Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ramiel
Hi
Can someone tell me what settings are you using with the Sirio Power Clutch (Clutch spring, clutch gap, end-play)?
I'm going to use it with a brand new Sirio Evo 3 STI MM.
Somebody knows the difference between the green (stock) shoe and the yellow shoe?
Cheers
I think I have personally covered this in this thread a couple times and posted the instructions that come with it but here you go.

Spring should be 0.2mm from the top of the nut, clutch gap of 0.5 and end play of 0.1

I haven't seen the yellow shoe yet, if it is comparable to other manufacturers yellow shoes (assuming the same material because I haven't seen one) it would grip more instead of the slight slip you get with the green.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:11 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Brian and sorry for asking this question again.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

guys i'm sorry if this question has been ask before. about the blue evo springs no. 1.6, 1.7, 1.8 w/c one is the softest? is highier the no. or lower? thanks in advance.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rowveg36
guys i'm sorry if this question has been ask before. about the blue evo springs no. 1.6, 1.7, 1.8 w/c one is the softest? is highier the no. or lower? thanks in advance.
The lower # is softer, I believe it is the size of the wire in MM.

They used to rate them in # of coils and wire size, but I think the blues are all the same # of coils.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default evo

Groskamp TQ’s World Championships!!

5 out of 10 kyosho!!

http://www.redrc.net/2008/08/groskam...championships/
Old 08-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Brian just wanted to confirm 0.2mm on the cltch nut? So that thing is barely on there.. I run 1.2 on the stock clutch so I'm assuming this one hits that much harder to you to back it off that much.

Thanks again for all your help..
Old 08-14-2008, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quick question what changes would you guys make for more steering through a really fast sweeper.

1/8th`s take it easily flat and some tourers as well. My car tends to struggle with understeer. It also gets the wobbles sometimes when there is a lot of grip. Am I running too soft? Or should I make geometry changes?
Old 08-15-2008, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bradley70
Brian just wanted to confirm 0.2mm on the cltch nut? So that thing is barely on there.. I run 1.2 on the stock clutch so I'm assuming this one hits that much harder to you to back it off that much.

Thanks again for all your help..
Correct, 0.2mm, just barely on the nut. Each sirio spring is different and each track is different though, so you will end up sticking a 1.5mm wrench through the clutch bell hole and adjusting this later. Your assumption of this clutch hitting hard is an understatement, the Sirio is almost undrivable with any setting on a very loose track because of the spring. I usually have to tighten my clutch nut as the day goes on because my track start off loose and sometimes end up traction roll central.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by barg
Quick question what changes would you guys make for more steering through a really fast sweeper.

1/8th`s take it easily flat and some tourers as well. My car tends to struggle with understeer. It also gets the wobbles sometimes when there is a lot of grip. Am I running too soft? Or should I make geometry changes?
Caster helps you the most in sweepers, try putting all of the spacers to the front of the arm to get the most caster angle possible. You may have to run the inserts in the upper position and strengthen your sway bars. If the rear is moving around, it may just need a harder tire or you can try using a higher inner insert here as well to remove some of the grip to free up the car a little.

8th scale cars have downforce at high speed, I doubt we get 10% of the downforce they do at the end of a straight.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

Well done to Daniele Ielasi on winning the 2008 World Championship with your KYOSHO/PICCO!

Good to see them back at the top!
Old 08-17-2008, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I see that our new world champion Daniele Ielasi is running an xray fuel tank in his car can someone tell the reason for this change over?
Old 08-17-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by elche_83
I see that our new world champion Daniele Ielasi is running an xray fuel tank in his car can someone tell the reason for this change over?
It has to be CG as the NT1 tank is a bit shorter, he is using the capricorn upper deck as well that allows this and moves the servos closer to the evo2 position. It appears that he was using nimh cells, no flat lipo to lower the cg past the chassis as Xray has allowed for which was slightly surprising unless he doesn't trust regulators for one hour.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
It has to be CG as the NT1 tank is a bit shorter, he is using the capricorn upper deck as well that allows this and moves the servos closer to the evo2 position. It appears that he was using nimh cells, no flat lipo to lower the cg past the chassis as Xray has allowed for which was slightly surprising unless he doesn't trust regulators for one hour.
According to Daniele, the original Kyosho tank has problems with fuel pickup when it's going low and also something with the lid not being completely sealed.

That's what he says, not me!!! It's probably things that we mortals won't feel anyways
Old 08-17-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default Setup Questions

Just a couple of generic questions:

1. To get more on power steering, where would you start making changes. Most affective to least affective.

2. The same with off power steering.

3. How does the 1 degree and 2 degree optional front hubs affect steering.

Thanks

Last edited by fastrcracer; 08-18-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Alright I could really use some setup help on this car. I've really been struggling to find a balance of good steering and rear bite. I mostly run a solid front axle because of the ability to break etc. The car is twitchy loose, but with a big onpower push and the car doesn't feel in the track kind of floating around. Medium size track with fairly good grip!! I'm really lost right now!! Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Brad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.