Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

For getting screws out, I use a left hand threaded drill bit, usually 1/16". Usually the bit will catch and spin the screw right out. If it doesn't spin it out, after you've drilled into the screw, use an easy-out.

Works great.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
However with the Front Mounts (Pic 2) shows Toe In and (Pic 3) shows Toe Out. That can't be right???
That doesn't surprise me. Maybe this pic explains it... Shouldn't these holes line up?
Attached Thumbnails XRAY T3-t3.jpg  
Old 12-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by veecee
That doesn't surprise me. Maybe this pic explains it... Shouldn't these holes line up?
Yeah, my "locating holes" are different distances from the edge of diff cut out. One is 5.21mm. The other is 5.49mm.

I won't know till I get this holder out (undamaged hopefully), but I wonder if I'll be able to tighten them with the arms installed, so they stay staight???? If not, will the one piece holder solve my issues? I doubt xray will give me a new chassis.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Come on people the reason they don't line up is because the car has toe in built in it.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joey4875
Come on people the reason they don't line up is because the car has toe in built in it.
Not in the front. Only in the rear.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joey4875
And if so, they would be the same distance...... not different.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcterp
Not in the front. Only in the rear.
Yes the front should line up but the rear has toe in built in the car
Old 12-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Off topic but this has been bothering me. What does the EU and US stand for as far as the Rubber and Foam specs go? (Europe and United States?? that can't be so...) I know rubber spec uses and thinner chassis is this so it can flex because of non carpet tracks being rougher, or is it because you need flex to make up for less traction with rubber tires? If it is to obsorb bumps would it be wise to use a thicker chassis if your running rubber on carpet? Thanks for helping me understand this.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brennan Elwell
Off topic but this has been bothering me. What does the EU and US stand for as far as the Rubber and Foam specs go? (Europe and United States?? that can't be so...) I know rubber spec uses and thinner chassis is this so it can flex because of non carpet tracks being rougher, or is it because you need flex to make up for less traction with rubber tires? If it is to obsorb bumps would it be wise to use a thicker chassis if your running rubber on carpet? Thanks for helping me understand this.
You got it, US is USA and EU is European. Foam is US spec, Rubber is EU spec. The EU edition allows for more flex with the thinner chassis and thinner top plate to compensate for less traction on rubber tires. The US is quite rigid being traction on foams isn't usually a problem, but too much definitely is. I would suggest using Rubber for rubber spec and foam spec for foam tires.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Yes, Europe and United States. More flex is for more traction for rubber tire races, which was more popular in Europe (hence the EU). The flex isn't really for bumps, that's all suspension. Stiffer for carpet with foam tires, more popular in the US.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Even if the holes don't line up, but you don't have any arm bind issues and equal toe in on each side, you're really only playing with shims to adjust width and toe. It would be interesting to see if other chassiss are drilled the same, could be to help torque off the line?
Old 12-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

i think in a few years there wont be a us version anymore, not in kit form anyway. The problem with the eu edition is, on high bite carpet and high bite asphalt, it makes to much traction, now on low bite, the rubber car is silly. In future high bite situations with the rubber car, im actually going to be using a foam top deck so i can use the standoffs to take more traction out.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by trerc
You got it, US is USA and EU is European. Foam is US spec, Rubber is EU spec. The EU edition allows for more flex with the thinner chassis and thinner top plate to compensate for less traction on rubber tires. The US is quite rigid being traction on foams isn't usually a problem, but too much definitely is. I would suggest using Rubber for rubber spec and foam spec for foam tires.
Originally Posted by rcterp
Yes, Europe and United States. More flex is for more traction for rubber tire races, which was more popular in Europe (hence the EU). The flex isn't really for bumps, that's all suspension. Stiffer for carpet with foam tires, more popular in the US.
Thanks guys its just confusing that they would label them eu and us when both versions are available here in the US. Anyone who buys an x-ray for asphalt is going to get the eu version, right?(or is foam used outdoors also?) Tons of people race rubber in the US and it seems that rubber is the popular choice for tc carpet racing also. Am i right or just confused here?
Old 12-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Thanks guys its just confusing that they would label them eu and us when both versions are available here in the US. Anyone who buys an x-ray for asphalt is going to get the eu version, right?(or is foam used outdoors also?) Tons of people race rubber in the US and it seems that rubber is the popular choice for tc carpet racing also. Am i right or just confused here?
You're pretty much on. You buy the EU if you're going to run rubber tires (asphalt or carpet).
Old 12-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

not only is the chassis thicker for US it comes with 2 diffs. The EU comes with front spool rear diff.... rubber tire racing is about the spool perhaps some instances of a one-way...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.