Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ditto....its the way alot of the Team guys are running in thier setups.Works very well.
Originally Posted by King of B Main
It worked for me and I looked at all the team drivers cars here in SoCal and they are running it that way..
Old 05-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by racenut123
Ditto....its the way alot of the Team guys are running in thier setups.Works very well.
You can still sign up for the Reedy and join some guys in the invite class
Old 05-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

LOL! fook that! I think ABR and Mini should be considering that since they are on such a roll as of late.I am just a washed up backmarker.
Originally Posted by STLNLST
You can still sign up for the Reedy and join some guys in the invite class
Old 05-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would think that set-up adding 2mm to the wheelbase would make the car less aggressive and transfer its weight front to back a tad slower which is great for a larger sweeping track and keeping smoother but for short track with lots of hairpin turns 2mm shorter wheelbase should be better as it should be quicker on turn-in and get its weight transfer to the back end faster also.In theory it would be anyways.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Champion

LOL! fook that! I think ABR and Mini should be considering that since they are on such a roll as of late.I am just a washed up backmarker.
Everyone should be thankful that the reedy isn't this weekend. It's showing a high of 101 The jaco's in mod at those temps would be hurting no matter if you're Hara or not
Old 05-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by airwoods
I would think that set-up adding 2mm to the wheelbase would make the car less aggressive and transfer its weight front to back a tad slower which is great for a larger sweeping track and keeping smoother but for short track with lots of hairpin turns 2mm shorter wheelbase should be better as it should be quicker on turn-in and get its weight transfer to the back end faster also.In theory it would be anyways.
We are running on a short track with alot of hairpin turns. All were trying to say is try it . If it helps great.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:36 PM
Tech Adept

We are running on a short track with alot of hairpin turns. All were trying to say is try it . If it helps great.
Did you ever compare the difference on the wheel base changed between either arms or hubs?
Old 05-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EJ20
Did you ever compare the difference on the wheel base changed between either arms or hubs?
No, I have only been running the HB car for 3 months. I was given 3 setups sheets one from Hiro,another from Sean W., and Scott B gave me Hara's. All three setups are very close and they all work very well.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

And as you noticed the rear of the car on most setups{possibly the ones you have too} have the same rear arm/hub spacing.Not much more then a mm either way difference.I have run the hubs/arms Short front and rear and it actually did the opposite of what I thought.It made the car push mid corner from my findings.Hey George,when are you,Johnny,Joseph and Bob gonna start racing at Norcal again?You guys are gonna be so far behind by the time you start racing locally again,that you guys will never get on the same pace Josephs on!
No, I have only been running the HB car for 3 months. I was given 3 setups sheets one from Hiro,another from Sean W., and Scott B gave me Hara's. All three setups are very close and they all work very well.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:19 AM
Tech Adept

And as you noticed the rear of the car on most setups{possibly the ones you have too} have the same rear arm/hub spacing.Not much more then a mm either way difference.I have run the hubs/arms Short front and rear and it actually did the opposite of what I thought.It made the car push mid corner from my findings.Hey George,when are you,Johnny,Joseph and Bob gonna start racing at Norcal again?You guys are gonna be so far behind by the time you start racing locally again,that you guys will never get on the same pace Josephs on!
Yeap! Since I tried not to take people out at the corner like someone you mention to get the pace on!

And you are right, when I moved the rear hub forward, feel little push. IMO
Old 05-14-2009, 04:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeap! Since I tried not to take people out at the corner like someone you mention to get the pace on!

And you are right, when I moved the rear hub forward, feel little push. IMO
Well along with lengthening the wheel base you are changing the weight balance!! with more forward weight the rear takes less time to settle in which also makes for better reactivity!! i like to shorten the front and lengthen the rear so that way i create a better bias for the weight.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

I'm certainly gonna try it if the pro's are running that way.I'm only running the s model and only have that adjustment for the rear of the car.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Default Middle One Way Pulley

Hi guys,

The car i bought came with central 18T pulley on one-way format.

I have good experience on nitro offroad but im pretty newbie in onroad electrics.

I tested the car at the track and it was nice feeling and the car is VERY agressive on turning specially off-throttle.

Now, what changes in performance i will find between same setup but using normal central 18t pulley v/s one way 18t pulley ?

BTW, this is for 13.5 brushless 6 cells nimh and rubber tires on outdoor asphalt racing.

thanks,

Last edited by Tabushi; 05-14-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

When you change the wheel base by the arm spacing, you will also have different weight transfer characteristic as well. When you shorten the wheel base by the front arm spacing, the car wants to transfer the weight to the front easier. (should create more initial steering) You will also need to make ackerman adjustment when you move front arms as it affect the ackerman.

For the wheel base change by the rear hubs, this will also affect the drive shafts sweep angle. When you move the rear hubs toward to the front, you will have more drive shaft sweep angle that will generate more forward bite. (I would say it’s very similar to rear anti-squad characteristic) I think that shorten the wheel base for better rotation is good try, however sometimes you might have the car more pushing as the case may be.

I hope it helps a bit.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Hiro.Very concise and informative.The drive shaft sweep thing makes sense.Its the same in offroad too!
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
When you change the wheel base by the arm spacing, you will also have different weight transfer characteristic as well. When you shorten the wheel base by the front arm spacing, the car wants to transfer the weight to the front easier. (should create more initial steering) You will also need to make ackerman adjustment when you move front arms as it affect the ackerman.

For the wheel base change by the rear hubs, this will also affect the drive shafts sweep angle. When you move the rear hubs toward to the front, you will have more drive shaft sweep angle that will generate more forward bite. (I would say it’s very similar to rear anti-squad characteristic) I think that shorten the wheel base for better rotation is good try, however sometimes you might have the car more pushing as the case may be.

I hope it helps a bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.