Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
This is close to one of the more retarded things iv ever seen typed here on rctech. Heck, I would bet we are somewhere around 20 009s at my local club alone over the last year. I would venture to guess that xray has sold thousands of 09s.
Could it be that a lot of Xrays have been private imports rather than sold through the authorised importer?
Old 12-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Yeah, if you remove the snap ring it is always a good idea to use a new one. If they bend at all you will have a high and low spot for the thrust bearing to ride on.
Because I have yet to take the diff apart , is it possible to take apart the diff without removing the circlip? Or is it an absolute must too remove that circlip everytime?
Old 12-19-2009, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX
Has anyone (thought bought an original T3) received their front suspension mount yet?

Ralph told me a couple weeks a couple weeks ago and I've seen them for sale on web sites already.

Anyone?
we all have ours in Europe !!

mine was added to my kit at my LHS

i didn't even fit the 2 piece mountings
Old 12-19-2009, 01:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just finished building mine and all went together great.

Only thing I found was both rear arms tight after tightening up mounts.
Found I needed to file 0.2mm off the 2mm shims, was spot on after that.

The previous suggestion about loosening the crews underneath helped the front, but not the back.

Looking forward to running first time tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

I would have filed the arm, not the shims as these are likely to be used in the future with new arms which may be molded better and therefore be too loose.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Arm Mount Problems

Thought I'd start to build the T3 before I got the 1 piece suspension mount. I fugure there wouldn't be as much of an issue with the thicker US chassis, so I'll put the 2 pieces on for now.

Now (Pic 1) for the Rear Suspension, I understand there is built in Toe In - hence the angled 1 piece mount.

However with the Front Mounts (Pic 2) shows Toe In and (Pic 3) shows Toe Out. That can't be right???

The next problem, after seeing the To In/Out issue, I decided to take off the mounts, but seeing as I tightened them up pretty well (like the video with the vice/hammer) I stripped the hex screw. Now I have to buy a screw extractor kit or something. I tried the slotting with a dremel, but I don't want to slice up the chassis.

Any thoughts on the Toe issue and how to get my stripped screw out?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails XRAY T3-p1010430v1.jpg   XRAY T3-p1010433v1.jpg   XRAY T3-p1010435v1.jpg  
Old 12-19-2009, 03:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Yeah, if you remove the snap ring it is always a good idea to use a new one. If they bend at all you will have a high and low spot for the thrust bearing to ride on.
Thanks Kevin, is it the same snap ring the RDX used? I think I have some of those around still.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by traitor
Because I have yet to take the diff apart , is it possible to take apart the diff without removing the circlip? Or is it an absolute must too remove that circlip everytime?
the clip holds the thrust race in place so if you want to do just teh plates you wont need to take it out, i would advice doing the thrust race aswell tho its just as important
Old 12-19-2009, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
Thought I'd start to build the T3 before I got the 1 piece suspension mount. I fugure there wouldn't be as much of an issue with the thicker US chassis, so I'll put the 2 pieces on for now.

Now (Pic 1) for the Rear Suspension, I understand there is built in Toe In - hence the angled 1 piece mount.

However with the Front Mounts (Pic 2) shows Toe In and (Pic 3) shows Toe Out. That can't be right???

The next problem, after seeing the To In/Out issue, I decided to take off the mounts, but seeing as I tightened them up pretty well (like the video with the vice/hammer) I stripped the hex screw. Now I have to buy a screw extractor kit or something. I tried the slotting with a dremel, but I don't want to slice up the chassis.

Thanks.
I don't think that's toe in the front, I think the smaller mounts are just twisted. In one of the instructions I read, it definitely said to make sure to keep that mounts straight when tightening.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX
Has anyone (thought bought an original T3) received their front suspension mount yet?

Ralph told me a couple weeks a couple weeks ago and I've seen them for sale on web sites already.

Anyone?
I get mine today...first run my T3...awesome car ...
Old 12-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

The next problem, after seeing the To In/Out issue, I decided to take off the mounts, but seeing as I tightened them up pretty well (like the video with the vice/hammer) I stripped the hex screw. Now I have to buy a screw extractor kit or something. I tried the slotting with a dremel, but I don't want to slice up the chassis
Thanks.
That will cause the arm to bid up, you might have to loosen up the screw and adjust it with the arm on. Once you get the arm free from binding it should be straight
Old 12-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Thanks.
Drill it out.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Any thoughts on the Toe issue
Loosen screws, install arms, tighten screws. Like Joey says, you crank those down without the arms installed and you'll cause binding. Same goes for rear.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
Drill it out.
Down to the hardware store today to see if there's a small enough screw extractor kit, if not - Drill it out and hope I don't damage the holder.

If I can get that out, then I'll tackle the angle of the suspension mounts.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

You can drill the head off the bolt, use a small drill bit to remove the remains of the hex in the screw. Then use a drill bit where the tip of the drill has the same taper as the countersunk. Then you are left with a little bit of screw left to get some pliers onto.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.