Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
Who said we wouldn't pay more for a better truck? We're already paying more to make this one race worthy, why wouldn't we spend that on a better truck out of the box?
I never said anyone wouldn't, I just said it's asinine to expect so much from a 250$ truck...and then B&W when hop up parts are needed to bring it to race spec. The same people would be B&W'ing if the truck came out with all the stuff on it for 500$.

Bottom line is, people just like to hear themselves complain sometimes....I think it makes them feel more important or something
Old 07-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ridley
I'm not brand loyal to Losi in the least. In fact, I'm much more of a Kyosho guy....but the SCTE is a great truck for the price. The only other truck on the market thats close to it is the durango, and at a 150$ premium over the Losi. Thats before the 70$ in swaybars, the extra center diff, the machined gears, and the other uber expensive hard to find do-dads it needs to keep from grenading. The AE is such a pile of garbage that I can't even include it in the conversation.

You simply ARE NOT going to get 8th scale materials in a 250$ truck. I don't care who makes it....xray, rango, kyosho, ANYBODY.

If you want 8th scale materials and durability, you can pretty much plan on spending 8th scale type money on your SCTE, plain and simple. 8th scales cost 500$ for a reason, regardless of what brand you start with

Could and should Losi have been more careful getting the truck to market......sure they have.....but complaining about needing extra parts to make a newly released truck race worthy just makes you look pretty silly.....thats something endemic to ALL new releases and the price you pay for being an early adopter trying to get a jump on the competition.

And, for the record, the Xray 808 is a slow pile of shiz. I wouldn't trade an 8ight 2.0 for two 808's.
I could care less if YOU think its silly - I would pay more if they made it just like everyone on here the truck is pitiful out of the box and you spend another $100+ to make it race worthy. If anyone looks silly its LOSI and this truck. Its a fast POS yes. And you would just be plain stupid not to trade a 8 2.0 for even 1 X-Ray I have had 3 of each and X-Ray is by far the superior product. Im slow not the buggy, maybe you just couldnt handle the quickness of the x-ray, that or you must enjoy cheap "losi" quality.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
I never said anyone wouldn't, I just said it's asinine to expect so much from a 250$ truck...and then B&W when hop up parts are needed to bring it to race spec. The same people would be B&W'ing if the truck came out with all the stuff on it for 500$.

Bottom line is, people just like to hear themselves complain sometimes....I think it makes them feel more important or something
I honestly don't think ANYONE actually said they expected a better truck for $250.

I know I didn't.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Suspended

It's selling so well because even with all of it's flaws, it's the best SCT out there, which doesn't say much for the state of SCT's.

The Durango might be higher quality components, but it's a scaled up 1/10th scale buggy that's already very, very fragile. There's a few around here that munch diffs and don't finish mains all the time. At an indoor clay track I race at here I've seen a number of the Durango buggies that their SCT is based on break and not finish races, so I don't know why they thought putting that platform in the rough and tumble class of SCT racing was a good idea.

If Losi is trying to hit a price point, they should offer the RTR SCTE (like their doing now, more or less) and a REAL race worthy SCTE (like the 8ight race roller) for people who can actually tell if their diff cups have 4mm of slop in them or not when they are brand new.
Anyone else thinking or (praying) for LOSI 4x4SCTE 2.0? I would pay $4-500 if it was good. when I am done with this truck the only Losi parts left on it will be the plastics and driveshafts.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by STONE RACING
Anyone else thinking or (praying) for LOSI 4x4SCTE 2.0? I would pay $4-500 if it was good. when I am done with this truck the only Losi parts left on it will be the plastics and driveshafts.
If there were aftermarket diffs, diff cases and CVD's/drivershafts, I'd be happy with it after I replace my chassis.

I'll have spent more on it than I did buying the truck to begin with though.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Honest feedback here for Losi.

First, I love my SCTE. It drives great and was the car that got me to finally give 4x4 SCTE a shot. I am literally almost as fast as my e 1/8 with it. My setup seems to work everywhere with only one or two setup tweaks.

Nevertheless, the quality of this truck was definitely a lot lower than what I expected. The plastic is just not what I expect of a racer. It is very durable but at the end of the day I literally have more money in upgrades on the car than the roller cost me.

BCE Chassis
Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins
Elite Mount
Alum Rear Hub Carriers
Losi CF Towers
Chris Pins in Diffs
Tony's Screw Kit

I would have gladly paid $400 bucks for a higher quality kit out the box. IMHO, all Losi needs to do is change the plastic formula so it matches exactly to the 8ight 2.0 plastic and put better screws on the truck.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why Mugen & Xray are dragging their feet on this class. If I could get Xray quality with the SCTE handling believe me, I'd pay the premium for it.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

I wish conversions were RCPro/ROAR legal.

Then you could just convert a good platform like Serpent/XRay/Mugen/Kyosho into an SCT with little more than narrower arms, body posts and hexes.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

I honestly don't think ANYONE actually said they expected a better truck for $250.

I know I didn't.
Every time someone Bit$#@# about buying an upgraded part to "fix" the shortcomings of the stock kit...they ARE DOING JUST THAT!!!!

Thinking otherwise is either juvenile or lacking in English comprehension.

For every fault in the SCTE, there's a "fix"........I'd have thought that would be enough to appease the ballswinging pitchfork holders by now

All this senseless complaining is doing is pissing off and chasing away the factory guys that are on here trying to help us out!!! Please, tell us how thats going to help anyone???
Old 07-26-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

And your posts are helping who exactly?
Old 07-26-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Then you could just convert a good platform like Serpent/XRay/Mugen/Kyosho into an SCT with little more than narrower arms, body posts and hexes.
You can do just that at almost any club racing event. You'll prolly have to run on 2s though, so then you'd be over on the tekin thread complaining about how their stuff is terrible because it won't hold up to the 300 amps you are trying to run through it to push 9lbs around the track
Old 07-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

This class is nothing more than a mini 1/8 truggy class imho. Most of the 8th scale nitro guys around here hate the 2wd SCTs and electric racing in general. However, they all love 4x4 SCTe as they can lay down 8th scale electric power and are fun to drive. As soon as Losi and Associated came out with their cars, they all got 4wd SCTs.

Most find the current crop of trucks to be a little chintzy quality wise.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Edumakated
This class is nothing more than a mini 1/8 truggy class imho. Most of the 8th scale nitro guys around here hate the 2wd SCTs and electric racing in general. However, they all love 4x4 SCTe as they can lay down 8th scale electric power and are fun to drive. As soon as Losi and Associated came out with their cars, they all got 4wd SCTs.

Most find the current crop of trucks to be a little chintzy quality wise.
I found it extremely chintzy until the SCTE came out, now it's just kinda chintzy.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

And your posts are helping who exactly?
I think I can count on one hand how many people on here have contributed more than me to this thread with pertinent info on how to fix this truck......so to your question the answer would be...just about everyone.

You probably don't realize that though, since you are too busy listening to yourself drivel nonsense than to spend anytime reading and learning how to fix the issues you are complaining about.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

My issues are all fixed.

Doesn't mean that I, and about 500 other people in this thread, can't express our opinions about the lack of quality of the kit.

If it weren't a good kit and if we didn't all like it, no one would care about the defects, but I guess you are a tad too slow to figure that out.

This is a public forum. Everyone has a right to express their opinions. If you don't want to read it, don't click the thread.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I bought a 810, out of the box and less then a gallon later here is what was found:

1: Cracked rear arm at mold seam.
2: no lube in diffs.
3: Diff Pin Wear. Chris Pin fixed it.
4: Pull start assembly spring popped out of the short shot casing. , never saw that in my life....

Anyways, with all that said and gone. Losi has been AMAZING with customer service. I received parts within a week on all issues.

I like the price of these TEN based kits and it gets people into the hobby. If they raised costs, I am sure you would see less people at the track....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.