Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 960....

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 07:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nefastseven
tomorrow i'll run with my 960,and perhaps this week end (normally the weather will be nice)

sh.....this weather is not good........this morning when i woke up,i saw rain or snow...

i hope tomorrow or this week end
Old 02-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Luís Cortez
Hi all

I am consistentelly having a problem with my 960.(great car!)

The screw of the brake adaptor ir tearing off all the time. I´m putting thread lock in it.

Is it just me?

Thks in advance

Luís Cortez
Try using a little bit of red loctite.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M7H
Aha.... They looked to similar to be different bodies.......

Uhh, it looks like the body is a bit higher then the Protoform, if I look at the engine, or is the engine in a 960 mounted a lot lower then in a 950, or maybe they had 3mm ride height......
Maybe Salven was using the LCG motor mount.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

do you know who was using Blitz body??

i was looking for that but it's difficult to see the difference........

i just want to see them because my 960 has a Blitz 530,i painted one very fast with the remainder of paint sprays....and a guy has just paint the other one today with an aerographer...tomorrow i'll have pics,and i hope to receive it before the week end

tomorrow i'll run with my 960,and perhaps this week end (normally the weather will be nice)
I tried the low downforce Blitz body this past weekend and the car felt like the rear end was drifting around. It did not feel as stable as EV3 body.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Hi all

I am consistentelly having a problem with my 960.(great car!)

The screw of the brake adaptor ir tearing off all the time. I´m putting thread lock in it.

Is it just me?

Thks in advance

Luís Cortez
Do you mean the screw that goes into part 9618 (Alu. collar brake pulley)? I'm not sure how the screw in the brake adaptor itself could fall out since it covered by the pulley. Can you give more details?
Old 02-24-2006, 03:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by going4#1
Do you mean the screw that goes into part 9618 (Alu. collar brake pulley)? I'm not sure how the screw in the brake adaptor itself could fall out since it covered by the pulley. Can you give more details?
Hi.

It is the one on the brake adaptor itself...It is not comming out. When i end up a final the screw is sometimes loose and almos always theared off. I cant enen take it out

Thks in advance

Luís Cortez

Last edited by Luís Cortez; 02-24-2006 at 06:11 AM.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Hi.

It is the one on the brake adaptor itself...It is not comming out. When i end up a final the screw is sometimes loose and almos always theared off. I cant enen take it out

Thks in advance

Luís Cortez
You are going to have to force the pulley off. It's stuck on the set-screw. Once you get it off, use a drop of red loctite. Or you can use one of these...

http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=3850
Old 02-25-2006, 03:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

Originally Posted by C Verano
You are going to have to force the pulley off. It's stuck on the set-screw. Once you get it off, use a drop of red loctite. Or you can use one of these...

http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=3850

Thks for the reply :-)

I will think about your options. Maybe I will put the adaptor from the 950R. Tried the aluminium pully last year and the rear belts dont like it!

Thks

Good racing!

Best regards

Luís Cortez
Old 02-25-2006, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Thks for the reply :-)

I will think about your options. Maybe I will put the adaptor from the 950R. Tried the aluminium pully last year and the rear belts dont like it!

Thks

Good racing!

Best regards

Luís Cortez
No problem.

I have been using the aluminum pulley on the 960 and stripping belts has not been a problem. I run the belts in the tight setting and they last a long time.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:15 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by M7H
Aha.... They looked to similar to be different bodies.......

Uhh, it looks like the body is a bit higher then the Protoform, if I look at the engine, or is the engine in a 960 mounted a lot lower then in a 950, or maybe they had 3mm ride height......
New LCG chassis The motor will then be 2 a 3 mm lower.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:30 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PMSorber
New LCG chassis The motor will then be 2 a 3 mm lower.
no Pieter , that's not all, the engine is more than 2-3 mm lower, but ok, it helps......
Old 02-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

i hope you understand all i wrote because i did that with google

first exit of the animal this afternoon then in spite of the cold (approximately 4 with 6°) the handling was very good out of tire 35Sh(MS tire)

the 1st full tank was done not like a catch in hand but rather in a normal way, as if I knew the car, and as if it had already run, and I thus quickly realized that the car slipped of the back, and was even vicious in certain fast parts of the track (great parabola and the "S" in end of straight line)

return to the stand I change the yellow rear springs (delivered with the car) to put the blue ones and there, magic ,the car is rivetted, I pass to the block the parabola without any movement of the car, the "S" is swallowed nickel, so that I was surprised with releasing gas a split second to pass this famous "S"
I made 4-5 full tank and the car worked nickel, I just had the kneecap of steering between the servo and save servo which was unscrewed and that was finished by a gliding flight with the top of the covers of protection, but nothing broken, it seems solid .
the set up is like in the manual( camber 2°rear, 1.5°front, front toe-out 1°, rear toe-in 2° ) but with rear blue springs , and the front rollbar like that /

I also point out that the last year I almost did not run and the last time I really run was May or June 2005 and it was on Mrx-3

I will make the difference between the 2 cars when I will find my marks at 100%, but for the moment I did not see of large difference between the mrx and the 960... maybe that the mugen has rear more stuck, but i'll see later with various adjustments
Old 02-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

i hope you understand all i wrote because i did that with google

first exit of the animal this afternoon then in spite of the cold (approximately 4 with 6°) the handling was very good out of tire 35Sh(MS tire)

the 1st full tank was done not like a catch in hand but rather in a normal way, as if I knew the car, and as if it had already run, and I thus quickly realized that the car slipped of the back, and was even vicious in certain fast parts of the track (great parabola and the "S" in end of straight line)

return to the stand I change the yellow rear springs (delivered with the car) to put the blue ones and there, magic ,the car is rivetted, I pass to the block the parabola without any movement of the car, the "S" is swallowed nickel, so that I was surprised with releasing gas a split second to pass this famous "S"
I made 4-5 full tank and the car worked nickel, I just had the kneecap of steering between the servo and save servo which was unscrewed and that was finished by a gliding flight with the top of the covers of protection, but nothing broken, it seems solid .
the set up is like in the manual( camber 2°rear, 1.5°front, front toe-out 1°, rear toe-in 2° ) but with rear blue springs , and the front rollbar like that /

I also point out that the last year I almost did not run and the last time I really run was May or June 2005 and it was on Mrx-3

I will make the difference between the 2 cars when I will find my marks at 100%, but for the moment I did not see of large difference between the mrx and the 960... maybe that the mugen has rear more stuck, but i'll see later with various adjustments
Sounds like your first time out with the car went ok??
Old 02-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default First time out A-main finish

Much earlier than expected I entered my first race with my 960 the past weekend. I think I finished 8-9th but I didn't check. I wasn't the first guy off the driver's stand though. The car performed well in the qualifiers but in the B-main I noticed some things I wanted to change on the clutch.

Unfortuneately, my biggest mistake was entering 2 classes (1/8th and 1/10th) which ended up meaning I couldn't concentrate on either car (my 1/10th is an MTX-4). My poor MTX-4 got smashed up during a practise run when a connector in my Skyline battery broke off. I then had 10 minutes to put it back together which meant I couldn't adjust the clutch on the 960, set an earlier 2-speed timing, or replace the cracked upper body support which I discovered just before putting the body on the car for the A.

Still, very satisfied with the results. The car had a total of 30 minutes of run time since being being built before entering the race. I made 3 adjustments (no side stiffeners, blue springs in the rear and red in the front, and moved the front upper arms inward). This is my first 1/8th A-main finish and car was easy to drive. Braking was very good. Although the car had little punch with the standard clutch settings, it had very good speed over a longer stretch and was able to out run most other competitors. Lost a dogbone though and the muffler Jeez, a JP 2031. Nice power/fuel combo but it got smacked pretty hard. To bad you can't fix it.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by going4#1
Much earlier than expected I entered my first race with my 960 the past weekend. I think I finished 8-9th but I didn't check. I wasn't the first guy off the driver's stand though. The car performed well in the qualifiers but in the B-main I noticed some things I wanted to change on the clutch.

Unfortuneately, my biggest mistake was entering 2 classes (1/8th and 1/10th) which ended up meaning I couldn't concentrate on either car (my 1/10th is an MTX-4). My poor MTX-4 got smashed up during a practise run when a connector in my Skyline battery broke off. I then had 10 minutes to put it back together which meant I couldn't adjust the clutch on the 960, set an earlier 2-speed timing, or replace the cracked upper body support which I discovered just before putting the body on the car for the A.

Still, very satisfied with the results. The car had a total of 30 minutes of run time since being being built before entering the race. I made 3 adjustments (no side stiffeners, blue springs in the rear and red in the front, and moved the front upper arms inward). This is my first 1/8th A-main finish and car was easy to drive. Braking was very good. Although the car had little punch with the standard clutch settings, it had very good speed over a longer stretch and was able to out run most other competitors. Lost a dogbone though and the muffler Jeez, a JP 2031. Nice power/fuel combo but it got smacked pretty hard. To bad you can't fix it.
Good job on your first time out. What gearing are you using in first gear? If you are using the stock pinion and spur,you can get some extra rip out the corner by using either a 15-49 or a 16-50.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.