Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cosmo1974
Is there any advantage in running an aluminium rear hub carrier (such as the 3R-CY-23-PU) over the kit hub carrier (ignoring the bling factor)?

Thanks in advance

Besides looking great they also ensure that the ball studs don't strip out. They are obviously stronger, but also a little heavier.

You can also get the rear hubs with 0* or 1* toe as an option.
http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/products/en/67696.html
Old 07-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

hi i have a moore speed cyclone , is there a big difference in running the moore bulk heads and shock towers over the tc ones , dont realy want to lay out alot of money if there isnt .....

thanks
Old 07-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mwoods
hi i have a moore speed cyclone , is there a big difference in running the moore bulk heads and shock towers over the tc ones , dont realy want to lay out alot of money if there isnt .....

thanks
Save your $$$ and just keep the stuff you have. The main bulkheads are the same as the TC bulkheads. The TC bulkheads just don't have the rounded edges. The upper bulkheads on the Tc are a little stronger, but they have fewer camber link position options. The TC bulkheads also require you to run lowered shock towers to maintain the same geometry as they are a little taller.

Hope that helps!

-Korey
Old 07-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Better watch what you say about those tire's. I don't want you receiving the same pm's I got after the Reedy The Speedworld cup was the bomb bro. The tire's that were actually picked for the Reedy worked awesome. If people were happy with the other brand.....they would have loved these. Price was $7 cheaper and they can be used for normal club racing after the event. But don't listen to me since it was stated that I sabotage races by speaking the truth
dude... you got a PM.. get back at me asap.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomracing
actually you are misreading a few items on the setup sheet.

but actually i like his titc setup better as a starting point
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/hotb...TC20090222.pdf
except for the ackerman and shock oil

and finally you have to remember the rear block controls the rear toe-angle which i think will be a governing effect over arm sweep.
(1) I've had a look at the Hara setup for TITC (@ RCS) and compared to RROC (@ Speedworld).

(2) Is it fair to say (at least relatively):
-- Speedworld is lo-med grip ?
-- RCS is med-hi grip ?

I'm guessing thats the main factor for the setup differences.

(3) Anyone have some other opinion for the differences ?
I'm interested in your thoughts (I know nothing first hand about the tracks).

Cheers
Old 07-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

(1) I've had a look at the Hara setup for TITC (@ RCS) and compared to RROC (@ Speedworld).

-- RCS is med-hi grip ?

(3) Anyone have some other opinion for the differences ?
I'm interested in your thoughts (I know nothing first hand about the tracks).

Cheers
Hi Cosmo1974, I've never been in RCS but Speedworld, I would say is Med-Hi grip.

P.S. At Reedy Race 2008, all the invitational driver was not allowed to use any traction compound for the race.

Hope this info. help.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

Speedworld's grip was pretty high. But Hara's setup reflects that he didnt use any traction compound on his tires. They weren't even allowed tire warmers. They had their tires bolted on right at the tech table, and they went out on the track.

RCS, I have never been there. But it is in Thailand... And a lot of the changes I see on Hara's car are to tone it down so he doesn't overheat the tires. That's why he's running such thick shock oil, and the shocks are layed way down, and other changes. His TITC setup is better suited for a high grip track, in extremely hot weather, with a pretty flowing layout.

-Korey
Old 07-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
dude... you got a PM.. get back at me asap.
YGM
Old 07-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Save your $$$ and just keep the stuff you have. The main bulkheads are the same as the TC bulkheads. The TC bulkheads just don't have the rounded edges. The upper bulkheads on the Tc are a little stronger, but they have fewer camber link position options. The TC bulkheads also require you to run lowered shock towers to maintain the same geometry as they are a little taller.

Hope that helps!

-Korey
yeah that does.. i thought the hole on the tc bulk heads were 3 mm lower , well thats wat i heard

thanks
Old 07-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i drift a cyclone WCE, i want to use a open diff in front end to save my cvd's and decrease understeer, however, when i use one in the front, it always unscrews itself and becomes loose so all the power goes to just one wheel and the other stays still, is there any way i can fix this?
Old 07-28-2009, 12:19 AM
Tech Adept

a lot of the changes I see on Hara's car are to tone it down so he doesn't overheat the tires. That's why he's running such thick shock oil, and the shocks are layed way down,
can I just ask about this comment as i think that the wheel rate controls the load on the tire but shock oil thickness helps to control the amount of roll the body makes and how the tires moves over bumps. the very thick oil used in thailand is for the heat in silicone oil degrading it's viscosity.

i thought the hole on the tc bulk heads were 3 mm lower , well thats wat i heard
the TC carbon shocktowers are 2mm lower and the TC alu bulkheads are 2mm taller to keep the shock position the same as the WCE version.

Originally Posted by Joshy T
i drift a cyclone WCE, i want to use a open diff in front end to save my cvd's and decrease understeer, however, when i use one in the front, it always unscrews itself and becomes loose so all the power goes to just one wheel and the other stays still, is there any way i can fix this?
Today 07:13 AM
a drop of threadlock in the black diff nut normally keeps it tight
though i am not sure what you mean by "open" diff.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

-- RCS is med-hi grip ?

Cheers
Speedworld's grip was pretty high. But Hara's setup reflects that he didnt use any traction compound on his tires. They weren't even allowed tire warmers.
His TITC setup is better suited for a high grip track, in extremely hot weather, with a pretty flowing layout.

-Korey
(1) So I think what your saying fits in with my assumptions but for a slightly different reason at Speedworld.

(2) Therefore,
-- lo-med grip track > start with RROC at Speedworld setup
-- med-hi grip track > start with TITC at RCS setup

(3) I'm using a modified RROC setup, on a lo-med grip track, and it works well.

(4) I'll also be running on a med-hi grip outdoor asphalt track (emphasis on hi grip initially) in a month or so. I have a "spare parts" TC which is now going to become my "TC #2" car. I'll be able to keep one car for each track (I think I have enough spares to go around). So, if I start with TITC at RCS setup, what changes should I make given that:
-- Winter = 13-20 degrees C
-- Summer = 30-40 degrees C
-- Other Seasons = 20-30 degrees C

Note: I have ordered some Trinity Tire Tweak, and some Paragon FXII tire traction compounds (have not used either before). I already have some Muchmore tire warmers. I'm running Sorex 32R tires + B medium inserts, on Speedmind rims (which I will have to live with, as I have quite a few sets).

(5) Oh, and what 10.5T Brushless motor do you recommend
-- I need to get another one (currently own Tekin 10.5 Redline)
-- I like the Tekin 10.5 Redline, but am not so keen on the LRP X11 Stock Spec 10.5 (purely based on forum readings).

Thanks in advance
Old 07-28-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tomracing
can I just ask about this comment as i think that the wheel rate controls the load on the tire but shock oil thickness helps to control the amount of roll the body makes and how the tires moves over bumps. the very thick oil used in thailand is for the heat in silicone oil degrading it's viscosity.

the TC carbon shocktowers are 2mm lower and the TC alu bulkheads are 2mm taller to keep the shock position the same as the WCE version.

a drop of threadlock in the black diff nut normally keeps it tight
though i am not sure what you mean by "open" diff.
That's some of it, but if you are using good shock oil it should never really be an issue. The thicker oil slows the reaction of the car, and doesn't put huge, sudden loads on the tires due to really fast weight transfer. Smoother weight transfer will generally help keep the tires cooler. In modified, thats one of the most important things to consider. Once the tires are overheated, the car becomes extremely hard to drive.

-Korey
Old 07-28-2009, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

yeah that does.. i thought the hole on the tc bulk heads were 3 mm lower , well thats wat i heard

thanks
Thats actually the upper bulkheads, or the "shock tower mounts" is what I call them. They are 2mm taller due to the extra reinforcement. Thats why the cyclone TC comes with the lowered shock towers that are an option for the WCE edition to maintain the same overall geometry for shock positions. Camber link positions haven't changed any vertically, but they do have fewer holes for tuning options on the TC upper bulkheads. HB has just found that the 2 longest camber link positions are all most people need.

-Korey
Old 07-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

(1) So I think what your saying fits in with my assumptions but for a slightly different reason at Speedworld.

(2) Therefore,
-- lo-med grip track > start with RROC at Speedworld setup
-- med-hi grip track > start with TITC at RCS setup

(3) I'm using a modified RROC setup, on a lo-med grip track, and it works well.

(4) I'll also be running on a med-hi grip outdoor asphalt track (emphasis on hi grip initially) in a month or so. I have a "spare parts" TC which is now going to become my "TC #2" car. I'll be able to keep one car for each track (I think I have enough spares to go around). So, if I start with TITC at RCS setup, what changes should I make given that:
-- Winter = 13-20 degrees C
-- Summer = 30-40 degrees C
-- Other Seasons = 20-30 degrees C

Note: I have ordered some Trinity Tire Tweak, and some Paragon FXII tire traction compounds (have not used either before). I already have some Muchmore tire warmers. I'm running Sorex 32R tires + B medium inserts, on Speedmind rims (which I will have to live with, as I have quite a few sets).

(5) Oh, and what 10.5T Brushless motor do you recommend
-- I need to get another one (currently own Tekin 10.5 Redline)
-- I like the Tekin 10.5 Redline, but am not so keen on the LRP X11 Stock Spec 10.5 (purely based on forum readings).

Thanks in advance
That's a pretty sound judgment. For different temperatures, I usually keep the same general setup. I only change shock oil and tires to work with the setup. Usually thinner shock oil for colder conditions, and thicker for warmer. I've been starting with Losi 50wt for the most part now, then working from there. I've always been a fan of the Novak 10.5 because it has a ton of bottom end grunt, but the rotors seem to go bad fast. The Trinity Duo 10.5 is VERY fast, just a little more RPM based. It's great if you nail the gearing on it, and the rotors are awesome too.

-Korey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.