Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Soviet
Honestly, who cares about noise?!?!?

I WANT the belt-driven masses to hear my banshee approaching and quake with fear!

The louder the gear whine the better in my opinion...

WheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
That's cool. I would rather my motor's be what is heard
Old 12-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

Default My first experience with the TC4

I usually run dragsters so I am no expert with on-road cars. I've been playing around with VRC for a few months. It got me interested in on-road so I bought a TC4 Team kit. I finally got it all together about 4 hours before the race. No time to put it on a tweak board or set-up stand so I just eyeballed it. Then I got to the track late and only got 4 laps of practice. So I wasn't expecting much. To my suprise I won all the qualifiers by 2 laps Tq'd won the main by the same 2 laps and took fastest lap. I was running stock. I think the many hours I've spent with the VRC sim helped a bunch but this car is so sweet right out of the box. I checked the set-up when I got home and every wheels camber was different all the droops were different and I had one shock with too little oil in it. I immediatly ordered the factory team conversion and put that on tonight. I can't wait to see how it handles with a proper set-up on the car. All in all I think this is the perfect car for starting out in electric on-road. Its so forgiving, stable, and fast. Thanks AE couldn't ask for a better experience.

Griz
Old 12-15-2005, 06:10 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

The FT TC4 is a little more consistant for me vs the stock TC4. I really like the FT as it is very adjustable and I can use one car g\for all surfaces if I choose to run carpet. I mainly run asphalt but it will easily be adjustable over to carpet. We will see how good my TC4 is weekend as I go to a track this week with some faster guys and I can compare my laptimes at this track plus I know what times I ran when I had my Corally so it should be intersting.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:14 AM
Tech Champion

Lay the smack down on their candy asses
Old 12-15-2005, 06:17 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Will see what happens. I think most of the guys are funning their new 38's with the big voltage but I still need to use my 33's for another week or two and then I will be good to go. Still not a big deal if my car is dialed. I'm more intersted in my lap times and how consistant the car is at this point in time. I will be working on my car alot tonight and tommorrow.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Dude I'm telling you that batteries doesnt matter if you can drive that line!!! Schreff ran on 4 cells and only lost about 4 tenths. Your 3300's have to be better than a 4 cell pack
Old 12-15-2005, 09:04 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Yeah thats true. I did pick up my parts but I gave my buddy the wrong part number so no one way for me this weekend unless my buddy sees one at the hobbyshop he is going to today has one in stock. Oh well the spool will have to due this weekend.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:30 AM
Tech Champion

Try to find a center one way to try...I loved mine.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wyd
Yeah thats true. I did pick up my parts but I gave my buddy the wrong part number so no one way for me this weekend unless my buddy sees one at the hobbyshop he is going to today has one in stock. Oh well the spool will have to due this weekend.
mine will be in lancaster pa if you want it, and i have off all day friday. if you want you could just buy it off me too, its not like im going to run it at rco.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:39 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by corradopsi
mine will be in lancaster pa if you want it, and i have off all day friday. if you want you could just buy it off me too, its not like im going to run it at rco.
Hey thats an idea. I will buy it from you. I can meet with you Friday someplace. I'm not off work but since I do sales I can just setup an appointment and meet you. I can meet you down your way if you like. Maybe we can meet at B&B Yamaha in Lancaster. Not sure what time you will be up but they open at 10.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

What pitch pinions and spur should be used with a TC4? What range of pinions should be used?
Old 12-15-2005, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

pitch is totally your preference...

48 pitch tends to be more durable but make the transmission a bit louder.

64 pitch has smaller drive ratio differences between pinions so some like to use it to get "more" gearing options.

with 48P (72T SPur) i run 24-26 pinion in stock (monster based), 30-32 pinion in 19T (Reedy Quad-Mag), and 20-21 pinion with mods (Reedy Ti 8x2, Neo-star BL)

Last edited by AM03GT; 12-16-2005 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

hi, iam new to eletric racing. i just brought a tc4 , and starting to do sum carpet racing at my local club. iam using a core stock motor. what gearing should i use, as i think it got a bit hot.... wouldnt drive. like stuck soild let cool for a min and away it goes. so iam gathering my gearing is wrong. i got told when i rebuild the motor to use xxx outdoor brushes? good or bad.
so yeah just a few questions about gearing. thanks. iam currently using a 25th pinion. i guess it to big.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bummy
hi, iam new to eletric racing. i just brought a tc4 , and starting to do sum carpet racing at my local club. iam using a core stock motor. what gearing should i use, as i think it got a bit hot.... wouldnt drive. like stuck soild let cool for a min and away it goes. so iam gathering my gearing is wrong. i got told when i rebuild the motor to use xxx outdoor brushes? good or bad.
so yeah just a few questions about gearing. thanks. iam currently using a 25th pinion. i guess it to big.

64 pitch: 100 spur / 31/32/33/34 pinion

Brushes:Reedy767s

You'll be set...
Old 12-16-2005, 12:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wyd
Hey thats an idea. I will buy it from you. I can meet with you Friday someplace. I'm not off work but since I do sales I can just setup an appointment and meet you. I can meet you down your way if you like. Maybe we can meet at B&B Yamaha in Lancaster. Not sure what time you will be up but they open at 10.

YGPM with my number in it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.