Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 04:51 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Michael Deeger
Does anyone know if you can use piano wire to make sway bars for this car? Pease made new arms out of cutting boards.
Piano wire can be bent into most any shape, so yes if he has the spacial reasoning to figure out how the new sway bar needs to be shaped then it should be no problem. Also, that question has nothing to do with the D413 specifically.

Why are you asking all these questions for your friend, he's a big boy, he can ask himself.

He broke his center driveshaft input shaft and needs help. He's thinking of replacing the ring and pinion gears with ones from the b44. Does anyone know if they will fit?
Well, being that the B44 uses standard bearings and the D413 uses metric bearings, the B44 has center CVA's and the D413 has dog bones, and that literally none of the dimentions between the two cars would be the same, I would say no.

It could have been a manufacturing defect, but if your friend tries to use his D413 as a wrecking ball, then that is probably why the part broke. Even though the newest generation of 4wd buggies are more durable, if you continuously smash them off every solid object, they will break.

Look at the aftermath that SCT's have wrought.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:12 PM
Tech Rookie

You are wrong. Pease is breaking the shields off his bearings
Old 06-23-2015, 08:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Anyone know if you can pack the bearings with Crisco?
Old 06-23-2015, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My name is Micahel Deeger and my friend Michael Pease bought one of these cars....what does he need to do?
Michael pease broke his input shaft
He broke his center driveshaft input shaft and needs help. He's thinking of replacing the ring and pinion gears with ones from the b44. Does anyone know if they will fit?
Does anyone know if you can use piano wire to make sway bars for this car? Pease made new arms out of cutting boards.
You are wrong. Pease is breaking the shields off his bearings
Trolling much? If you drive as good as you troll, I'm staying away from the pits.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

I hear ambergris works better for packing bearings than crisco.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:38 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Seriously

Are you being serious?
Old 06-23-2015, 09:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

LOL Yes i'm serious, i don't clean or bag my freaking tires. I've been racing for 21 years. I'll take a brush to them if they get cogged. But seriously you guys must love wasting your time. The only tires i take time to clean and put away are my foams for dirt oval. Other wise your basic rubber tire is going to do just fine left out.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apexracing
LOL Yes i'm serious, i don't clean or bag my freaking tires. I've been racing for 21 years. I'll take a brush to them if they get cogged. But seriously you guys must love wasting your time. The only tires i take time to clean and put away are my foams for dirt oval. Other wise your basic rubber tire is going to do just fine left out.
For indoor clay track racing, it makes a big difference. To each their own though. If what you do, works for you, that all that matters.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by moto67e
For indoor clay track racing, it makes a big difference. To each their own though. If what you do, works for you, that all that matters.
I run off road out doors. On a big semi dusty clay track. But seriously i know some tracks are pretty wet and tires will clog pretty quickly and you might have to wash them out. But our track is usually dusty or loomy clay. Lots of grip with the right tires. But tires here really don't need to be washed. I race often enough to use up a super soft tire in a couple of seasons. So honestly i'm not worried about getting max life out of my tire.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I run off road out doors. On a big semi dusty clay track. But seriously i know some tracks are pretty wet and tires will clog pretty quickly and you might have to wash them out. But our track is usually dusty or loomy clay. Lots of grip with the right tires. But tires here really don't need to be washed. I race often enough to use up a super soft tire in a couple of seasons. So honestly i'm not worried about getting max life out of my tire.
Totally understand. I race at OC/RC and we go through tires a lot faster, so we do what we can to maximize the life of them.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

But seriously... how am I wasting my time by scrubbing my tires for the next round, LOL To each their own I guess.

On another note, I've been having a lot of fun racing this buggy outdoors on a couple 1/8 sized tracks. It's been handling the tracks
awesome and almost at times seems to be more fun driving outdoors then indoors. Although atleast with Indoors I only need one set of tires, LOL. Plus I didn't have to change much for running outdoors either.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by snwchris
But seriously... how am I wasting my time by scrubbing my tires for the next round, LOL To each their own I guess.

On another note, I've been having a lot of fun racing this buggy outdoors on a couple 1/8 sized tracks. It's been handling the tracks
awesome and almost at times seems to be more fun driving outdoors then indoors. Although atleast with Indoors I only need one set of tires, LOL. Plus I didn't have to change much for running outdoors either.
Because unless your treads getting clogged with clay, or you have lap times to prove its faster. I think its a waste. Any ways i run on a 1/8 sized track as well, and the d413 handles it very well. I run the j concepts flip outs and they grip extremely well outdoors. I'm running a fantom 10.5 with the premium motor, and a tekkie rs in blinky. I think i might try adding some boost this week and see how it handles it.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Because unless your treads getting clogged with clay, or you have lap times to prove its faster. I think its a waste. Any ways i run on a 1/8 sized track as well, and the d413 handles it very well. I run the j concepts flip outs and they grip extremely well outdoors. I'm running a fantom 10.5 with the premium motor, and a tekkie rs in blinky. I think i might try adding some boost this week and see how it handles it.
We run slicks and if you don't clean them you just do donuts
Old 06-24-2015, 08:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
We run slicks and if you don't clean them you just do donuts
Yup see now that makes perfect sense.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Yup see now that makes perfect sense.
That being said, when I ran outdoors. I cleaned my tires and car between rounds. Did it make it faster...no. But in doing so, I often find loose screws, cracked parts, tires coming unglued and more. Just part of my routine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.