? is there any news on that.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

ha paolo that pic does do you some justice of how fast your car was . saw a small video clip of you running and if the car and you keep running like that. serpent usa team will be winning alot this year
Old 02-23-2006, 02:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by M7H
But also Salven drove the Kyosho body or not?
(or was it Steven Cuypers?)

Michael Salven and Steven Cuypers shared the same "K body" for the finals. Salven used the K body in the later qualifiers and B final. Cuypers used the same body and changed the the tire sponsor decals for the A final. The same body was used by two different drivers.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:15 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Doug M
Michael Salven and Steven Cuypers shared the same "K body" for the finals. Salven used the K body in the later qualifiers and B final. Cuypers used the same body and changed the the tire sponsor decals for the A final. The same body was used by two different drivers.
Aha.... They looked to similar to be different bodies.......

Uhh, it looks like the body is a bit higher then the Protoform, if I look at the engine, or is the engine in a 960 mounted a lot lower then in a 950, or maybe they had 3mm ride height......
Old 02-23-2006, 05:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Brake Adaptor

Hi all

I am consistentelly having a problem with my 960.(great car!)

The screw of the brake adaptor ir tearing off all the time. I´m putting thread lock in it.

Is it just me?

Thks in advance

Luís Cortez

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.