Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
so far how do you like that nanotech? mine is in switzerland right now on it's way.
The new nanotechs are BAD AZZ!!! Ridiculously light for a 6000mah at 320 grams with plug. And a very small footprint.

By far the most punch of any battery I've tried..that includes thunderpower, max cramps, SMC, Orion, and probably a few others I'm forgetting.

However, I do find that along with higher motor temps, that I am indeed unloading more MAH per minute. I'm getting a little nervous about making 10 minutes now. I'll know more when I'm back on a "regular" sized track this weekend. Hard to correlate a 40 second a lap track to a 25-30 second track as far as mah usage.

These are the ones I'm using now:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17265
Old 08-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
im debating on getting one myself now just to see. One thing i would like to see before i spend 140 on that chassis. can you post pics of the side guards to see how much they hang out since the chassis is flat on the sides? wanna know if i can live with it or not
the sideguards do not hang out at all. you just have to heat it up and bend them.. looks stock..

here is update on chassis, i went with 5 hole piston and 27.5 on shock oil and handles like a dream.. jumps great, turns better and is super responsive now.. have no regrets getting this chassis, ran my fastast lap with it at the track after these changes.. can't wait for some free time to play with it some more..

Old 08-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
The new nanotechs are BAD AZZ!!! Ridiculously light for a 6000mah at 320 grams with plug. And a very small footprint.

By far the most punch of any battery I've tried..that includes thunderpower, max cramps, SMC, Orion, and probably a few others I'm forgetting.

However, I do find that along with higher motor temps, that I am indeed unloading more MAH per minute. I'm getting a little nervous about making 10 minutes now. I'll know more when I'm back on a "regular" sized track this weekend. Hard to correlate a 40 second a lap track to a 25-30 second track as far as mah usage.

These are the ones I'm using now:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17265
yup. that's the one i have on the way. almost regretting only ordering one, but i wanted to see how it did first. how is the capacity? is it over or under the rated 6000?
Old 08-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yup. that's the one i have on the way. almost regretting only ordering one, but i wanted to see how it did first. how is the capacity? is it over or under the rated 6000?
Over 6000mah. I put ~6200mah back into them after hitting lvc.

I only bought 4 of them. I have a brand new SMC 6000mah 60C that I'll trade for another
Old 08-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I purchased the latest/newest batch of this truck. Just opened up my Diffs, No sign of wear on the Diff pins or gears. 16 packs ran through it. So far so good.
Didnt change to oils, going to keep the grease in there for a bit. The new rear bumper is also holding up pretty well. Overall I'm impressed on the improvements they made over the 1st batch.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I purchased the latest/newest batch of this truck. Just opened up my Diffs, No sign of wear on the Diff pins or gears. 16 packs ran through it. So far so good.
Didnt change to oils, going to keep the grease in there for a bit. The new rear bumper is also holding up pretty well. Overall I'm impressed on the improvements they made over the 1st batch.
Good news!! Thanks for the update!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Good news!! Thanks for the update!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:11 AM
Tech Initiate

What kind of luck have people had with the novak systems? For a while novaks were getting hot and hitting the thermal protection pretty easy(this was quite a few years back been running castle for a while). Are there systems better now? And if so what system are you running? I see they have a mike truhe edition now also.

Thanks in advance
Old 08-11-2011, 03:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I just ordered mine from A main last friday when they came back in stock, im asuming this will be the latest batch as well.

are the diff screws still soft or did they fix those as well?
Old 08-11-2011, 03:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hacker or Casper, what is the update on the middle driveshafts? As far as having a screw pin hold them together.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E-Eddy
Who all here gets at least 10 min on relatively big tracks? What electronics do you guys use? I'm still having a hard time on what electronics to get without breaking the bank. I was wanting to try the MMM w/ the 1410 since I already have the esc. But Ive heard around that ROAR made the 4 pole motors illegal in 4x4 SCT. HELLLPPP PLZ

Eddy
I've run 10 minutes on a large 1/8th scale supercross style track with a MMP, 1410, 15 tooth and some OLD Fantom 5300 50c packs.... Came off cool enough that I didn't even bother to temp. I have low timing (10 degrees) in the MMP and it was 90 - 95 degrees outside. I put 4700 back in to the pack so there was a bit of cushion.

Keep in mind that this was NOT a 100% full throttle all the time track - but the truck was very hooked up.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Idiot who wasn't around when the sensorless motor/poor people debate was going on and doesn't get the joke award goes to...

Yeah I must have been elsewhere when that debate was happening. Was that on a saturday? I must have been racing, not arguing on an internet forum.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 218 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Guys be careful about talking about how the tenshock has heat issues.. you will get lots of crap in here. LOL It by default, according to many, is better than the 1410 ;P At 95' id suggest a fan on any of these motors, even my 1410 geared 15t was around 190 w/o a fan on it. When ambiant drops to 85 I don't have any issues, but at this point for the rest of the summer I plan on just keeping the fan on the motor.

I've had great luck w/ my orion 6500, costly though.. I know the local guys here also run CRC 5800 and 6200 packs w/o any puffing as well and they are under 100ea last I checked.
i dont think mine has heat problems at all. i have the 1410 motor too and geared 13/40 and a heat sink and it was coming off at 180+ after 5 mins. so im happy with 150 out of my tenshock

ridley,
my truck is about 6lbs too and i just seams to be toped out. would my curent limiter do that i think mine is at 80% might be lower then that i dont remember (rx8) do you have timing or anything.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
The new nanotechs are BAD AZZ!!! Ridiculously light for a 6000mah at 320 grams with plug. And a very small footprint. By far the most punch of any battery I've tried..that includes thunderpower, max cramps, SMC, Orion, and probably a few others I'm forgetting.
The orion 6500 packs are like 285 with a hard shell.. for weight and for power they are the top, the next best pack are the CRC packs.. those are just as powerful but weight just a touch more depending which you get, both weigh less than 320. Even the iP 60c 6200 packs are only 300 grams, so 320 is far from light weight.

Originally Posted by racerx1920
i dont think mine has heat problems at all. i have the 1410 motor too and geared 13/40 and a heat sink and it was coming off at 180+ after 5 mins. so im happy with 150 out of my tenshock

ridley,
my truck is about 6lbs too and i just seams to be toped out. would my curent limiter do that i think mine is at 80% might be lower then that i dont remember (rx8) do you have timing or anything.
Pretty odd results.. with a 14t I couldn't get my 1410 over 160's after 10min even that week it was ~100 here. 15t was, as I said, harder to keep happy w the 95+ temps but that was with out a fan. With the fan on, I had no issues at all. Could just be the difference of our driving styles and throttle fingers though. I'm just under 6.2 on the track. This is also with a mmp and no current limiting.

Tonight will be my frist time using an rx8 and I will play around w/ the current limiting. I have a theory I want to play with today during warm ups.. I'm thinking if I run a 16t pinion w/ a limited current to keep temps in check I will get better results on our large jumps. As of late my truck wants to endo constantly on the bigger jumps, I've cleaned and checked everything and can't figure it out. This esc and gearing will be my second change though.. my first change was simply going back to the stock chassis vs the bce chassis; my endo issue seemed to time out when I started running the bce chassis; at the time I assumed it was just parts wearing out and I did find some bent pins etc. After 4 weeks w/ the bce chassis I have bent 4 rear hinge pins, I never bent any w/ the stock chassis (all rear). I can only assume the larger gap btw the chassis and the front rear hinge pin holder on my particular chassis has contributed to this issue. Again I won't know anything until tonight as it could all have been coincidence, if the endo madness continues though I may just go crazy. Last week was the first time I lost to anyone in the 4x4 sct class other than our local pro and billy fischer that wasn't due to a dnf. Granted it was because I couldn't take any of the jumps without doing a endo and crashing but that's part of the race :P

Last edited by 8ight-e; 08-11-2011 at 06:35 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timbulb
Yeah I must have been elsewhere when that debate was happening. Was that on a saturday? I must have been racing, not arguing on an internet forum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.