Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toptek
no it is not your setup.
as your clubmembers run the same setup withoud problems, than there is something els.
do you use the same radio settings fir the throttle?

as they send you a new one. update it withe the v208 or v203.
there is something outside the speedo that causes tge problems.
as you use a speedo from someone els and the same thing happens than is it not the speedo.
open your reciever and clean it. there can be durt in it. this can cause problems for signall and speedo.
it costed me 2 lrp speedo's.
so check everything around your speedo. also your servo and wires.
there is something els than the setup or speedo.

still would i go for an other setup.
You know I have done all of that and the only constant is that ALL three of the sppedos have been on V212. I don't have access to V208 now. I tried to load V208 in this last speedo but Tekin no longer is giving access to the old programs and I don't have it.
The same set of parameters ie:radio, receivers, wires and all, work on my LRP without a problem, but on V212 on a Tekin the speedo developes this problem after a few runs.

I don't know what you mean as he same settings for throttle, mine is set up as the manual requires. I don't have any outlandish settings for dual rate ,epa, response, speed, etc....
Old 12-05-2010, 01:16 AM
Tech Adept

is the speedo that you baarowed smoked or dit it only not run the motor untill you pushed it?
if so put it in an other car and see if the problems are there.

you don't have to set the th settings on your radio to 95 calibrate it and setting it to 120.
just set it to 100 calibrate it and set it to 110 if you want. it' more than enough.

dit you open your reciever to see if er is durt in?
Old 12-05-2010, 03:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hairy
I know it's in the speed because one I used last weekend (from a friend) has also gone the same way.
That tells me that it isn't the speedo. If it is speedo-related, something in 212 is causing problems in your certain situation. Try to put the speedo in another guy's car and let him run it with his EXACT settings, and see if there is a problem.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:43 AM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairy
You know I have done all of that and the only constant is that ALL three of the sppedos have been on V212. I don't have access to V208 now. I tried to load V208 in this last speedo but Tekin no longer is giving access to the old programs and I don't have it.
The same set of parameters ie:radio, receivers, wires and all, work on my LRP without a problem, but on V212 on a Tekin the speedo developes this problem after a few runs.

I don't know what you mean as he same settings for throttle, mine is set up as the manual requires. I don't have any outlandish settings for dual rate ,epa, response, speed, etc....
several people have had trouble with wandering neutral points. this is why Randy asked you to set the neutral width back up to 56. you did not indicate whether you tried this.

also you have not indicated that the start up sequence succeeds. when the speedo powers up it goes thru a sequence of chimes, you can hear the difference between a succesful one and a failed one.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Yes I have reset the Neutral witdh to the requested setting and yes the Speedcontroller goes thru the normal "chimes" when powered up.Still no change.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by toptek
is the speedo that you baarowed smoked or dit it only not run the motor untill you pushed it?
if so put it in an other car and see if the problems are there.

you don't have to set the th settings on your radio to 95 calibrate it and setting it to 120.
just set it to 100 calibrate it and set it to 110 if you want. it' more than enough.

dit you open your reciever to see if er is durt in?
The spreedo borrowed has to sent it to be replaced as it is doing the same thing to other motors the fellow has, it now dosen't work correctly.

Let me add this, I have been in this hobby since the early 1990's, so I am not a newb when it comes to this stuff,but this has me truly baffled. I had no problems with either my speedo or the borrowed one untill I updated to V212. I not saying that this is the problem BUT it is the only common factor in all of this.As tekin will not give access to V208 I don't have a way to check that variable

I have done both of the recalibrating techniques and the problem is still there.

The receiver is brand new and yes I cleaned it with an air hose after opening.
The speedo will light up like normal when the throttle is depressed but won't turn the motor, if I pull the sensor cable out it will turn over, and yes I have tried 6 different sensor cables.

Last edited by hairy; 12-05-2010 at 06:24 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

Hi
Is it a current version of the 212 as there was a problem with it over the first weekend it was available?

Have you checked the hot wire after it fails to see if has your own settings in still?
Old 12-05-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Hairy I've helped you before.

There should be 6 positions not 5. This is from the rotor finding it's place in between the 3 "slots" of the motor on the N/S of the rotor.

That being said if the motor will not start from a stop I'd wager you have a bad sensor board in the motor since you've swapped harness's.

You also have a bit too much timing for the setup. You should try your boost around 45 and turbo around 10. This of course will not fix your issues.

I would like to see you try setting your start rpm to 5442 and end to 20,000 to see if this changes anything.

Have you used the RS's sensor checker feature to verify you're getting all 3 led's to cycle on/off?
I want to add something else here that seems very very odd. After Hairy fist speed control burnt up, I let him use my back-up RS so he could race. This back-up speedo came straight from my SCT that was running fine. Hairy proceeds to put in my back-up speedo and asks if i would like for him to update it to 212. I told him yes. We wired it in for him and im guessing after 5 packs...same issue. I was there to see him try multiple sensor wires and multiple motors from different MFG.

I thought maybe it was something in his receiver or radio since we tried different motors and sensor wires so I was not worried that something had happened to my back-up RS.

Fast forward to last night. I went to put my RS that Hairy gave back to me in my WGT and same problem from the get go. Lights of death! Well, luckily i race for Nexus and just pulled out a new RS Pro and I have no problems.

I go ask Hairy if his New Speedo that Tekin sent was having any problems and he said no. This was short lived because after 4 packs...same issue again.

I can not figure out what in the world is going on with his set-up tht is causing this. I just wanted to shed some light on this to see if anyone might have a reason for this happening. Im sure he is getting frustrated.

Oh ya...one more thing. Since my RS is fried now. What is the repair cost for these things. It's way out of warranty, but I still need a back-up.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Adept

Hairy

Your understandably frustrated here. It seems you must have some sort of electronics issue outside of the speedo as other users just don't have these same repeated issues.

Have you checked your voltage cap and voltage booster connections? We had a guy in our club display very similar issues to yours and he had a problem with one of the pins in his plug on his booster. Several of us had bought some of the "cheap" voltage Boosters that come from our good friends in China. The wires were shortened to save weight and new pins and plug installed on the end. After a period of use, one of the pins developed a weak connection and the same type issues to yours began taking place.

What type voltage booster are you using? Go through it and check it out.

Another related issue is the Booster itself. One group of boosters we got in our club from "China" were found to have a minimum input voltage of 3.7v. We had a bunch of issues and that was the cause. If you talk with anyone that has used a data logger you will find that there are many voltage dips down into the 3.40's in spec mode 17.5 and a bit below the 3.30 mark for more powerful setups. This is why the No$#% Boosters were failing as well (3.3v cutoff).

Point is - your booster circuit will lead to a lot of these type problems if it not addressed with the proper parts or regular checks of the electrical connections.

My guess would be booster circuit or radio setup.

hope you get it sorted out!
Old 12-05-2010, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Was it the same motor he has been running?

If it was the same i would semd it back to your lrp disributer to be checked you never know?

Last edited by Quietman; 12-05-2010 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Extra
Old 12-05-2010, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Quietman
Hi
Is it a current version of the 212 as there was a problem with it over the first weekend it was available?

Have you checked the hot wire after it fails to see if has your own settings in still?
my settings are still there and it is as current as a month ago.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Was it the same motor he has been running?
He used LRP and I use D3, but we did try other known good motors.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames
He used LRP and I use D3, but we did try other known good motors.
Before or after the rs went wrong?
Old 12-05-2010, 07:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames
I want to add something else here that seems very very odd. After Hairy fist speed control burnt up, I let him use my back-up RS so he could race. This back-up speedo came straight from my SCT that was running fine. Hairy proceeds to put in my back-up speedo and asks if i would like for him to update it to 212. I told him yes. We wired it in for him and im guessing after 5 packs...same issue. I was there to see him try multiple sensor wires and multiple motors from different MFG.

I thought maybe it was something in his receiver or radio since we tried different motors and sensor wires so I was not worried that something had happened to my back-up RS.

Fast forward to last night. I went to put my RS that Hairy gave back to me in my WGT and same problem from the get go. Lights of death! Well, luckily i race for Nexus and just pulled out a new RS Pro and I have no problems.

I go ask Hairy if his New Speedo that Tekin sent was having any problems and he said no. This was short lived because after 4 packs...same issue again.

I can not figure out what in the world is going on with his set-up tht is causing this. I just wanted to shed some light on this to see if anyone might have a reason for this happening. Im sure he is getting frustrated.

Oh ya...one more thing. Since my RS is fried now. What is the repair cost for these things. It's way out of warranty, but I still need a back-up.
$74+ shipping if it is dead.

if hairy updated your esc that was working fine and he updated other esc that he got than i would say there is a problem with the version he is using.try a different 212 pc and re install it with a factory reset
Old 12-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Before or after the rs went wrong?
After the failure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.