Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 11:52 AM
  #16981  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (146)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,355
Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lowroad
well, if it's a blank check type of deal, probably Tekin RX8, new soon-to-be-released tekin Pro4 motor, and those ritzy orion 90 c bats. Might as well throw a BCE or TLR chassis in there too, and either losi or SNR carbon towers.
fixed it for ya
RC*PHREAK is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 11:56 AM
  #16982  
Tech Adept
 
cavg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 154
Default

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
OK, move the motor away from the spur. Does it go away then? My guess is that there is a bad bearing or more likely there is something in one of the teeth in the spur. Maybe it wasn't formed cleanly.

Upon closer inspection, i can see that some of the teeth on the spur has been damaged. In total there is 6 of them in a row that are damaged in varying degree.

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/dsc03082f.jpg/

Any danger in running like this other than the spur gear getting worse?
cavg is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 11:56 AM
  #16983  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (79)
 
lowroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
fixed it for ya
oops, yeah thank you. TOWERS. Don't know why I had "arms" on the brain.
lowroad is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 11:58 AM
  #16984  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (79)
 
lowroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cavg
Upon closer inspection, i can see that some of the teeth on the spur has been damaged. In total there is 6 of them in a row that are damaged in varying degree.

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/dsc03082f.jpg/

Any danger in running like this other than the spur gear getting worse?
well, if your spur strips out and lets go while running, that will leave the motor free to spin the high reving bejezus out of itself. That can't be good.
lowroad is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 01:41 PM
  #16985  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (128)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Aloha state
Posts: 3,283
Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lowroad
well, if it's a blank check type of deal, probably Tekin RX8, new soon-to-be-released tekin Pro4 motor, and those ritzy orion 90 c bats. Might as well throw a BCE or TLR chassis in there too, and either losi or SNR carbon arms.
carbon arms? where can I find these?
Neesh is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 01:42 PM
  #16986  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Shark413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,554
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Something showed up in the mail today.

Shark413 is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 01:49 PM
  #16987  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
Asharus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,123
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Shark413
Something showed up in the mail today.

LOOKS LIKE A CHASSIS
Asharus is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 01:54 PM
  #16988  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Shark413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,554
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Yes, my BCE chassis has arrived.






Nice smooth bottom.
Shark413 is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 03:15 PM
  #16989  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,593
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

whats the benefit of the BCE chassis over the optional Losi one?
SupermaxxRich is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 03:17 PM
  #16990  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (21)
 
annonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 498
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

@ shark413

When did you order?

It's been two weeks and still waiting to hear something
annonymous is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 03:25 PM
  #16991  
Tech Regular
 
Lucid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 264
Default

Originally Posted by cavg
Upon closer inspection, i can see that some of the teeth on the spur has been damaged. In total there is 6 of them in a row that are damaged in varying degree.

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/dsc03082f.jpg/

Any danger in running like this other than the spur gear getting worse?
I would be willing to say this is causing the noise

ive had bearings go out under a gear cover and produce very similar sounds.

swap it out and see, its always good to have an extra spur on hand
Lucid is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 03:25 PM
  #16992  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Shark413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,554
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by annonymous
@ shark413

When did you order?

It's been two weeks and still waiting to hear something

I placed my order on July 27th.
Shark413 is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 03:36 PM
  #16993  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 638
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lowroad
well, if your spur strips out and lets go while running, that will leave the motor free to spin the high reving bejezus out of itself. That can't be good.
THis is true, but I cant see it happening for long enough to do any damage. If you cant get an extra spur, run your current damaged one, I'm guessing it wont last long though! Time to buy/order a new one!
mellen_mpz is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 03:37 PM
  #16994  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (79)
 
lowroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mellen_mpz
THis is true, but I cant see it happening for long enough to do any damage. If you cant get an extra spur, run your current damaged one, I'm guessing it wont last long though! Time to buy/order a new one!
nah, unlikely at best, you are correct.
lowroad is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 03:38 PM
  #16995  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (25)
 
losi_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mellen_mpz
THis is true, but I cant see it happening for long enough to do any damage. If you cant get an extra spur, run your current damaged one, I'm guessing it wont last long though! Time to buy/order a new one!
x2. there is always a risk of blowing a spur. if you notice your full throttle and your not going anywhere i would let off the throttle, if your not smart enough to let off the throttle please dont sent the motor in for warranty
losi_racer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.