Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2001, 05:27 AM
Tech Regular

Well on Saturday 9-1, I've raced my T1 the first time, it was Mod. class, best lap time was 15.6 sec. , considering the fastest guy was 15 sec., the faster guy had ask me what car do I have? XRAY T1!, and what Mod. I'm using? The Fantom 13 turn triple! He mention that the car was pushing good power and pretty fast. I was either passing or keeping up on hotter mod's, but did not get a chance to keep the competition going, due to breaking right steering block ( I had replace it before next heat, but turn out bearing blew out on me . oh well i get them next race ). Here's my setup that change at the track.

Caster = stock setup 10 degrees
toe f/r = -1 / -2 degree
camber f/r = -1.5 / -2 degree
anti dive f/r = 3mm / 3mm
down stops f/r = +1mm / +5mm
shock lenght f/r = 67mm / 77mm
shock oil f/r = 20wt / 20wt trinity
ride height f/r= 4.5mm / 5.5mm
shock positions = f/r u-2 L-2 / u-2 L-1
camber link = #4 hole
oneway pulley = 10%
track width = 189mm
tires = Yokomo G138s, 24mm
inserts = Kawada soft med.
wheels = Yokomo dish 0 off set
motor = Fantom 13 turn triple
gearing = 32/78
air temp. 90 degrees

Track was very technical.

That's it guys good luck to your next races, i'll be racing again in two weeks.
Old 09-05-2001, 06:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm
I've got to admit that my car runs better (handling more predictable) when the diffs are slightly gritty than when they are super smooth! Maybe its just an excuse of mine to delay rebuilding the diffs!
Sometimes a bit lazy is good !
Old 09-06-2001, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I would not let my diff go like that. I would want it as smooth as possible and contaminant free. It's like running a motor over and over having not cut it at all.

Well, on the subject of gritty bearings, I dismantled my car to clean all the bearings and I have four that are excellent. They happen to be the four from the bulk head. The three of the four in the front steering blocks are pitted and the other remaining bearing are marginal. I will reuse the four that are smooth but thrash the others. I am waiting for my Acer order and I hope to be able to race this weekend.

I found two XRAYs for sale and will buy one of them. I will be able to run MOD and stock like I had planned to back in March. I do hope the options are released soon.

Last edited by RCCadet; 09-06-2001 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-07-2001, 04:40 AM
Tech Regular

I also would not let my diffs go gritty, i would keep the diffs as free of dust/debri, my bearing blew out on me cause was when i crashed and broke the steering block the bearing was jamed and twisted the seal was broken off. My car is ready for the next race that will be next Saturday.

And by the way, good luck to all T1 racing this weekend/or next weekend.
Old 09-07-2001, 09:52 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

It does depend on your definition of "gritty" I usually find my diffs starting to go gritty after about 6 packs (I always check with the wheel off because the diameter of the wheel can mask the feel!)
Old 09-07-2001, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just picked up another T1. I don't need the tools or setup stuff. If anyone knows anyone who wants to buy them let me know.
Old 09-07-2001, 08:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

I was at the Hobby show today and looked at the new parts and spoke with Birch sp??? about the parts. The upper carriers that will allow you to change dive angles were pretty trick. The rear camber link extender is also a good idea. I don't know why they didn't make that adjustable to begin with. Not real sold on the one belt prototype yet. It doesn't seem to wrap around the motor pulley enough. It is only on about 1/4 turn. He said it is very prototype and you could tell that.

His opinion was the car was very good on carpet with foams but was too tight with rubber on carpet. I hope that isn't the case. I should know in the next week. I have had this think since March and haven't run it yet.
Old 09-07-2001, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Single Belt Prototype.

New Chassis including the new optional parts.

Last edited by RCCadet; 09-07-2001 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-08-2001, 12:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by damo
I just picked up another T1. I don't need the tools or setup stuff. If anyone knows anyone who wants to buy them let me know.
Is there anymore X-Ray T1 Kits with Hudy-set Up combo out there?
I am assuming, the above quote that the T1 kit came with the Hudy set.
Old 09-08-2001, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

You might try your luck with Atomichobbies.com or Stormerhobbies.com.

Good Luck
Old 09-08-2001, 01:51 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

I like the look of that single belt design! Whether it works or not is another matter but definately worth trying!
Old 09-08-2001, 08:32 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That single belt setup seems interesting. It seems that it could have some real potential.

I think they should dump the battery on oneside thing though. They already have a good battery setup. Why change it?
Old 09-08-2001, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Darkside
That single belt setup seems interesting. It seems that it could have some real potential.

I think they should dump the battery on oneside thing though. They already have a good battery setup. Why change it?
this is a trend rather then a performance issue.
Old 09-08-2001, 09:07 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Manticore: excellent point!

It was a trend that I was hoping not everyone would follow.

I have question though. How will it work for the T1? Every other car that has the batteries in that setup has the motor mounted on the opposite side to help balance the chassis agaist the motor. Even with that setup, it doesn't balance out well with the new lighter electronics. It seems the T1 will be impossible to balance with the motor mounted right in the center, the batteries mounted on one side, and only the servo, light weight reciever, and a light weight speedcontrol to balance agaist the battery.

Has anyone else come to this conclusion after looking at the pictures?
Old 09-08-2001, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Darkside
Manticore: excellent point!

It was a trend that I was hoping not everyone would follow.

I have question though. How will it work for the T1? Every other car that has the batteries in that setup has the motor mounted on the opposite side to help balance the chassis agaist the motor. Even with that setup, it doesn't balance out well with the new lighter electronics. It seems the T1 will be impossible to balance with the motor mounted right in the center, the batteries mounted on one side, and only the servo, light weight reciever, and a light weight speedcontrol to balance agaist the battery.

Has anyone else come to this conclusion after looking at the pictures?
xray has some nicely made lead weight for the purpose of balancing the chassis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.