Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 01:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omenwolf
Well my way I preheat oven to 450 when the oven hits temp put tires on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven. Then turn the oven off, after about 15 min take tires out and pull them off the rim. The glue turns brown and flakes off the rim and tires. Boiling and baking DO NOT WORK with new closed cell foams they will shrink. Super soft tires you have to be careful not to rip the tire and take them out sooner.
Man ..Better put sum Salmon in there if your gonna be Baking..
Old 11-18-2011, 05:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I somehow lost the bushing in the front steering link. Would anyone know a part number or something equivalent I might be able to use here.

Looking up the part number LOSB2279 comes with a bunch of stuff I really don't need and seems to be back ordered?
Old 11-18-2011, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Today will be the maiden voyage! In its previous config it weighed 4.94lbs w/no body or tires and it is noticeably lighter with the X-SCTE chassis...going to get it on a scale once I get to work.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by omenwolf
been doing it for years and years and years It works great BUT dont do it if you have closed cell foams. I like the acetone way too though i never seem to have any when i need tires off the rims, and the oven is free.
Originally Posted by DBL15
pre heat oven to 350deg F

while over is pre heating wrap all tyres and wheels in Alum foil nice and tight

once over is at temp put tray of tyres in and turn oven off

20 to 25 minutes later open over and take tray out side and unwrap the foil

caution very hot wheels and tyres but the tyres just push straight off the rim

use a hobby knife to remove the glue unlike the above picture

simple and easy foams dont really survive though but everything else is reusable

Baking/Boiling IS Imo not a wise idea to remove tires for the sheer fact that your left with Crusty Chunks of glue all over the tire. Acetone actually dissolves ALL the glue and is basically a New Clean tire again, Secondly you can save Any and ALL foams with the Acetone method. Also As stated a lot of the newer gen foams Will shrink/deform with heat so again Baking is the last thing you'll want to do if your trying to save the Foams as well. Downside to baking IMO is that it Rarely works as good as Acetone, Most of the time your dealing with a real Good Bond in some places and your left Knifing the rest of the tire off leaving Chunks of rubber behind again.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D.a.v.e
I somehow lost the bushing in the front steering link. Would anyone know a part number or something equivalent I might be able to use here.

Looking up the part number LOSB2279 comes with a bunch of stuff I really don't need and seems to be back ordered?
A buddy almost lost his this weekend too, luckily it was in his chassis. I don't understand how these back out though, it's threaded into plastic. I checked mine after it happened to him and both were tight. Now I'm gonna be obsessive and check it more often.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Baking/Boiling IS Imo not a wise idea to remove tires for the sheer fact that your left with Crusty Chunks of glue all over the tire. Acetone actually dissolves ALL the glue and is basically a New Clean tire again, Secondly you can save Any and ALL foams with the Acetone method. Also As stated a lot of the newer gen foams Will shrink/deform with heat so again Baking is the last thing you'll want to do if your trying to save the Foams as well. Downside to baking IMO is that it Rarely works as good as Acetone, Most of the time your dealing with a real Good Bond in some places and your left Knifing the rest of the tire off leaving Chunks of rubber behind again.
agreed! acetone IS the best way to remove tires.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:41 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by scoobie1

Today will be the maiden voyage! In its previous config it weighed 4.94lbs w/no body or tires and it is noticeably lighter with the X-SCTE chassis...going to get it on a scale once I get to work.

wowzers, Any more details for us ?
Old 11-18-2011, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Asharus
A buddy almost lost his this weekend too, luckily it was in his chassis. I don't understand how these back out though, it's threaded into plastic. I checked mine after it happened to him and both were tight. Now I'm gonna be obsessive and check it more often.
Lost mine when I had the linkage apart to tighten the servo saver. Was just looking at some new front arms and it looks like they come with a bushing that looks simular (in the picture). Anyone know if they will work in the steering?

http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...ion-Arm/Detail
Old 11-18-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D.a.v.e
Lost mine when I had the linkage apart to tighten the servo saver. Was just looking at some new front arms and it looks like they come with a bushing that looks simular (in the picture). Anyone know if they will work in the steering?

http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...ion-Arm/Detail
If you are referring to the bushing in the ackerman arm, those come with the ackerman arm pack. And you had the correct part number LOSB2279
Old 11-18-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Uh, I will take that old TLR chassis in the background there, you know, if you're all done with it.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:13 AM
dtr
Tech Master

It looks nice, but I wonder that those battery holders have very small contact area, they might break the battery case in a crash.
Also how long is the part of the front end that we cannot see in the pix?
Old 11-18-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone have any tips for getting to the servo saver to tighten it? Looks like the whole steering assembly needs to be removed to get to it. Should have done this last time I had it torn down. Well at least I need to tear down the front to change the diff fluid anyway...
Old 11-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

it's pretty easy to get to, just remove the front end by removing the 4 diff screws and a couple of screws for the front brace and steering posts, the whole front end comes out.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Integra
wowzers, Any more details for us ?
In its previous config., with the TLR chassis it weighed 4.94 lbs w/no body or tires. With the Xtreme chassis, its 4.83 lbs w/no body, tires. Im going to get it on the track @ Outback Raceway today and will be racing it Saturday. This is just a test mule, so Im going to wait to pass judgment until Ive put some time on it. Its going to be a busy weekend
Old 11-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dtr
It looks nice, but I wonder that those battery holders have very small contact area, they might break the battery case in a crash.
Also how long is the part of the front end that we cannot see in the pix?
They feel rock solid on the bench.

Not sure if this is what your after, but I did get a pic of the kickup plate/chassis joint

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.