HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree194Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 06-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yacagree
@ cobraracing

Maybe you didn't read it, so I try it again. Is there a bug in V3.3 and do I wait for V3.4, because I can not update to the newer ESC firmware?
Hi...........I used the 3.3 with no issues running the v3 speedo and the SCTPRO. If you can download the 3.2 and use that until there is a 3.4.
Go here and scroll down 1/2 way, there is a section that says Archives
http://www.falconsekido.com/pages/download
Paul Rush
HWNA
Team Driver
Old 06-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you for the answer. But why should I download V3.2? Now I run with V3.3 Data Base Version 130511. Just the newer Data Base Version is not available for me.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Tech Champion

Thank you for the answer. But why should I download V3.2? Now I run with V3.3 Data Base Version 130511. Just the newer Data Base Version is not available for me.
I thought you were worried about a glitch with the 3.3 thats all...............
Old 06-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyleman7
Lets say the the cells are at 3.2 each it might say cell one is at 3.12v and cell two is at 3.2 v where as my multi meter and charger says both are at 3.2v

Keep in mind these are made up numbers at this time but explains the kind of problem I'm seeing. I can get some real numbers when I get home from work.
Originally Posted by Slotmachine
I dont think it is intended to give the most accurate reading like a multi-meter does. I think it is intended to let you know if the battery is charged or not, so you don't put a dead battery in your car before a run.
Paul Rush
HWNA
Team Driver
yes, just as i figured...if you read the manual or paperwork on the LCD box it says that there is some "play" in readings and right from the paperwork(not the websites but that actual manual

Works as Lipo battery voltmeter
a) Battery: 2-8S Lipo/Li-Lon/Li-Fe
b) Precision: ±0.1V
c) Usage:
Plug the balance charge connector of the
battery pack into the “BATTERY CHECK” port
(Please make sure that the negative pole
points to the “-” symbol on the program box),
and then LCD shows the firmware, the
voltage of the whole battery and each cell.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Lightbulb

@ cobraracing
Maybe you didn't read it, so I try it again. Is there a bug in V3.3 and do I wait for V3.4, because I can not update to the newer ESC firmware?
Originally Posted by Slotmachine
Hi...........I used the 3.3 with no issues running the v3 speedo and the SCTPRO. If you can download the 3.2 and use that until there is a 3.4.
Go here and scroll down 1/2 way, there is a section that says Archives
http://www.falconsekido.com/pages/download
Paul Rush
HWNA
Team Driver
I've yet to try this, but going off what Paul suggested...Install 3.2 then install 3.3 over the top, let me explain. What you are trying to verify is if the 3.2 software launches with an earlier version of the database that came with it; prior to database 130511. If the software reads the respective database correctly, install 3.3 over the top.

For some reason on a PC I have, version 130511 still appears as the most up to date database despite my attempts to purge this version completely from the OS
when installing the latest USB Link with database version 130520. I worked around this by using the same installer on a laptop that never had the software installed prior.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TRiN
I've yet to try this, but going off what Paul suggested...Install 3.2 then install 3.3 over the top, let me explain. What you are trying to verify is if the 3.2 software launches with an earlier version of the database that came with it; prior to database 130511. If the software reads the respective database correctly, install 3.3 over the top.

For some reason on a PC I have, version 130511 still appears as the most up to date database despite my attempts to purge this version completely from the OS
when installing the latest USB Link with database version 130520. I worked around this by using the same installer on a laptop that never had the software installed prior.
I already tried to install V 3.2 and even V 1.64. This works with prior Data Bases but it is not possible to downgrade to an older ESC firmware. I thought if I do this, after that maybe I can upgrade to firmware 130515. I also uninstalled V3.3 and deleted every file with the name hobbywing from my pc. But at the end I installed V3.3 again and still appears Data Base 130511 with firmware 130509.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:31 AM
Tech Champion

I think the tech dept is working on something so you could roll back to previus versions. They mention on the Falcon site a LCD Program Box firmware log history >> coming soon!
Old 06-05-2013, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Not a log history just adding the old programs to the control file .
Old 06-05-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

@ cobraracing

There is no bug. You are most likely putting the wrong software in the box first so the esc can't communicate with box hence can't change software. I did this and after angelo emailed me his vid of how to install the usb link I didn't have a problem and didn't have to open under administrator way.

Email cobra or pm him so he can send you the vid attached to email.

Ps the stuttering I have now with the v3.1 might be a motor and esc issue like the tenshocks? Swaped a orion vst 8.5 and its butter smooth with it. The motor is a venom red dot 13.5t.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
There is no bug. You are most likely putting the wrong software in the box first so the esc can't communicate with box hence can't change software. I did this and after angelo emailed me his vid of how to install the usb link I didn't have a problem and didn't have to open under administrator way.

Ps the stuttering I have now with the v3.1 might be a motor and esc issue like the tenshocks? Swaped a orion vst 8.5 and its butter smooth with it. The motor is a venom red dot 13.5t.
I was having a very similar cogging issue to yours. I think I fixed it last night. All I had to do was reseat the sensor wire in the motor and speed control, I also made sure it was pushed in as snug as it would go. Additionally I adjusted the wire so the extra length wasn't coiled up under the motor. I'll have to get a much shorter cable. But right now it works as a sensored motor should.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys!

I'm using ACE 80A ESC (which I believe is a rebranded Hobbywing Xerun 1/8 80A) and it's Ripper 2000kV motor (which is a rebranded Leopard?). When using the LED program box I can only go from items 1-5, I can't go after 5 where timing is. Anyone know how to settle this? I have the LCD program box, it's just not here with me at the time
Old 06-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kyleman7
I was having a very similar cogging issue to yours. I think I fixed it last night. All I had to do was reseat the sensor wire in the motor and speed control, I also made sure it was pushed in as snug as it would go. Additionally I adjusted the wire so the extra length wasn't coiled up under the motor. I'll have to get a much shorter cable. But right now it works as a sensored motor should.
Tried 5 different sensor wires and none fixed it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWVL...e_gdata_player

Swaped to an orion 8.5 and no cogging. Guess that's my new spare combo old v2.1 with 13.5

Ps everyone trips out how loud the hobbywing fan sounds. " that thing ready to fly off or what" is my favorite quote.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I just bought a scte with a Tenshock 5200. Will the Hobbywing sct pro work with this setup?
Old 06-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez

I have V 1.08_120504 and Data Base Version V3.3 in my box and use it with two SCT Pro. That's right or? No other version is available exept the V3 version and this is not for the SCT Pro, right? For the ESC only the firmware 130509 appears!?

I already emailed Cobra and asked him twice here in the forum but he doesn't reply to me.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

I have V 1.08_120504 and Data Base Version V3.3 in my box and use it with two SCT Pro. That's right or? No other version is available exept the V3 version and this is not for the SCT Pro, right? For the ESC only the firmware 130509 appears!?

I already emailed Cobra and asked him twice here in the forum but he doesn't reply to me.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/12198731-post3046.html

Pm me your email or post it here so I can forward you the email he sent me attached with the video. I deleted the pics I had which showed the software numbers that worked. Read the above link

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.