Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by skypilot
hey Rich, I was using xray cst 650 shock oil in mine at Reedy, on a low traction track it will be loose, but high bite it is ok, and when you get used to it, steal Jeffs gear diff, put 50,000 in it, and put it in the front of your car thats for low traction, I haven't done high traction yet, but I'm thinking at 100k or more that. I should have ran that at Reedy, IT IS FREAKING AWESOME.
Ritchie,
I tried it last night on a low bite track,(speedworld) it was a bit loose when we started,,,,after the sun went down and the bite came up under the lights, the car worked very well. i am putting a VTA car together, (MI-4LP) i think I will try gear diffs front and rear and see how it goes!

Rich
Old 06-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Addict

Ritchie,
when I first put the gear diff together, it leaked....i tried your suggestion, and sealed it with the silicone gasket sealer,,,works great, doesnt leak anymore and is as smooth as melted butter.....
Old 06-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop
Ritchie,
when I first put the gear diff together, it leaked....i tried your suggestion, and sealed it with the silicone gasket sealer,,,works great, doesnt leak anymore and is as smooth as melted butter.....
Your car is super dialed! I cant believe how much better the CX works from the LP.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Your car is super dialed! I cant believe how much better the CX works from the LP.
Brandon,

thanks for the kind words. the car works so much better, it is unbelieveable. thanks for helping me last night

rich
Old 06-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by caltek1
with the slider removed
Did you remove the entire slider, or just the black ring? I'm using the gray plastic slider insert, just without the black aluminum ring that goes around the outside.

-Mike
Old 06-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hello Mike,

When I tested the MI4LP universals with the Schui oil gear diff, I tried with and without the black slider. After a quick appraisal I decided it was easier to just build the oil gear diff and purchase the MI4Cx universals.

So my MI4LP runs the Cx rear universals and Schui oil gear diff with the black sliders. This works and I have stronger rear uni's.

However from what I am reading here, I should build my Cx as it will be faster with higher corner speeds. I have just been lazy as my MI4LP has been working well.

I will look into the option of using the standard universals just in case I damage what I have.

Thank you,

Calvin.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by caltek1
Hello Mike,

When I tested the MI4LP universals with the Schui oil gear diff, I tried with and without the black slider. After a quick appraisal I decided it was easier to just build the oil gear diff and purchase the MI4Cx universals.

So my MI4LP runs the Cx rear universals and Schui oil gear diff with the black sliders. This works and I have stronger rear uni's.

However from what I am reading here, I should build my Cx as it will be faster with higher corner speeds. I have just been lazy as my MI4LP has been working well.

I will look into the option of using the standard universals just in case I damage what I have.

Thank you,

Calvin.
the reason the car works so well,(in my opinion) is the front diff/with the sliders and the new front axles. with the MI-4 (and every other Schuie i have owned) the drive train slows the car down when cornering. with the new front spool/axles/sliders on the front, the car doesnt slow down, and the corner speed is outstanding. also, the car is so easy to drive fast, it isnt on the edge.

you may want to replace the front spool, and axles/universals and try that. also, the chassis is narrower, that may have a rolein things as well.

rich
Old 06-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

where are you guys at on the gear diff shimming?

i use schumacher 70w. and run mod, 6.5 fully tekin boosted/turbo'd

started with .2 on the inside, and .1 on the outside--it eventually stripped after about 4 full day of racing.....now i have all 4 shims (.2 and .1 on each end) on the inside, none on the outside.

anybody else going to Jackson for the onroad nats?
Old 06-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hello all again,
I asked my LHS to order in some long front arms for my Mi4LP and they came back to me saying they cannot find a part no# for long arms. I've look as well and no luck. Are long arms a Mi3 part? Can anyone help me with part no#?

Thanks in advance,
Michael.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WildManDriving
Hello all again,
I asked my LHS to order in some long front arms for my Mi4LP and they came back to me saying they cannot find a part no# for long arms. I've look as well and no luck. Are long arms a Mi3 part? Can anyone help me with part no#?

Thanks in advance,
Michael.
http://www.racing-cars.com/images/Te...exploded_L.pdf

I don't think Schui stocks all the long ones anymore, though.

If you go to www.racing-cars.com, click Vintage Car Parts, click Mi-4, and then Suspension.

-Mike
Old 06-24-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I checked the shuie site, Mi3, Mi3.5, and all the Mi4s nothing listed,

checked stormers and Amain, nothing listed, its as fit they quit making the long front arm.

You could try calling shuie direct.

I have a few left but apparently I need to keep those.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Looks like you're correct and they don't have the long fronts any more. If they don't have them, then I think your only chance is shops that still have old stock, as it is VERY unlikely (read nil chance!) that they will make them again.

I'll try and dig out the part number, as I do have some arms somewhere NIP.

Note - if you can find Mi2 EC fronts, they are the same length, and just a little less beefy.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattW
Looks like you're correct and they don't have the long fronts any more. If they don't have them, then I think your only chance is shops that still have old stock, as it is VERY unlikely (read nil chance!) that they will make them again.

I'll try and dig out the part number, as I do have some arms somewhere NIP.

Note - if you can find Mi2 EC fronts, they are the same length, and just a little less beefy.
And the sway bars won't work.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Correct - but that can be resolved with a 2.5mm drill
Old 06-26-2011, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thank you for the help guys though I have now changed so many settings and confused myself. What setup sheet should I go back to for MuchMore 32V on low traction outdoor Tarmac both tight and open.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.