Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
My only beef with the TLR chassis is how they left the useless spur gear and flywheel holes in the chassis I haven't seen many nitro powered SCTE's so why cater to the .0001% while making an inferior product for the masses? Well, maybe not inferior, but why leave the holes there to create drag and let dirt in when you don't need to and keep that "conversion" look going instead of a nice flat streamlined design?

I personally think the BCE chassis is the better designed piece. I like the hard anodizing on the losi chassis, but that will start looking shabby after the first race or two, and the unneeded holes will always make it look like the bastard child of a Nitro.

The BCE chassis also, at this point, is a proven performance enhancer while the Losi chassis is still a big ?
i agree. i don't know why they would leave that there (nitro holes). honestly i don't know why it's there on the regular chassis. how hard is it to get rid of it when you change the mold to make it longer anyway?

i didn't realize TLR was going to do that. BCE for me...
Old 07-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Why didn't anyone say anything when Hacker/Ryan specifically made a post on here to ask what changes we'd want to see to the chassis?

I asked about pre-tapped holes for droop screws and he said they'd be in the chassis. Note that the holes don't show in the referenced pictures, so I would think the picture is not the production chassis.

Reach out to Hacker and send him your suggestion to remove those holes, or... hopefully he'll read these messages and it isn't too late.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
Why didn't anyone say anything when Hacker/Ryan specifically made a post on here to ask what changes we'd want to see to the chassis?

I asked about pre-tapped holes for droop screws and he said they'd be in the chassis. Note that the holes don't show in the referenced pictures, so I would think the picture is not the production chassis.

Reach out to Hacker and send him your suggestion to remove those holes, or... hopefully he'll read these messages and it isn't too late.
I believe that was mentioned when the truck was first released, and when the pics of the TLR chassis were released. I think you should go back and read all 1030 pages of this thread to be certain though
Old 07-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Anyone in socal know any shops that has this truck instock?
Old 07-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

I believe that was mentioned when the truck was first released, and when the pics of the TLR chassis were released. I think you should go back and read all 1030 pages of this thread to be certain though
Touche!

But HECK NO. Guess what they replaced water boarding with? That's right. All those people now have to read every post in this message thread. And now I hear the prisoners are calling to bring the water boarding back.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hacker07
Also, the chassis was announced as well...there will be one change in that we are pocketing under the spur so you can mount the diff and motor lower if you want.

http://www.tlracing.com/Search/Defau...=LatestRelease
Repeated for what it's worth. Although I don't know if pocketing means the hole with a plastic recessed filler (I would think this is the case), or if the chassis is milled differently..
Old 07-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
Anyone in socal know any shops that has this truck instock?
I think Tony's Hobbies had one. I saw one there last week when I was there so you might want to give them a call
Old 07-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

It is far too narrow minded to thing there will not be a nitro SCT. Not saying it is coming but also would not say it is out of the realm of possibility. A single common chassis is not a bad idea if that is the case.

A nitro SCT would be sick for those that like that type of thing!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wcrase101
ok I tried looking all over for information on the sway bars for this truck, I can tell the smaller ones are the lighter ones, but the rear black or silver ones I'm not sure which is the lighter one of the two,they both look the same size to me,, can anyone help me with this? please and thank you.

also are the silver ones in the kit the same as what already came with the truck?
Old 07-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
It is far too narrow minded to thing there will not be a nitro SCT. Not saying it is coming but also would not say it is out of the realm of possibility. A single common chassis is not a bad idea if that is the case.

That would be called 8th scale

No offense, but I think a nitro SCTE, SCTN, or whatever, would be a complete flop. If Nitro SCT was going to catch on, the SC8 would have flown off the shelves as it was a great truck for outdoor tracks.....but it's dead in the water. Furthermore, there's already PLENTY of SCT classes at the track, and bashers have been ditching nitro and going brushless en mass. Either way, it's still catering to the few in spite of the majority.....how hard can it be to remove those holes from the punch out press and just have two "proper" parts for the respective vehicles?
Old 07-26-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
i agree. i don't know why they would leave that there (nitro holes). honestly i don't know why it's there on the regular chassis. how hard is it to get rid of it when you change the mold to make it longer anyway?

i didn't realize TLR was going to do that. BCE for me...
I believe they left it there for more parts compatability for the three platforms ( TEn, 810, and SCTE).. so its easier to find said parts when your looking for it. So the TLR chassis may be made for all three said platforms to use.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

That would be called 8th scale

No offense, but I think a nitro SCTE, SCTN, or whatever, would be a complete flop. If Nitro SCT was going to catch on, the SC8 would have flown off the shelves as it was a great truck for outdoor tracks.....but it's dead in the water. Furthermore, there's already PLENTY of SCT classes at the track, and bashers have been ditching nitro and going brushless en mass. Either way, it's still catering to the few in spite of the majority.....how hard can it be to remove those holes from the punch out press and just have two "proper" parts for the respective vehicles?
naw, it's ok. if losi wants to cater to the 6 people that want to convert it to nitro, that's fine by me. i'll spend my money with BCE...
Old 07-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'd rather better diffs than an option chassis.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper

I want to make one
Old 07-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
I'd rather better diffs than an option chassis.
my old ten-t diffs with chris pins (and other APE goodies) have been solid (aside from leaking), so for me.....give me the chassis.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.