Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 51
Once the d-diff rings slip past the notch they build heat and that's what makes them melt in to the base. I hate to recommend this, but I've heard of people gluing their diff rings to the outdrives. If you do decided to do this, I would suggest a medium to thick glue and use it very sparingly.
One thing that could help also is not useing the diff grease between the ring and outdrive as suggested in the manual. The grease is ONLY there to hold the ring in place during assembly so that it makes it easier to assemble without it sliding off the groove.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Sorry it was designed to race on all conditions. Losi has marketed it has a carpet car as it is the biggest market in the US.
I stand corrected. It was 2nd hand info that supposedly came from well... you.

Corey
Old 06-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RoachRacing
I stand corrected. It was 2nd hand info that supposedly came from well... you.

Corey
2nd hand = fish story = BS
Old 06-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Asphalt Version

Is there going to be an Asphalt version of this thing sometime this decade? It's a big waste of money for us in Australia as we race 90% on outdoor asphalt tracks...............................and I want to see how good this thing is against the very very impressive Mi3, Scythe and MS Cyclones..............cause at the moment it's way off the pace
Old 06-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Tech Rookie

sorry guys but i didnt fell like reading every page so... ill get to the point i want to know if the tc5 is a good car? im wanting to get one but im also wanting to ask if the parts are new enough so i dont have to upgrade the so if you have a tc5 or know anything about it please respond to this user thanks

serpent 754
Old 06-11-2007, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Serpent,

I would be happy to answer any questions, just like most everyone on this thread. But you should read the last 20 or so pages, it would answer all the important questions you might have. There are alot of happy people. My car should arrive today or tomorrow.

In general, the car seems to be easy to build, most people have said that the car ran well straight out of the box, and most have said that the car was responsive to changes, all great things. The parts are really inexpensive comparing them to other brands.

Steve
Old 06-11-2007, 12:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default New parts?

Any chance we will see Delrin or Teflon outdrives and aluminum dogbones available for the average racer? I'm guessing those are just TC4 rear hubs for different geometry, or are they so you can use the TC4 aluminum dogbones?
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC5-1472894_03b30f71c2_l.jpg  
Old 06-11-2007, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

GMills,

That looks to be a picture from when the car was still a prototype. The team guys have posted that there was not always a lot of parts back then so some used tc4 rear hubs and steering blocks when they did not have enough of the prototype TC5 parts. When using the tc4 stuff then you could use the aluminum cvd's. There will be aluminum diff outdrives released soon, I think I saw that you can use blades with these.

Steve
Old 06-11-2007, 01:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zacabrandy
Is there going to be an Asphalt version of this thing sometime this decade? It's a big waste of money for us in Australia as we race 90% on outdoor asphalt tracks...............................and I want to see how good this thing is against the very very impressive Mi3, Scythe and MS Cyclones..............cause at the moment it's way off the pace
Have you only just pulled your head out of the sand?
Old 06-11-2007, 02:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My head was never in the sand B4, however it looks like AE's head is firmly in the sand as there are other places on this planet than just the USA and in those places we race on Asphalt, hence the question, so I'll ask again...is there going to be an Asphalt version?
Old 06-11-2007, 02:28 AM
Tech Master

Greetings zacabrandy !!!
Go to page 81, post 2403 and there is a list of what parts are needed to convert to an asphalt car.
But I do believe that it ran just fine at the Reedy without all those parts. You need to go back about 20 pages and start looking. Information was provided by some of the factory drivers as to how to setup for asphalt with the stock chassis and top plate.
Or you could just go to www.teamassociated.com and check out the set-ups that are posted for asphalt.
Hope that helps..........
Old 06-11-2007, 03:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm having a hard time finding replacement parts. I broke the front steering block and front caster block and I've looked at about 4 online companies that don't have them in stock. Does anyone have any recommendations on whom may have these parts in stock?
Old 06-11-2007, 04:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zacabrandy
My head was never in the sand B4, however it looks like AE's head is firmly in the sand as there are other places on this planet than just the USA and in those places we race on Asphalt, hence the question, so I'll ask again...is there going to be an Asphalt version?
G'Day mate, I think that my first message to you was slightly facetious, and I mean no disrespect. I live in Sydney, so I realise how we need a good asphalt car... The club that I race at (St Ives) uses a car park to race on.

The TC5 has had several great results on asphalt already. When I tested my car, it was awesome with the standard chassis etc (trust me, I'm not the best driver around though, it was a significant improvement from my TC4). The car is comparatively cheap, and the option parts that you may choose for asphalt aren't bad either.

Just out of interest, where have you seen the car "way off the pace", considering at the international level, the car has received great results?

Cheers,
Warwick.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi there

I dont post here very often, but this is always where I come for information on my 1/10th scale stuff.

I went out and bought a TC5, and it went togother like a dream, cant wait for saturday races to run it.

I race a mix of stock oval, and road course depending on my mood that week, and generally can get my setup the way I like it, but I fail miserably at gearing, I can never figure out gearing. Maybe it's just me, but I dont understand it.

Anywho, il be running mainly Trinity Epic X stock motors, and I was wondering what a good staring 48pitch pinion would be good with the stock spur.

Any help is appricated, I tried to look though this TC5 thread, but it's 90+ pages, and the search feature didnt come up with anything.

Thanks
Old 06-11-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Got mine late Thursday afternoon last week and was up to the early hours of the morning and spent time in between practice runs on Friday building it.

Unfortunately didn't get it ready for racing on the Saturday (19T) of the Much More UK GP as I was short of some servo horns, screws and washers out of the packets. I actually have two A servo horns for some reason...

Kindly between Craig Drescher and Alan Bickerstaff they managed to get me a servo horn and motor screws. I managed to find some screws that fitted kicking about to bodge it together for Sunday's racing (open modified).

First outing with the car was in the wet and the thing was stuck to the track. Stock chassis seemed fine to me but this car is a big jump for me after running a TC3 for the past 4 years. During the day I found the car seemed to have overall more grip than the TC3 and a lot nicer to drive when getting on the power.

Overall I'm happy with my purchase and can't wait to hit the track again with it. Big thanks to Craig Drescher and Alan Bickerstaff for the setup advice and parts to get me going .

Anyone got any idea who I should contact about the parts I'm missing out of the kit?

Keiran

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.