Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 07:32 PM
AOD
Tech Regular

Xray #372502 I think nexus and Amain have them in stock.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a few plastic bellcranks zleader. You can have one to cut the arm off. I'll be at the depot tomorrow and will probably go on Sunday as well to watch the TCS races. If you have a chance to pop by, or preferably race with us tomorrow, I'll give you a plastic kit bellcrank bro. I have at least 3 of them.

The xray servo saver mounts on the servo like a kimborough/tamiya/top servo saver. It doesn't replace the bell crank. I suspect it has stronger springs though.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default exotech chassis..

Originally Posted by AOD
Xray #372502 I think nexus and Amain have them in stock.
Hey thanks for the part number. I was not sure if they were talking about the arm or the saver. I have a Tamiya saver with no issues.. As I hit stuff.. Killed a few gear sets in my orion LPF servos. I guess I will pick up a few stock steering cranks before I dremel art my Kingzhead alloy crank..
Old 07-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default LOCKED and ANYONE

Thats very nice of you... I cant make it tomorrow or sunday... Thanks for the offer. I may just have to place an order from Much Hobby for a few items..

Danny the Dremel.. is iching to mod that steering crank.. The dremel makes dreams happen!

THIS is a ANYONE question and kinda off topic... I running the gens ace lipos with the nubs on the bottom. Can I grind or remove the nubs to use on the EXOTECK chassis with out damaging the lipo?
Old 07-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by zleader_99
Thats very nice of you... I cant make it tomorrow or sunday... Bummer.Thanks for the offer. I may just have to place an order from Much Hobby for a few items.. Much has a couple of bellcrank sets in stock. I was there today.

Danny the Dremel.. is iching to mod that steering crank.. The dremel makes dreams happen! LOL. Step back and away from the power tools Michael. No need to kill perfectly good alloy.

THIS is a ANYONE question and kinda off topic... I running the gens ace lipos with the nubs on the bottom. Can I grind or remove the nubs to use on the EXOTECK chassis with out damaging the lipo?I think so, but I don't actually have any batteries with the nubs. I'd say just be careful not to cut below level with the rest of the case.
responses in red sir
Old 07-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks.. I will be carefull... Danny the Dremel is eying he lipos first.. CAREFULLY...

Do you think I could use this and leave out the carbon fibre arm?
T.O.P. Racing Products Alloy Steering Crank Set
[TRP-PO-PCH025RD

Last edited by zleader_99; 07-09-2011 at 05:24 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Got to run my Photon last night, first time with smaller ESC and everything mounted further inwards on the chassis, have to say I liked the result, car was faster than previous times, even though the track had less traction, felt really good to drive overall.

Still chasing some rear traction issues though...
Old 07-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
hear ya go

Start with this setup with the fallowing changes 344 front springs, 40 wt oil and 2* front and rear camber. I also run all my top deck and wing screws loose to get more flex out of the car. Been Running this setup at Jackson all year with very good results when the track is both med and high bite.

Light weight arms will also help the car some. I also run a yokomo gear diff w/ 20 weight shocks oil

Is this a good starting set-up for running mod and is this the same set-up that Mike Hanulec is using in his Mod car? What is everyone's take on the new Exotec chassis for this car? I am still running the Med. lipo chassis still.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...up_11-6-10.pdf
Old 07-09-2011, 04:49 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadB.
Is this a good starting set-up for running mod and is this the same set-up that Mike Hanulec is using in his Mod car? What is everyone's take on the new Exotec chassis for this car? I am still running the Med. lipo chassis still.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...up_11-6-10.pdf
All I know running Mod ,it is ways differnent than 17.5 set up... for mod you needs more forward bite than stock...
I found the Exotek chassis just a little better...but it is cool chassis...
Old 07-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

[TRP-PO-PCH025RD
I think you would need the center part of the arm that is sandwiched between the alloy, or a reasonable facsimile thereof. Unless you absolutely must have an extra flash of red in that part of the car, I really don't think it's necessary. Let me give you a couple of plastic ones.

You'll want to get an extremely stiff servo saver either way, I think due to the much shorter distance the servo needs to travel to go full lock to full lock, the standard ones can't take enough force. The ones I have are too soft for this east/west config anyway. It was much too sloppy with them, so I just tried it out in "GT2" (21.5 blinky TC) today, without a servo saver. My old h6040 servo and the plastic bell crank assembly held up great, despite a few good knocks. Steering was very responsive. My turtle car is now a lot more fun to drive. ..but I changed the chassis and just got the setup far more dialed this week so the steering change may have little to do with it. I changed too many things to say for certain.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Photon

Hi all just finished building my new photon with the exotek chassis
thought i would post a quick pic with all the wiring in.
So much extra room very happy

Groomie
Attached Thumbnails T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-photo-2-.jpg  
Old 07-10-2011, 05:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Groomie
Hi all just finished building my new photon with the exotek chassis
thought i would post a quick pic with all the wiring in.
So much extra room very happy

Groomie
looks slow
Old 07-10-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

[TRP-PO-PCH025RD
Yes, i did it with a new car i bought which is still using the TOP lipo chassis. I used small annular ring washers around the screws to replace the carbon fiber arm which give it a similar thickness. I'm sure you could make a spacer from some other material as well. I than shoe goo'd the servo in place, very solid.

Having issues with the Kimbrough servo saver being to sloppy though, are there better servo savers out there that don't have so much play?
Old 07-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

Hi, was wandering if anyone has a base setup for moderate grip carpet track in Australia. Running MOD with foam tyres. Link to video of track:

http://gallery.me.com/roy.meuronen#100555

Any advice appreciated. Cheers
Old 07-10-2011, 07:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hi all - i've uploaded my most successful, non-stock-like modified touring car setup. This setup worked well, but missed initial turn-in. I probably should of added more drag brake instead of making more massive setup changes (they have all gone south - my car pushes like crazy now...). Please take a look if you need something different than Larry's usual setup. This setup had a lot of corner speed and was very easy to race with. On the practice day after our Region Two regional this setup was only 0.1s off of Hebert and Haynes (it was all car, not me...)

http://www.racerlog.com/wiki/T.O.P._Photon#Setups

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.