Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
$74+ shipping if it is dead.

if hairy updated your esc that was working fine and he updated other esc that he got than i would say there is a problem with the version he is using.try a different 212 pc and re install it with a factory reset
Did that. Thats what I was originally thinking. I was hoping mine was not fried. I did factory reset and the re-updated with my known good install.

For me...I realize these things happen. I have never had a failure yet with any Tekins. I love mine. Thats why i threw my fried one aside and went and grabbed a new one.

Do you need to get an RA number#?
Old 12-05-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

contact tekin first. than you get a ra number.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

yes you need a ra#,just pm randy that way there you can get it ready faster than calling
Old 12-05-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toptek
no it is not your setup.
as your clubmembers run the same setup withoud problems, than there is something els.
do you use the same radio settings fir the throttle?

as they send you a new one. update it withe the v208 or v203.
there is something outside the speedo that causes tge problems.
as you use a speedo from someone els and the same thing happens than is it not the speedo.
open your reciever and clean it. there can be durt in it. this can cause problems for signall and speedo.
it costed me 2 lrp speedo's.
so check everything around your speedo. also your servo and wires.
there is something els than the setup or speedo.

still would i go for an other setup.
I recall reading a while ago when those lrp motors came out that they could not take the amount of timing like the other motors. I thought a lot of guys were actually cooking the motors because they tried to use their traditional timing.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jmackani
I recall reading a while ago when those lrp motors came out that they could not take the amount of timing like the other motors. I thought a lot of guys were actually cooking the motors because they tried to use their traditional timing.
they run with a verry high gearing.
i go for lower timing and lower gearing.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Champion

Here is the thread that I recalled it from: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...rning-lrp.html
Old 12-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by toptek
use an other motor as you get a new speedo.
ask if tekin will test the speedo for you.
++1

You use another motor besides the lrp when you get the new speedo and see if that lasts for an entire night. I think from what has been posted, you always seem to the use the lrp first and then have problems and then go to other motors. I think the speedo is already messed up from the the lrp and the other motors are not going to change that problem.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Adept

Here is the thread that I recalled it from: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...rning-lrp.html
this was with the spx.
you can run with a high boost but than you need to gear it extream light and use a wider rpm range.
i would go for a low boost and a heavier gearing.
the motor runs better that way.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

++1

You use another motor besides the lrp when you get the new speedo and see if that lasts for an entire night. I think from what has been posted, you always seem to the use the lrp first and then have problems and then go to other motors. I think the speedo is already messed up from the the lrp and the other motors are not going to change that problem.

If it is the motor as you all seem to think then why did it run great with the same motor for two months and 6 races and when I changed to V212 it all goes bad?

20Smoke this is why I wanted to talk one on one with someone who is familiar with Tekin products, Several pages of posts and nothing firm resolved.I keep explaining the same thing over and over and gatting no where.
as far a trying a different motor I don't have another 17.5 to race with and dropping another $85.00 for testing purposes won't fly.
I have $200.00 + wrapped up in a system that from March of this year has been plaqued with problems, first off the speedo would lose top end after two minutes in to the run, and that was a speedo problem that was taken care of by a replacement, now this problem AFTER I updated to V212.

I am wasting my time here on this forum and Tekin techs aren't available to talk to me in person, as I have asked to speak with one and they have not called be back since over a week ago.
I'm tired of Tekin equipment being this way and Tried of fighting to race a toy car. I am NOW very sorry that I made this purchase. I'm locked in as I can't afford another system and this one seems to not want to work!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Harry the guys at Tekin are always ready to talk to anyone having an issue. If you're trying to call during the weekend nobody is working.

Like I said you're more than welcome to call me so I can help you as well. I also don't work on the weekends(most of the time) 208 968 2823

You keep saying the same thing and so do we. Yes a bad motor can kill a speedo, it happens.

212 has nothing to do with this "failure." I've already suggested that since this is a 1s application you need to try using a 2s lipo to supply the esc with power.

Also unplug all other components from the receiver: servo, p/t, etc.

From the sounds of it you stil have an issue where the booster/rx pack is not supplying enough voltage for the RS to perform a motor test. I'd wager at this point it's not the motor.

We have been seeing a ton of bad rx packs, boosters,etc. It's not always the esc. IF you're group is all using "similiar" setups I'd like someone to hook up the RS's normally in a non 1s application.

I realize you're frustrated. However you haven't spoken to anyone at Tekin according to your posts. Please call me Monday.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

I would send the lrp back and say that it has been blowing up escs ask them to check it for you see if you can get a report on the motor,the motor may have been on the way out before you changed and just decided to go at the point you changed over.
Or see if tekin will repair the esc then ask if you can borrow a motor of someone at your track but do not install the lrp just incase it is faulty.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Quietman
I would send the lrp back and say that it has been blowing up escs ask them to check it for you see if you can get a report on the motor,the motor may have been on the way out before you changed and just decided to go at the point you changed over.
Or see if tekin will repair the esc then ask if you can borrow a motor of someone at your track but do not install the lrp just incase it is faulty.

The motor runs great on my other speedo that is NOT a Tekin.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Randy I know no one is working on the weekends i'm not that stupid. I said I called over a week ago and had to leave a message and noone has called me back.

If the motor is bad then why does it run perfectly on old LRP speedo?

this is why I am frustrated page and page of posts and I am still repeating my self.
I called you if you will remember and after a very brief conversation, at 11 am your time, you said send it back and we will replace it.

AND THIS IS A 2S APPLICATION AS I HAVE STATED BEFORE>
Old 12-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Adept

on old speedo's motors will run that are not always ok.
this because they don't use advanced timing. in dual mode or sensorless the motor will run perfect on the tekin.

call randy. he wants to help you but than you must call him up.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Harry the guys at Tekin are always ready to talk to anyone having an issue. If you're trying to call during the weekend nobody is working.

Like I said you're more than welcome to call me so I can help you as well. I also don't work on the weekends(most of the time) 208 968 2823

You keep saying the same thing and so do we. Yes a bad motor can kill a speedo, it happens.

212 has nothing to do with this "failure." I've already suggested that since this is a 1s application you need to try using a 2s lipo to supply the esc with power.

Also unplug all other components from the receiver: servo, p/t, etc.

From the sounds of it you stil have an issue where the booster/rx pack is not supplying enough voltage for the RS to perform a motor test. I'd wager at this point it's not the motor.

We have been seeing a ton of bad rx packs, boosters,etc. It's not always the esc. IF you're group is all using "similiar" setups I'd like someone to hook up the RS's normally in a non 1s application.

I realize you're frustrated. However you haven't spoken to anyone at Tekin according to your posts. Please call me Monday.
I don't think customer service gets any better than this!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.