Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Walter, thanks for posting the setup.

So I've almost got the car ready... but speaking of battery tape, where is it available?

I tried the LHS and they don't carry it, then looked online and can't seem to find it. Years ago when running 1/12th I think I used Tamiya tape, but can't find any now. Who makes/sells it???

thx
Old 10-03-2005, 03:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

I use 3M fiber reinforced tape - available at any Home Depot, etc. I've used this stuff for years - no problems. I'm used to taping my batteries in my oval car so it doesn't bother me. Given the choice, I think I'd rather use the tape - it's lighter.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Here is a link for tape http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...?catmainid=327

Old 10-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Rebound on shocks

I read Walter's post about new Assoc. bladder caps and bladders with adjustable rebound. Can you adjust the rebound on the Yok bladder caps and bladders? And if you can what do you use for rebound?

Dave you have a pm.

Thanks guys and God Bless
Bryan
Old 10-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the tape suggestions.

Walter, what's the tuning purpose of running the Losi 1/2* hubs? Also, do you have the Losi part number?

Thanks Again!
Old 10-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

Was looking at Yokomo's web site and found this. Any idea if it will fit in a TC4?

Center One-Way Shaft
For the MR-4TC SD & DRIFT PACKAGE Series
Main drive shaft with a built-in one-way for improved steering response.

Coming soon! [TBA] [SD-644TS] $35.00
Old 10-04-2005, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by walterhenderson
And for those of you that would like the battery strap-- it was on display in Vegas, so it should be availble shortly.
PATHETIC.

Would somebody please explain to me how I strap my cells in QUICKLY during an endurance race, with tape ?

Sorry, the 100,000 or so enthusiasts that bought TC3 FTs were not all professionals, just like the thousands that are buying TC4 FTs right now are not.

My son is National champion - 7 times, but I still don't like to boast about us being professionals, and I still prefer using a battery strap on his cars.

Looks like, after 5 years with AE and 4 National Champs with AE we just may have to switch - not just because of battery straps either.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnbull
PATHETIC.

Would somebody please explain to me how I strap my cells in QUICKLY during an endurance race, with tape ?

Sorry, the 100,000 or so enthusiasts that bought TC3 FTs were not all professionals, just like the thousands that are buying TC4 FTs right now are not.

My son is National champion - 7 times, but I still don't like to boast about us being professionals, and I still prefer using a battery strap on his cars.

Looks like, after 5 years with AE and 4 National Champs with AE we just may have to switch - not just because of battery straps either.
I feel the same.

Last edited by RCknight; 10-04-2005 at 01:11 AM.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by johnbull
PATHETIC.

MALTA - population 398,534
SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA, USA - population 1,305,736
CALIFORNIA, USA - population 33,871,648

NATIONAL CHAMP. 7 TIMES. WOW. JUST DON'T GET COCKY.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:40 AM
imr
Tech Adept

When a new car comes out, many try to reinvent that car and do all sorts of modications to the car just to show what they can.

Now it seems that a battery strap gives so much problems....

If a battery strap is such an issue, then buy the blue carbon tc4 strap, shorten it, drill a new hole, buy yokomo bd battery posts. Assemble everything.

Or wait for a strap to come out.
Or just use tape.

ps: no flaming here, just my opinion.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default TRF shocks

just recieved my Tamiya shocks, using the 3 hole pistons and bladder. With the Ass. shocks I was running purple in the front and blue for carpet, should I go down 1 on the shock since I'm using the bladders" copper and blue"?
Old 10-04-2005, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by imr
If a battery strap is such an issue, then buy the blue carbon tc4 strap, shorten it, drill a new hole, buy yokomo bd battery posts. Assemble everything.

Or wait for a strap to come out.
Or just use tape.
Easier to just buy a Yokomo.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:26 AM
Tech Adept

WOW. Look at the venom being spit in every direction! LOVE guys LOVE. Geez.

WALTER: Thanks for the setup post, alot of guys have been asking for a recent foam setup.

BEERBARON: According to the description, it seems that part is designed for the Yok car, which is metric... so no the part shouldnt work. (metric bearings, metric layshafts, metric mainshaft cups...etc) The FTC4 is a good ole american standard machine.

About this battery strap thing... im not fond of taping batteries in place either, but have done it for some time now. There are alot of things that AE DID include that no other kit did, and the price is STILL hard to beat for what you get... Go through the individual parts listing pages for the FTTC4, and add each part in the kit at retail. That cost is close to what you pay to get everything you need to run an XRAYFK05 (BTW... you need to get a battery strap here too...its $50 bread). 160$ for a complete set of FK05 springs?! Ill chuck in the 25$ for an AE battery strap ANY day.

My two yen...

- DaveW
Old 10-04-2005, 05:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If you have such a problem with the FTTC4 you could always go BMI....oh wait I know I have heard that from somewhere before

and if you think that by going Yokomo you are getting the perfect car you are in for a fun ride. Face it. They all have flaws. I believe the Yok only comes with a oneway, Xray plastic shocks, 415 new car every 4 weeks, hmmm maybe Ill go Corally. havent heard anything bad about them yet
Old 10-04-2005, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by seamus0g
Thanks for the tape suggestions.

Walter, what's the tuning purpose of running the Losi 1/2* hubs? Also, do you have the Losi part number?

Thanks Again!

With the losi hubs --

1-- You can raise and lower the ballstud with out changing the camber link length.

2-- You can take more toe-in out.

Walter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.