Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Team 1 also sells very good "battery tape"
Old 10-04-2005, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Was he talking about the wheelbase position or the ball stud location?
For wheelbase you want to center the hub in the arm for "stock" wheelbase
Old 10-04-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

just what I was going to mention WH. Im sure you knew what he was asking. I just thought I'd check.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks Walter, Can you go over the changes in the ball stud inner vs outter for all of us. I believe I have an understanding but it would be nice to know for sure. maybe show when you would want to run one vs another

Thanks

Bob
Old 10-04-2005, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Rear Toe?

Walt
What total rear toe-in where you using at Vagas?
Did you use the square block or circle in the rear?
Also what rear toe block did you use?
Did you change rear toe as traction came up?
Old 10-04-2005, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

If using a vertical ballstud on the hub is a nice tunning option. It would be nice that AE makes one. I just do noy like to get my car dirty putting things on it (ie, Losi hubs)

I do know it would cost a mold base to get it done.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

I think 3 racing makes a rear hub that allows the ball stud to be mounted vertically but who would want to spend 30 bucks when you can spend 5
Old 10-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks again for all the info guys. More questions:

Walter:
1) what chassis stiffeners were used for your setup?
2) were you running any swaybar?

Last edited by seamus0g; 10-04-2005 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Any time frame when AE will post some of the driver set ups on thier website?
Old 10-04-2005, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
I think that Johnbull has his own issues with the car. The tape is just a side bar. Everything that I have seen since the car was release was how he hacked it all up to make it better. From what I know, they were really successful with the TC3. This is a different car. Maybe its no longer the car for him. Yeah I know...Im expecting all the comments. Hey Im just stating my opinion based on the facts that were in front of me. JohnBull. I wish you all the success in the world, but it sounds as if this is the wrong car for you. If you chose the Yok, I suggest you talk to Matt Howard. He will be able to help you get "up to speed" very quickly. If I were in your shoes....I would wait for the new Schumacher...it seems you do primarily rubber tire racing and in my opinion that car is going to be one to be wreckoned with.

now back to our regularly scheduled programming
Bob, sorry my friend, I think you've got your knickers in a bit of a twist. Far from hacking about with the TC4FT, I have never owned one yet. We did have an original TC4 and we got that to go extremely well - fastest TC4 at the recent KO Grand Prix at West London.

I then played with a BMI TC4 and just last Sunday my son broke his own lap record and the outright circuit record with the car, so it goes brilliantly too.

However, last week I received my first customer FT and have just finished building it. I am so impressed with the car that I have today ordered a further 2, one of which I plan to build for Josh to race this coming season, so let's get things straight - the TC3 was great, the TC4 was even better, and the FT is going to be even better still, despite the lack of a battery strap.

This does not however absolve AE from the ridiculous omission of a simple thing like a battery bar. It would make a brilliant car even better and noone would have anything to criticise.

Instead AE spoilt the proverbial ship for a halfpenny worth of tar. However I consider it such a good car that despite the misgivings it's still worth me making my own battery strap.

Hopefully that has got the record straight.

As for Yokomos, whilst I run AE cars for my son, I myself have always run Yokes for myself. The best of both worlds you could say !
Old 10-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Joe My apologies, Maybe the words hacked up the car were not the correct ones. My intentions were not malicious, I just wanted to point out that I thought maybe the issues were bigger than just a battery strap. Anyway its water under the bridge. As far as the battery strap, you really can't fault AE. They asked the racers what they wanted and they all said to tape their packs in. Also if you noticed Walter said its a FACTORY Team car...it is designed to replicate what the Factory drivers use. If you were to buy a Hara edition Pro 4 it would have exactally what he used.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Barry's set up from IIC is on the AE web site now.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Canto I know everyone is a firm believer in spools but I hate them. I switched from a spool to a center one way and was much faster. If you decide to run a spool get a few of them. They wear fast. You will also need a bunch of pin cushions...glue them into place. I know that all the guys who ran spools in our area were chewing up gears in the front gear box. Ring and pinion gears mostly. Spools can be faster but your equipment pays the price. I ran 3 weekends on 1 spool and it is worn, I had to replace my front input shaft, my rear input shaft, the front pin cushions, the center drive shaft pin cushions and a ceramic bearing went as well.

So like I said, Spools can be very fast but because there is no give in the transmission you will likely begin rejecting parts left and right.

If you want to be insanely fast...run front one way with center oneway. Its very fast but you have to stay on it or you will spin.
It's the first time I heard something about the cnter one way for a TC4!!??
Who make it Where can I buy it??
Old 10-05-2005, 05:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jodywk
Thanks!

Just use tape I think that now thinking about it. A strap could really tweak the car if the pack is not assembled correctly. I was shown the truth.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:08 AM
Tech Adept

It's the setup with Foam tyres but in France we run with Rubber tyres.
Someone knows the diffences between barrry's Foam/Rubber setup ?

Last edited by S_fender; 10-05-2005 at 08:40 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.