Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 01:55 AM
Tech Adept

Hi all, my kit is on its way, i cant wait

What is the problem with the servos? Are the holes in the chassis too close or something else?

thanks, john
Old 06-18-2007, 02:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JuhoL
As has been said a couple of times already in this thread: The diffs will melt down if you run them too loose. Some people had issues with this in the Reedy race and most of them had the screw several turns too loose. The only way you will ever melt it down is with a low turn brushless motor.

Obviously the aluminium outdrives will help but you shouldnt have to get them if the diff is built correctly.

I'm sure the servo fit issues will be fixed in the batch of kits.
does this mean ill get a frre new one?

also i have found the car to be excellent one thing thou... got a slight knock front diff bearing holders....they are clean and no burrs... im running a bd spool and pulley, but it did the same with my tc5 front diff.....

any ideas.... doesnt effect performance, is just annoying
Old 06-18-2007, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JuhoL
As has been said a couple of times already in this thread: The diffs will melt down if you run them too loose. Some people had issues with this in the Reedy race and most of them had the screw several turns too loose....
I read that they recommend to run the diff at 1/4 turn from dead stop. That is where I set mine...is this still what is recomended?? Also, is there some other test to perform to see if its adjusted properly?
Old 06-18-2007, 09:29 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grindog001

What is the problem with the servos? Are the holes in the chassis too close or something else?

thanks, john
The servo holes are in the correct location. Its the servo mounts them selves are too wide at the base for some servos and can not be moved in close enough to mount to the chassis. In other words the servo mounts need to be narrowed up but no new holes in the chassis are needed.

This only applies to a few servos. Some brands fit perfect like they are.

EA
Old 06-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Verndog
I read that they recommend to run the diff at 1/4 turn from dead stop. That is where I set mine...is this still what is recomended?? Also, is there some other test to perform to see if its adjusted properly?

you can put an allen wrench thru the spur to lock in down to the chassis and then hold one wheel and try to turn the other. the wheel should not spin. If it does then the diff is too loose. Do the same to the front.

E
Old 06-18-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

To check adjustment while diff is in car:
Hold left side tire and spur gear, and try to turn right tire by hand,(Considering the outdrives are plastic), the right side outdrive should not turn when considerable force is applied.

This doesn't mean try and turn as hard as you can until the plastic outdrive breaks.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Grindog001

thanks, john
I use JR servos. It mounted up with out issue. If you need to remove any material to get your servo's to fit take it off of the mounts vs. your servo or chassis.

E
Old 06-18-2007, 10:01 AM
Tech Rookie

TC5 wins in Europe: Juho wins Fintrack VI: results http://rc10.fi/index.php?topic=21969.0 and pictures http://www.prfoto.com/Tattarisuo_FTV...2007/index.htm
Old 06-18-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Differential

Hi,

I've just build my TC5 but I found three short outdrives and just one long outdrive:s:s:s
SO I cant build the two diffs!!
Does anywone also has this problem?
And does anywone know where I would find the spool kit or diff kit?
Old 06-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Stockman
Hi,

I've just build my TC5 but I found three short outdrives and just one long outdrive:s:s:s
SO I cant build the two diffs!!
Does anywone also has this problem?
And does anywone know where I would find the spool kit or diff kit?
I had basically the same problem except I had 5 b-cam holders and 3 a-cam holders.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mainracer
I just wanted to post on here since I have recently been added to the strong AE team and I will be here along with Brent, Rick, Walter, Brandon and EA to answer question you may have about the new car.

I just finished to build the car and I was impressed on how easy the car is to build and everything fits perfect. I can't wait to put the car on the track and have some time on it.

Congrats Keven...

And wish you good luck and success with your new team

-----

Ronald
CrazyRonny
www.crazyrcracing.com
[email protected]
Old 06-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Default this test always works's

Ya, Drive it
Old 06-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
The servo holes are in the correct location. Its the servo mounts them selves are too wide at the base for some servos and can not be moved in close enough to mount to the chassis. In other words the servo mounts need to be narrowed up but no new holes in the chassis are needed.

This only applies to a few servos. Some brands fit perfect like they are.

EA
The Futaba 9550 and the KO 2343 do not fit the kit mounts.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Default too funny

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Try making more constructive criticism , you only bashed, so try again...

Who stole Cherry handel
Old 06-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Does somebody know where I can find the spool kit or the Diff kit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.