Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 06:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah the SMC battery is fully charged and verified. All connections seem intact.

Baffled.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nvision
Yeah the SMC battery is fully charged and verified. All connections seem intact.

Baffled.
When you press the throttle what other led colour lights up?
Old 05-27-2013, 06:08 PM
Tech Initiate

forward - solid red (no solid green when pulled full forward)
reverse - solid red
Old 05-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

forward - solid red
reverse - solid red
Faint red or dark ? Press the throttle and turn the wheels by hand does it kick start ? Or even remove the sensor wire from motor or esc does it run?
Old 05-27-2013, 06:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Ah now we're getting somewhere...

LED is vibrant.

Rolling the wheels DID achieve kickstart. Let it come to rolling stop and throttle failed again. Proceeded to pull the sensor wire and throttle was recovered. I've also turned it off/on again and still no audio beeps. What does this all mean?
Old 05-27-2013, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Ah now we're getting somewhere...

LED is vibrant.

Rolling the wheels DID achieve kickstart. Let it come to rolling stop and throttle failed again. Proceeded to pull the sensor wire and throttle was recovered. I've also turned it off/on again and still no audio beeps. What does this all mean?
Sensor port damaged .The mosfet that powers the sensor port is shorted .Who did you buy it from ? Did you upgrade the software at anytime?
Old 05-27-2013, 06:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Ordered from falconsekido.com about a month ago, haven't done anything to software.

Any idea how the mosfet got shorted? And why there is no audio beep?

Thank you for the prompt assistance BTW, very much appreciated.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

cobra:

is the aluminum bottom part of the case for the V3.1 available separately? i'd like to put that on my V3.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
I think as long as you dont hook up to the computer you will be ok programming the speed-o until the software engineers get it fixed. The problem is in the software that you install on your computer not the program box or speed control. Just use the box as is for now and make your adjustments.
Paul Rush
HWNA Team Driver
well I hooked everything up out of the box without changing softwares, stutters like there is no tomorrow from a dead stop then goes away. I tried to use the 2-1 box and the box said to update software.

so I go try to update that stupid thing and nothing, wont communicate. I download the v3.3 and there are only 2 software different from what I see a few pages back and still nothing.

deleted and redownloaded the v3.3 and ran it under the administrator setting while opening and now I get a cant read esc setting error window.

ive spend the last 2 hours dealing with this pos. any other stuff I can try before I dump it?
Old 05-27-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

which esc? sct pro?
Old 05-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
which esc? sct pro?
brand new exrun 120amp 3.1
Old 05-27-2013, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
well I hooked everything up out of the box without changing softwares, stutters like there is no tomorrow from a dead stop then goes away. I tried to use the 2-1 box and the box said to update software.

so I go try to update that stupid thing and nothing, wont communicate. I download the v3.3 and there are only 2 software different from what I see a few pages back and still nothing.

deleted and redownloaded the v3.3 and ran it under the administrator setting while opening and now I get a cant read esc setting error window.

ive spend the last 2 hours dealing with this pos. any other stuff I can try before I dump it?
I know everything is new, but did you try the speed control with no sensor wire? Do you have another to try?

As far as hooking up the program box to the PC, when you got the cant read settings did you try unplugging the unit and reattaching it to the pc? sometimes people have luck doing that.

Paul Rush
HWNA Team Driver
Old 05-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

I know everything is new, but did you try the speed control with no sensor wire? Do you have another to try?

As far as hooking up the program box to the PC, when you got the cant read settings did you try unplugging the unit and reattaching it to the pc? sometimes people have luck doing that.

Paul Rush
HWNA Team Driver
Yes I unplugged the wire on motor side and was pretty coggy, put it back in and stutters for a split second.

tried to switch softwares and now its locked on profile mode 1. Sigh
Old 05-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Have you tried modifying mode 1, changing the settings? I never worry too much about the mode, I just modify the settings to what I want. I know you should be able to change the mode................
I see you got it to read your settings now.............
Old 05-27-2013, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Have you tried modifying mode 1, changing the settings? I never worry too much about the mode, I just modify the settings to what I want. I know you should be able to change the mode................
I see you got it to read your settings now.............
its like it reads some stuff with one software and other stuff with another or wont connect, still cant get the esc or none of my 3 2-1 cards to link with for crap with it. I do care about the mode as we are starting a specifically blinky 13.5 sct class Wednesday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.