R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #1201
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,625
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

For getting screws out, I use a left hand threaded drill bit, usually 1/16". Usually the bit will catch and spin the screw right out. If it doesn't spin it out, after you've drilled into the screw, use an easy-out.

Works great.
EVILGRAFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:54 PM   #1202
Tech Master
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,439
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Lord View Post
However with the Front Mounts (Pic 2) shows Toe In and (Pic 3) shows Toe Out. That can't be right???
That doesn't surprise me. Maybe this pic explains it... Shouldn't these holes line up?
Attached Thumbnails
XRAY T3-t3.jpg  
__________________
SMOKEM --- XPRESS --- MONTECH --- SRT
veecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:40 PM   #1203
Tech Master
 
Sith Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 1,405
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veecee View Post
That doesn't surprise me. Maybe this pic explains it... Shouldn't these holes line up?
Yeah, my "locating holes" are different distances from the edge of diff cut out. One is 5.21mm. The other is 5.49mm.

I won't know till I get this holder out (undamaged hopefully), but I wonder if I'll be able to tighten them with the arms installed, so they stay staight???? If not, will the one piece holder solve my issues? I doubt xray will give me a new chassis.
__________________
Tamiya XV-01 Rally :: Tamiya FAV 2011 :: Proline Pro2 SCB
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:42 PM   #1204
Tech Regular
 
Joey4875's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chesapeake Beach
Posts: 354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veecee View Post
That doesn't surprise me. Maybe this pic explains it... Shouldn't these holes line up?
Come on people the reason they don't line up is because the car has toe in built in it.
__________________
Xray,Hudy,RC America
Joey4875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:44 PM   #1205
Tech Master
 
rcterp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: No mans land.
Posts: 1,032
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey4875 View Post
Come on people the reason they don't line up is because the car has toe in built in it.
Not in the front. Only in the rear.
__________________
Φ
Glitter Lidz - "My driving doesn't shine but my lid does!!"
rcterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:50 PM   #1206
Tech Master
 
Sith Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 1,405
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey4875 View Post
Come on people the reason they don't line up is because the car has toe in built in it.
And if so, they would be the same distance...... not different.
__________________
Tamiya XV-01 Rally :: Tamiya FAV 2011 :: Proline Pro2 SCB
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:10 PM   #1207
Tech Regular
 
Joey4875's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chesapeake Beach
Posts: 354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcterp View Post
Not in the front. Only in the rear.
Yes the front should line up but the rear has toe in built in the car
__________________
Xray,Hudy,RC America
Joey4875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:26 PM   #1208
Tech Rookie
 
Brennan Elwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Coopersburg, Pa
Posts: 7
Default

Off topic but this has been bothering me. What does the EU and US stand for as far as the Rubber and Foam specs go? (Europe and United States?? that can't be so...) I know rubber spec uses and thinner chassis is this so it can flex because of non carpet tracks being rougher, or is it because you need flex to make up for less traction with rubber tires? If it is to obsorb bumps would it be wise to use a thicker chassis if your running rubber on carpet? Thanks for helping me understand this.
__________________
Thunder Tiger ST-1
Carpet Noob (investing soon)
Brennan Elwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #1209
Tech Master
 
trerc's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,821
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan Elwell View Post
Off topic but this has been bothering me. What does the EU and US stand for as far as the Rubber and Foam specs go? (Europe and United States?? that can't be so...) I know rubber spec uses and thinner chassis is this so it can flex because of non carpet tracks being rougher, or is it because you need flex to make up for less traction with rubber tires? If it is to obsorb bumps would it be wise to use a thicker chassis if your running rubber on carpet? Thanks for helping me understand this.
You got it, US is USA and EU is European. Foam is US spec, Rubber is EU spec. The EU edition allows for more flex with the thinner chassis and thinner top plate to compensate for less traction on rubber tires. The US is quite rigid being traction on foams isn't usually a problem, but too much definitely is. I would suggest using Rubber for rubber spec and foam spec for foam tires.
__________________
If it smells burnt up.. it's more than likely hot.. you don't have to touch it..
trerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #1210
Tech Master
 
rcterp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: No mans land.
Posts: 1,032
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan Elwell View Post
Off topic but this has been bothering me. What does the EU and US stand for as far as the Rubber and Foam specs go? (Europe and United States?? that can't be so...) I know rubber spec uses and thinner chassis is this so it can flex because of non carpet tracks being rougher, or is it because you need flex to make up for less traction with rubber tires? If it is to obsorb bumps would it be wise to use a thicker chassis if your running rubber on carpet? Thanks for helping me understand this.
Yes, Europe and United States. More flex is for more traction for rubber tire races, which was more popular in Europe (hence the EU). The flex isn't really for bumps, that's all suspension. Stiffer for carpet with foam tires, more popular in the US.
__________________
Φ
Glitter Lidz - "My driving doesn't shine but my lid does!!"
rcterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:49 PM   #1211
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,419
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veecee View Post
That doesn't surprise me. Maybe this pic explains it... Shouldn't these holes line up?
Even if the holes don't line up, but you don't have any arm bind issues and equal toe in on each side, you're really only playing with shims to adjust width and toe. It would be interesting to see if other chassiss are drilled the same, could be to help torque off the line?
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:58 PM   #1212
Tech Fanatic
 
losithrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 791
Default

i think in a few years there wont be a us version anymore, not in kit form anyway. The problem with the eu edition is, on high bite carpet and high bite asphalt, it makes to much traction, now on low bite, the rubber car is silly. In future high bite situations with the rubber car, im actually going to be using a foam top deck so i can use the standoffs to take more traction out.
__________________
ONE THINGS FOR SURE ABOUT THE STINGER, NOTHINGS FOR SURE!
losithrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #1213
Tech Rookie
 
Brennan Elwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Coopersburg, Pa
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trerc View Post
You got it, US is USA and EU is European. Foam is US spec, Rubber is EU spec. The EU edition allows for more flex with the thinner chassis and thinner top plate to compensate for less traction on rubber tires. The US is quite rigid being traction on foams isn't usually a problem, but too much definitely is. I would suggest using Rubber for rubber spec and foam spec for foam tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcterp View Post
Yes, Europe and United States. More flex is for more traction for rubber tire races, which was more popular in Europe (hence the EU). The flex isn't really for bumps, that's all suspension. Stiffer for carpet with foam tires, more popular in the US.
Thanks guys its just confusing that they would label them eu and us when both versions are available here in the US. Anyone who buys an x-ray for asphalt is going to get the eu version, right?(or is foam used outdoors also?) Tons of people race rubber in the US and it seems that rubber is the popular choice for tc carpet racing also. Am i right or just confused here?
__________________
Thunder Tiger ST-1
Carpet Noob (investing soon)
Brennan Elwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:30 PM   #1214
Tech Master
 
rcterp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: No mans land.
Posts: 1,032
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan Elwell View Post
Thanks guys its just confusing that they would label them eu and us when both versions are available here in the US. Anyone who buys an x-ray for asphalt is going to get the eu version, right?(or is foam used outdoors also?) Tons of people race rubber in the US and it seems that rubber is the popular choice for tc carpet racing also. Am i right or just confused here?
You're pretty much on. You buy the EU if you're going to run rubber tires (asphalt or carpet).
__________________
Φ
Glitter Lidz - "My driving doesn't shine but my lid does!!"
rcterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:41 PM   #1215
Tech Elite
 
RCFREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: MEMBER OF THE "MWC" Mimi Wong Clan
Posts: 2,414
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

not only is the chassis thicker for US it comes with 2 diffs. The EU comes with front spool rear diff.... rubber tire racing is about the spool perhaps some instances of a one-way...
__________________
Arv.
EA MOTORSPORTS// KO PROPO// ORCA// 180 RACEWAY
RCFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xray T2'008 Drew_Cat Electric On-Road 1941 01-25-2016 12:36 PM
Xray T2'007 Joep Electric On-Road 4185 07-07-2014 09:22 AM
XRay T3 (spy pics) syndr0me Electric On-Road 33 07-13-2010 04:43 PM
where to get xray?? 2qwik Northwest Racers 20 10-10-2009 03:02 AM
New Xray T3!!! Jammin'Trey Electric On-Road 39 10-09-2009 12:40 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:41 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net