Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default Re: STS MOTOR

Originally posted by Slotmachine
Just remember, you get what you pay for!!!!!!!!!

A fool and his money are soon parted.

You may get what you pay for, but in the STS, its almost half the price of Nova based engines. When you add to that the very cheep rebuild price, you can have a D3 and rebuild it 3 times before you have spent the same ammount on a nova.

Sure, the STS might not last as long, but actuall running cost is much less. And, open up the exhaust port a little and you have yourself a very inexpensive competative club engine.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default My new MTX-3

Hi guys,
now I'm the proud owner of the best touring car MTX -3. I'm half way done builkding it but I think I've done something very wrong. Everything was fine until i put the upper deck. It doesn't align with the holes. I think I have tweak the chassis but I don't know how I did it and can I fix it any help is highly appreciated.
Old 12-13-2003, 01:33 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: STS MOTOR

Originally posted by sparksy
A fool and his money are soon parted.

You may get what you pay for, but in the STS, its almost half the price of Nova based engines. When you add to that the very cheep rebuild price, you can have a D3 and rebuild it 3 times before you have spent the same ammount on a nova.

Sure, the STS might not last as long, but actuall running cost is much less. And, open up the exhaust port a little and you have yourself a very inexpensive competative club engine.
Your very much right there mate.
I just got my STS D5. But i havent ran it yet.
What i want to see is the D5 WOOP my JP S3s Ass. That will show NOVAROSSI
Old 12-13-2003, 02:29 AM
Tech Regular

I Have 2 things to Say about STS Motors and D3 Best Customer Service Bar None! Dino Lee@STS(dino.tw) Will Make Every effort in his Means to take care of you and your engine. #2 D3 is wayyy more powerful then my near rookie hands can handle properly.
Now for a Question. is the 19/16T side belt config the way to go for better handling? I set my MTX3 up according or at least as I saw to Stock set up but have alot of problems keeping control(spinout) The Rear tires wear ALOT more then the fronts.Still haven't hit anything nor broke any stock parts other then front and rear belt wear. Which I attribute to lot abuse....Now I have a Lot Car (Prime12) so my MTX3 is a Track only Car and my RC10GT Goes back to Dirt only chores.
Old 12-13-2003, 02:37 AM
Tech Addict

Which I attribute to lot abuse....Now I have a Lot Car (Prime12) so my MTX3 is a Track only Car and my RC10GT Goes back to Dirt only chores. [/B][/QUOTE]

Im runing the same setup man MTX-3 track only car. And the old TG-10 comes in to play when im at home. lol
Old 12-13-2003, 02:41 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: My new MTX-3

Originally posted by Speed De
Hi guys,
now I'm the proud owner of the best touring car MTX -3. I'm half way done builkding it but I think I've done something very wrong. Everything was fine until i put the upper deck. It doesn't align with the holes. I think I have tweak the chassis but I don't know how I did it and can I fix it any help is highly appreciated.
When I put mine together I seem to remember getting confused on the servo placement and having a prob there too. I Don't remember exactly what it was but check the servo mounts.It was the steering servo mount instructions that were a little cloudy. That was a very nice thing about the kit if it didn't fit it was wrong.
Everything fits right if its done right. Check the Mugen site for pics to compare how it looks when its right and make sure yours looks the same. Good Luck its a Great Kit!
Old 12-13-2003, 02:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Thunder racer
Im runing the same setup man MTX-3 track only car. And the old TG-10 comes in to play when im at home. lol
Yeah after one time at the Lot Had to get something else to bash Couldn't bear to see that abuse on this ride. My Rc10 Runs Great in the lot with Street tires but it Spends too much time 180Deg. Horizontial and it loves the dirt.Are you running the stock 24/19T side pulleys or the 19/16T with your MTX3?
Old 12-13-2003, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: My new MTX-3

Everything was fine until i put the upper deck. It doesn't align with the holes. I think I have tweak the chassis but I don't know how I did it and can I fix it any help is highly appreciated.
All the stock MTX3 chassis I've seen have some bow at the rear end, but up to a point that holes couldn't be aligned properly sounds me real bad... have possibility of posting a photo of your car with the misalignment? could be a real help.

But as a quick tip, disassemble the rear end and check double time that everything is correctly assembled, specially the center pod/center bulkehad that supports the radio tray to the chassis, probably you have mounted in a wrong direction....
Old 12-13-2003, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Motorman
I do plan to buy a snake this year but the mugen stays untill I decide which I like better and maybe still. The snake looks good but the parts cost and availibility is a hard sell for me. we'll have to see if its all its hyped up to be. on the other hand you cant deny the ntc3 gets it on pretty good as you have shown us (I personally could not get diffs to live more than 15 minutes(pre white gears)caused me serious headaches at the nats in 2001)but I think the mugen can hang just fine once you figure it out. It took me a while to get mine in the sweet spot for gearing at a track as big as joyce.
Dennis... not for putting in your pants, but if you feel fine with the Mugen, why to risk with a new car, specially when yourself told that parts price and availability is a concern for you? The best car with a poor parts support is a POS... no matter if is a Snake, AE, Mugen, .... Readed your pain with the NTC3 and when you switched too Mugen felt satisfied with it. So... why to risk into another nightmare?

Regarding gearing, felt strange until I switched to 0.8 gearing, then I found the right gearing for me on my local track (900Ft with >200Ft of backstraight and ample turns with a pair of very tight hairpins.... very complicated to find a suitable gearing for the 90% of the track ).
Old 12-13-2003, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

how about the tuning of the sts guys?
buying a motor with a junk carburetor like the sirio worries me. ive always used a novarossi and bought a sirio to try it out and it was a very big mistake. it was very inconsistent and hard to tune compared to novarossis.
when i buy the sts, i don't want to be in the same boat again.

Old 12-13-2003, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by Fisher890
I Have 2 things to Say about STS Motors and D3 Best Customer Service Bar None! Dino Lee@STS(dino.tw) Will Make Every effort in his Means to take care of you and your engine. #2 D3 is wayyy more powerful then my near rookie hands can handle properly.
Now for a Question. is the 19/16T side belt config the way to go for better handling? I set my MTX3 up according or at least as I saw to Stock set up but have alot of problems keeping control(spinout) The Rear tires wear ALOT more then the fronts.Still haven't hit anything nor broke any stock parts other then front and rear belt wear. Which I attribute to lot abuse....Now I have a Lot Car (Prime12) so my MTX3 is a Track only Car and my RC10GT Goes back to Dirt only chores.
the 16/19 conversion will make the car handle more consistently. you will not put alot of stress on the front belt also compared to the stock side configuration.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

My problem is not that they don't align at all but if I put the upper deck from the front end the back sticks up and if I put the back end first it aligns but the front right side of the upper deck sticks up and i have to push it in place(than it aligns). I really don't know what I have done wrong. The center pod is mounted correctly. Also the front and rear wheel axles have quite a bit of play. I think that it is because the suspension is still too wide and the dogbones don't push them out enough just a thought. I am sure that these problems are from me because nobody seems to have them. Does the kit come with tires or not. Mine came without but with a header and a air filter.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

the front left side sticks up
Old 12-13-2003, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

My problem is not that they don't align at all but if I put the upper deck from the front end the back sticks up and if I put the back end first it aligns but the front right side of the upper deck sticks up and i have to push it in place(than it aligns). I really don't know what I have done wrong. The center pod is mounted correctly. Also the front and rear wheel axles have quite a bit of play. I think that it is because the suspension is still too wide and the dogbones don't push them out enough just a thought. I am sure that these problems are from me because nobody seems to have them. Does the kit come with tires or not. Mine came without but with a header and a air filter.
Try to loosen all the screws on the front axle and rear axle and see if this aligns a little more the car... probably your chassis is badly tweaked (sh*t happens...) and tighten the screws gradually to see if helps to align all the holes.

Set your track width to 194 - 196mm and put some o-rings on the front outdrives to help with the dogbone play. I usually run mine car in those widths and never had a problem from I switched to this width.

Mine kit came with tyres (37sh GRP foams) and came with a manifold, but was very very crappy that chokes the exhaust of the engines and is very delicate... switch to a more quality manifold if plan to use 2pc. exhausts.

None car is perfect, but with some thinking made mine car much better and more suited to mine personal ideas of the 'perfect car'.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think I found the problem. I started taking the battery, servos and etc one by one. The problem continued to occur until I took the tank off I still dont't know why but it is the reason of my problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.