Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hamster778
i've now got a tricycle
You've got a tricycle? They call me tripod...what a coincidence.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
I've heard the Rubberneck bumpers are much better than the p-dub ones...can anyone confirm or deny this?
Better in what sense, they are both pretty damn hard compared to the stock one in the kit. You remember the bumper on the car I sold you, that was a PDub.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I can't think of a single sedan that comes with a bumper as strong as the PDub/Rubberneck. I can think of a couple that come with a bumper weaker than the Losi shipped with, and cost more. It seems to be one of those parts that's "good enough" for the sake of keeping the kit cost reasonable. Like others have mentioned, that doesn't seem to be the problem here.

Is there a part (numbers please) from the old car we can use on the new one to shorten the wheel axles, front and rear? They are ridiculously long, the chariot analogy was pretty great. :-D
Old 04-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by syndr0me

Is there a part (numbers please) from the old car we can use on the new one to shorten the wheel axles, front and rear? They are ridiculously long, the chariot analogy was pretty great. :-D
Not sure but the fronts may be ok to change A3334 LCD Axle, but the rears i think will be a problem due to the new RCD's (A3339 Rcd axle ) as the old one were the other way round (old A9928 cvd axle ).

hope this helps
Old 04-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I Dremeled my rears shorter today but left the front go for I have the wide hexes on it at the moment and nothing is sticking out that far up front. Use a thin cut off wheel and just cut like 3 threads off at the same angle as the thread. Then just smooth it out after so the nut goes on smoothly. I had no issue getting the wheel nuts on after I was done and had plenty of thread left for the nylon in the nut to grab hold.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
I've heard the Rubberneck bumpers are much better than the p-dub ones...can anyone confirm or deny this?

Actually, now that I think of it.. the bumper I have is a Parma.. but Kev hooked me up a few times way back when.. so cough... rubberneck.. (maybe he has some more for me as I am out

yes, in the past the rubber neck pieces seemed to be finished better.. at least with nice rounded edges.. but the material.. seems the same for all of them...

KB
Old 04-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Default wish-4-bones

Well I remember that when Losi brought out the XXX-4 they had an issue with the front and rear arms as they were also breaking, so when this was corrected I was given a set by our lhs free of charge, IMO this should be honered on the Type R to give us the confidence back in the car before all of it has gone. Also heard tonight that another Type R owner raced his car for the first time on Thursday night and to broke a wishbone, so come on Losi resolve this ongoing problem there obviously is, and do the curtyes thing and give out to all who has purchased the car, front and rear wishbones FOC.
Cheers Malc
Old 04-14-2007, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

Has anybody broken a C hub or knuckle or any other piece of the EA3 plastic? Just curious.

Brant
Old 04-14-2007, 04:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Sounds like mines the only type r still standing, at least in the UK anyway lol

Paul
Old 04-14-2007, 05:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Paul,

Done 3 full days of running (16 runs) and no breakages at all.

Still wait for some spares to tune up, still cnat get spare front arms.

West London testing tomorrow, Stafford Stock National next weekend.

Chris
Old 04-14-2007, 05:54 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Has anybody broken a C hub or knuckle or any other piece of the EA3 plastic? Just curious.

Brant
Good quest. I'd like to know as well
Old 04-14-2007, 06:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Brant
Are the rod ends made of EA3 material? If so then I split one of them right down the middle when I was trying to pass a car on the outside and smacked the the left rear tire on the wall. I did not have the long arms (running short rear arms) in back so I did not break an arm. When I look at how the arms break, they break funny. Regular graphite arms I have broke have clean snap offs, these arms break clean at the thin front part of the arm and in the back the peel back a strip then break off like wood from a tree and chip off also where the arms are notched. Almost like bad moldings or plastic mixing.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 429racer
Are the rod ends made of EA3 material? If so then I split one of them right down the middle when I was trying to pass a car on the outside and smacked the the left rear tire on the wall. I did not have the long arms (running short rear arms) in back so I did not break an arm. When I look at how the arms break, they break funny. Regular graphite arms I have broke have clean snap offs, these arms break clean at the thin front part of the arm and in the back the peel back a strip then break off like wood from a tree and chip off also where the arms are notched. Almost like bad moldings or plastic mixing.

I don't think the rod ends are the same. I split several of them last year as well with my JRXS.

I have been lucky and unlucky at the same time. I have had my car for 3 weeks now and have not broken a thing. BUT, I have not been to race it yet either. LMAO I have run a test pack through it in my street and did manage to hit the curb a time or two. I'm in the middle of 2 days worth of rain so I probably won't get to drive it on the track untill Wed.

Brant
Old 04-14-2007, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussB
the front arm i broke was definitely a light tap. it was my first pack with the car, i was not anywhere close to race speeds, was very easy on the gas, etc... i bumped a flexible bumper around a corner and the arm just snapped in half. i'm running the wide assoc hexes in the front, so axle sticking out from the nut was at a minimum.

i will grind my axles down before the next time i race, but i'm still going to run graphite arms...
I can attest to that, Russ very rarely goes anywhere near race speeds on the track, we like to think of him as the "pace car".
Old 04-14-2007, 07:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I don't think the rod ends are the same. I split several of them last year as well with my JRXS.

I have been lucky and unlucky at the same time. I have had my car for 3 weeks now and have not broken a thing. BUT, I have not been to race it yet either. LMAO I have run a test pack through it in my street and did manage to hit the curb a time or two. I'm in the middle of 2 days worth of rain so I probably won't get to drive it on the track untill Wed.

Brant
It might be two weeks till you get to race it . I love the car, but if these bumper mods don't fix it, then I will sell it and go back to my RDX.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.