Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 08:50 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

just wondering id anyone has a setup for the Colosseum in MD running Jaco Blues
Old 05-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Korey, looks like our track is switching over to Jaco blues (we're running Sorex 28 now) for 13.5 TC. Talk is that we're going to lose .2 sec. from the Sorex. What has been your experience ?
Any suggestions on setup changes ?
Carpet.
Thanks.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

On asphalt... The team has been working really hard to figure out the Jaco blues. Generally slowing weight transfer a bit... and creating more sidebite seems to be the ultimate goal when using jaco rubber tires.

The team has been trying a lot of things, and the best change I've done is run a little more camber than you would typically run with a Sorex, and soften up the suspension a little bit. I actually kept the same springs I have been running and just layed down the shocks a bit. It seems to just slow weight transfer a bit and with the added camber the car won't just ride on the outer sidewall. You'll probably have to maker a few more adjustments, but those are the 2 main ideas that have helped out.

We have also been playing with the Hara springs as well, as they tend to smooth out the car a ton and make it transfer weight slower. I think most of us have gone back to the linear pro 4 springs though.

If you are running on carpet... I actually thought the Jaco blues were pretty dialed. When the grip comes up they don't make your car feel so tippy.

-Korey
Old 05-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
On asphalt... The team has been working really hard to figure out the Jaco blues. Generally slowing weight transfer a bit... and creating more sidebite seems to be the ultimate goal when using jaco rubber tires.

The team has been trying a lot of things, and the best change I've done is run a little more camber than you would typically run with a Sorex, and soften up the suspension a little bit. I actually kept the same springs I have been running and just layed down the shocks a bit. It seems to just slow weight transfer a bit and with the added camber the car won't just ride on the outer sidewall. You'll probably have to maker a few more adjustments, but those are the 2 main ideas that have helped out.

We have also been playing with the Hara springs as well, as they tend to smooth out the car a ton and make it transfer weight slower. I think most of us have gone back to the linear pro 4 springs though.

If you are running on carpet... I actually thought the Jaco blues were pretty dialed. When the grip comes up they don't make your car feel so tippy.

-Korey
On carpet the Blues are great...On our high bite carpet track I run 60wt up front with golds and 45 in the rear with silvers (1.1 pistons). The car works very well...I have been experimenting with running my shocks more upright to force some of the weight to the tires and it seems to have a nice affect. Camber is about 2 all the way around, but there are others running more with the Blues.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Champion

Yea, on capret they seem pretty solid. My good buddy Weylin was commenting how they lasted for a long time as well. I'll still admit... I'm still a sorex fan.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I'll still admit... I'm still a sorex fan.
and i'm still a harbke fan.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RaceAce701
just wondering id anyone has a setup for the Colosseum in MD running Jaco Blues
Alex, you going to the Nats this year?
Old 05-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by seaball
and i'm still a harbke fan.
I'm still a Seaball fan.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
Alex, you going to the Nats this year?
im gunn try my dardnest since i missed the carpet nats cuz i was still in schools i shud b abe 2 get those days off of work
Old 05-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

How much difference is there between the worlds car and the tc? The last cyclone I had was a surikarn 2 years ago. I had to sell it to raise money when I bought my house.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Snapped another tub chassis'This makes 3-in two weeksas before nothing was hit hard just went over a corner dot.Again it is the exact same spot _buy the rear pulley slot.I have a 9yr old losi xxx-s that has never broken anything besides 1 c-hub(my fault).I am not a novice driver and I went the sport route because I cant fork out the money right now for tc.Love the car but what the heck is going on--anyone else?? by the way it only had a 17.5 in it, so it wasn't overpowered.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GasGod
Snapped another tub chassis'This makes 3-in two weeksas before nothing was hit hard just went over a corner dot.Again it is the exact same spot _buy the rear pulley slot.I am not a novice driver and I went the sport route because I cant fork out the money right now for tc.Love the car but what the heck is going on--anyone else??
Bummer dude,i've flown over many corner dots,t-boned,rear ended and every wheel smacked into by other drivers.At times in the heats there are way to many drivers but so far knock on wood nothing has broke on my cyclone s.One time i smacked head on full speed into a huge stone that holds parts of the track together,i was just trying to pass on the outside and wham! came to a complete stop,totaled the front of my body but nothing broke,pure luck i've been having.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillyCaldwell
How much difference is there between the worlds car and the tc? The last cyclone I had was a surikarn 2 years ago. I had to sell it to raise money when I bought my house.
the TC has all the latest updates, frp flexy plate, pro spec diff, new chassis, top deck, new sway bar design, oneway/spool, new towers, no battery tray design, reversible arms, etc.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I think I can live with the worlds car and just put the pro spec diffs in it. I mainly run offroad right now, but wouldnt mind the option to run some tc every now and then.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It has happened to my friends cyclone s as well same spot-I dremmeled off the rear to the pivot holder on the replacement and it still broke in the same spot.these are all new kits less than 3 wks old-Have they changed materials??I am now told by the shop that chassis are back ordered-anyone make a fiberglass version?can't seem to find an aftermarket graphite one in stock anywhere either.I think HB makes one but it's like 70 bucks and no standoffs-May have to go into business

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.