Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Fair enough. Thanks for all your inputs guys. Now I can get back to work without camber on brain. LOL
Old 04-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Hi guys I'm really sorry to hijack the thread but i have some stuff i need to sell. reluctantly. thought you might want a look. it is in the for sale area

I have a brand new TC6.1 Factory Team for sale.
I sadly have to start clearing up some funding for some things that have come up.
Never Driven or turned a wheel under power.

Brand New TC6.1 Factory Team Kit, with a host of tuning springs and spur gears, built (assembled) to spec setup ready for finer tuning. - $330.00 USD. ($399 receipt from Amain in January) - with Proto From R9-R Body Shell.

I have to sell his mates as well,

KO Propo EX1-UR w Receiver- Brand New never used in box, with manuals. $250. (Receipt from Amain for February for $339.99)

Team Orion 17.5 Pro Stock Motor - $75 (never used, Receipt from Amain for $109.99)

All the above is brand new, i've never used any of it what so ever.
Please PM for details.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by svndayNZ
Hi guys I'm really sorry to hijack the thread but i have some stuff i need to sell. reluctantly. thought you might want a look. it is in the for sale area

I have a brand new TC6.1 Factory Team for sale.
I sadly have to start clearing up some funding for some things that have come up.
Never Driven or turned a wheel under power.

Brand New TC6.1 Factory Team Kit, with a host of tuning springs and spur gears, built (assembled) to spec setup ready for finer tuning. - $330.00 USD. ($399 receipt from Amain in January) - with Proto From R9-R Body Shell.

I have to sell his mates as well,

KO Propo EX1-UR w Receiver- Brand New never used in box, with manuals. $250. (Receipt from Amain for February for $339.99)

Team Orion 17.5 Pro Stock Motor - $75 (never used, Receipt from Amain for $109.99)

All the above is brand new, i've never used any of it what so ever.
Please PM for details.

if only this was posted 4 days ago I would have bought it lol.

Guys I just got my tc6 today, and I was wondering if there are alot of parts that convert from the tc5 to the tct6, the guy sent me handful of parts from a tc5. sorry if it is a dumb question but Im new to the car so I wasnt sure if I really got a tc6 or if its possible to convert a tc5 to a tc6
Old 04-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

it's not possible. Some parts are compatible though.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Stick with the standard rod ends but use a shorter turnbuckle. In some cases you will run the #7 hole in the front. Generally the other holes are used in the rear.
What is the advantage of using the shorter turnbuckles up front on the TC6.1 compared to the longer turnbuckles up front on the TC6?
Old 04-20-2012, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jirish617
I wasnt sure if I really got a tc6 or if its possible to convert a tc5 to a tc6
I know this isnt what you asked, but on this page, they list the compatible parts. http://www.carcar.ca/wiki/wiki.php?s...mAssosiatedTc6
Old 04-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tr1kstanc3
What is the advantage of using the shorter turnbuckles up front on the TC6.1 compared to the longer turnbuckles up front on the TC6?
Hey Joe, I ain't Rick, but I have been on the shorter links, insisting on them before anyone else was, especially the vertical studs.

The shorter links make the car more responsive. The car switches directions quicker, and makes more middle of the corner traction due to the increased camber gain. I feel that they make the car easier to drive. The long links from the TC6 should be very seldom used, and probably only in large really long, sweeping tracks.

Look at all the top TC's out there, almost no car has really long link possibilities.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Hey Joe, I ain't Rick, but I have been on the shorter links, insisting on them before anyone else was, especially the vertical studs.

The shorter links make the car more responsive. The car switches directions quicker, and makes more middle of the corner traction due to the increased camber gain. I feel that they make the car easier to drive. The long links from the TC6 should be very seldom used, and probably only in large really long, sweeping tracks.

Look at all the top TC's out there, almost no car has really long link possibilities.
So...What link is replaced? Is the shorter link the 45mm? Looking at the AE parts list, that seems to be the only turnbuckle that is different. Then again I could be wrong..
Old 04-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What is the best motor to run in the tc6.1 car in the 17.5 blinky class on a medium-high traction indoor track?

I have been told the Reedy Sonic 17.5 or the Thunder Power Z3R-S are the best. But I have seen several things that said the Thunder Power is fragile and can't take a lot of extra stress.

thanks
Old 04-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losiho
Thanks. I've managed to source some Top Racing screws, which are identical to the OEM Associated screws -

http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....ducts_id=10221
Avoid the button head screws in this location. Use socket cap head screws as they are far less prone to stripping. These screws need to be pretty tight to keep from backing out.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
Avoid the button head screws in this location. Use socket cap head screws as they are far less prone to stripping. These screws need to be pretty tight to keep from backing out.
Thanks. Managed to source some socket head screws.

Any answers from Associated regarding the status of the spur gear screws ??
Old 04-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have question about front arm sweep.

I bought a team drivers Tc6 and when I looked it over it had the front arms swept foward 1.5mm. I was looking at another friends Tc6 and noticed that he had his front arms swept back 1.5mm.

I didnt ask any questions at the time. I just left the arms swept forward on my new car and raced it. Now I am sitting here bored at work and I got to wondering what the effect are. I looked it up and couldnt find much.

Can you guys help me wrap my head around the adjustment.

Thank you
Joe
Old 04-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Arrow F/S FT TEAM ASSOCIATED TC6 TEKIN FUTABA SAVOX MYLAPS W/ TONS OF SPARES

I have this for sale, take a look, thank you. Give it a bump if you would please.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ns-spares.html
Old 04-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_speed
What is the best motor to run in the tc6.1 car in the 17.5 blinky class on a medium-high traction indoor track?

I have been told the Reedy Sonic 17.5 or the Thunder Power Z3R-S are the best. But I have seen several things that said the Thunder Power is fragile and can't take a lot of extra stress.

thanks
I run the reedy for club racing (very smooth motor, helps on low bite tracks)
and I run the TP motor for big races ( green rotor ) very fast motor.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

What's the go-to base setup for this car?

I got a secondhand one and found some stuff that needs attention.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.