Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 05:49 AM
Tech Adept

???? I dont drive i'm just the pit crew for my 11 yr old so when I make changes its tuff to get feedback his response usually is GOOD or BAD LOL. What effect does less castor or more castor have? And moving the rear hubs forward?

My pit crew skills are not up to his driving skills and just trying to understand what the changes do. Thanks
Old 01-02-2013, 05:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Casper- do you or Ryan use any extra wings on the back of the 22sct high flow body with this new setup?
Old 01-02-2013, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kuya_Kimo
Spring rate progression... it'll start softer then as the spring gets closer, the spring rate gets tighter. I have tried the Kyosho, Avid, AE spring, and the Losi buggy yellow works real well with this setup.Thanks Ryan!

On another note, I finally have a setup I like with a shorty running 17.5 at a very competitive track. Now only if my driving skills can match how good this truck feels...
Ok, great! I am going to my LHS today to buy paint for my body (I had to mow a few lawns to get enough doe together!) and I will order the buggy yellow and buggy white too. I think I'll order that 22 diff wrench, TiNi front king pin, and the rear outer pin that eliminates E-Clips.
I don't like e-clips, but i respect their function as they have earned it!
Especially on my XXX-SCT.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tekinACE
???? I dont drive i'm just the pit crew for my 11 yr old so when I make changes its tuff to get feedback his response usually is GOOD or BAD LOL. What effect does less castor or more castor have? And moving the rear hubs forward?

My pit crew skills are not up to his driving skills and just trying to understand what the changes do. Thanks
I'm still learning about the castor stuff, but I think moving the hubs forward (shorter wheelbase) gives you better forward bite, but less stability.
moving the hubs back (longer wheel base) gives you more stability, but less forward bite....
I think....
Old 01-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndrewTom
Hey Casper,
Why do you use the Buggy Yellow rear springs instead of the Truck Yellow rear spring on your set-up?
is the shorter spring softer?
Both springs are the same "spring rate" but this is only one characteristic of a spring. The shorter springs have a bit more of a progressive feel so they feel like they support the rear of the truck as it compresses a little better feeling kind of like an inbetween spring.

Originally Posted by hartsbootsman
Casper- do you or Ryan use any extra wings on the back of the 22sct high flow body with this new setup?
No extra wings on the body. Most places don't allow extra wings but we do see guys try them from time to time.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Casper
Both springs are the same "spring rate" but this is only one characteristic of a spring. The shorter springs have a bit more of a progressive feel so they feel like they support the rear of the truck as it compresses a little better feeling kind of like an inbetween spring.
okay, by in between do you mean its in between say the truck white and truck yellow? thats what I assume.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by AndrewTom
okay, by in between do you mean its in between say the truck white and truck yellow? thats what I assume.
See this chart.

http://www.tlracing.com/Content/Medi...ring_Guide.pdf
Old 01-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Initiate

hey casper just put ur set up and ryans setup on my truck my only differance is my pistons your running 2 hole at 1.5 and 1.6 i ordered the 2 hole assciated piston kit to have but will my 55 4 hole work on a high bite carpet
Old 01-02-2013, 09:39 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by losiracer120
hey casper just put ur set up and ryans setup on my truck my only differance is my pistons your running 2 hole at 1.5 and 1.6 i ordered the 2 hole assciated piston kit to have but will my 55 4 hole work on a high bite carpet
55 is similar to the 1.6. You should go to at least a 56 or a 57 up front if using 4 hole pistons. The two holes will have much better pack characteristics for your hard carpet landings. Other wise 4 holes have similar corner handling.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Tech Initiate

ok thank you im going to try your set up for tonights race here in my local race track....
Old 01-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Ryan and/or Casper, when you set the ride height on your trucks to 26.5mm, are you dropping the truck on surface from say around a foot, or are you just pushing down on the truck and checking it after it comes back up after it rebounds.

Doing it either ways results in completly different ride heights. Want to make sure I am doing it the same way you guys are doing it.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
Ryan and/or Casper, when you set the ride height on your trucks to 26.5mm, are you dropping the truck on surface from say around a foot, or are you just pushing down on the truck and checking it after it comes back up after it rebounds.

Doing it either ways results in completly different ride heights. Want to make sure I am doing it the same way you guys are doing it.
If your suspension is free it should not matter too much. We do drop the car 6 inches to a fool and let it settle and maybe tap the battery. Ride height should always be checked on a smooth flat surface like a glass counter top or similar as a towel or pit mat will be too grabby and with the tires not able to slide on the surface as the suspension moves you can get varying results as a resulte of that.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

love the avid slipper kit
Old 01-02-2013, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default how much slip

Originally Posted by Frank Root
I just put my 1.5mm in the left outdrive and turn my throttle trim up to the slowest cog free speed I can get, for about 3 minutes, tighten and repeat until I hit my setting. I'll do something like mount tires or build shocks while it runs.
Frank How much slip do you tend to run on a very loose/sandy hard packed track.
thanks
Tech
Old 01-02-2013, 11:19 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by acuratech
Frank How much slip do you tend to run on a very loose/sandy hard packed track.
thanks
Tech
How much slip for the slipper, or the diff?

I try to have my diff never slip. You shouldn't be able to count the feet the slipper slips, especially in those traction conditions. If you can, the slipper is likely too loose. I hold my back tires down, and punch full throttle. The front tires should come off the ground about 1" for SC, and 2-3" for truck and 2wd for standard running conditions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.