Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 03:26 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mizchief
Yea, the rx8 is $80 more than the mmp, but then add $20 for the BEC considering you want to run a good servo, then another $20 or so in shipping for a warrenty fix, and your looking at $40 extra for an ESC that handle anything a 1/10 scale 4x4 can throw at it.
I'm not sure where you're getting the 20.00 for shipping, but I like having stuff seperated out anyway, (bec from esc) and Castle are good people. (You get on a name basis with them quick working at LHS) No, not for 'bad' things.

---------
I bought my new MMP to redo this setup. I really think i'm soldering bullets into the Pro 4 so I can unplug this b*tch.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default pinned

can someone tell me what page to go to for the explanation of the "pinned" mod. i have a tripple disc basket right now as well. thank you
Old 01-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom2tone
As recommended I took apart my diffs building this kit. They are bone dry

It would be nice if they at least supplied enough to get me up and running. I'm just going to order some diff and shock oil. What do you guys recommend having on-hand?

Thanks in advance
Get sway bars, then consider getting a chassis brace.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
I'm not sure where you're getting the 20.00 for shipping, but I like having stuff seperated out anyway, (bec from esc) and Castle are good people. (You get on a name basis with them quick working at LHS) No, not for 'bad' things.

---------
I bought my new MMP to redo this setup. I really think i'm soldering bullets into the Pro 4 so I can unplug this b*tch.
If you want a fast turnaround you have to pony up the cash for shipping. Do they cover your shipping cost to send it to them? Most places don't so +1 to CC if they do. Like I've said before, good support does you no good when your equipment fails during a race.

Haven't had any ESC problems with my MMP so far, other than over taxing the BEC, just putting out something to think about when looking at the price difference.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:04 PM

If you want a fast turnaround you have to pony up the cash for shipping. Do they cover your shipping cost to send it to them? Most places don't so +1 to CC if they do. Like I've said before, good support does you no good when your equipment fails during a race.

Haven't had any ESC problems with my MMP so far, other than over taxing the BEC, just putting out something to think about when looking at the price difference.
I have talked to them before about their weak BEC and their lack of Sensored motors. They are kinda stuck in their groove like Traxxas refusing to bring out a Race Truck

If you fill out the form on the website with the reciept, they will ship you the replacement part before you even send out the broke one, with a shipping label 75% of the time (depending on how you treated them and who it is that day)
You'll get your part (stock aside) in three days. The parts can highfive as they pass each other in the mail.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

A couple of years ago I had MMM V1 give up after an update to software, I called and we went through the things to try to no avail, they said to send it in and they would fix it and I did, in about a week I received a new version 2 and promptly killed it the same way as the last one didn't even get a lap on it, called them and they sent me a new one with a postage paid return padded envelope for the one I received, their customer service is second to none IMO, and I'll keep using there products, I've been running a mmp for over a year in my 1/8 scale running 6s with an external bec and a brake servo with no issues.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by jnyrcr
A couple of years ago I had MMM V1 give up after an update to software, I called and we went through the things to try to no avail, they said to send it in and they would fix it and I did, in about a week I received a new version 2 and promptly killed it the same way as the last one didn't even get a lap on it, called them and they sent me a new one with a postage paid return padded envelope for the one I received, their customer service is second to none IMO, and I'll keep using there products, I've been running a mmp for over a year in my 1/8 scale running 6s with an external bec and a brake servo with no issues.
Perfect example of what the MMP can do. There 'are' some things where it just farts out. It's not perfect, but when you think that little thing is doing 6S in these 8ight/RC8 etc, I have a respect for the MMP. And of course, Castle.

If they would only bring out some Neu Sensored? Oh my god.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Good points. I guess another argument is that for $240 you can have 2 MMP's
Old 01-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default Scotch + internet + credit card = ...

Exotech & saddle Packs! I need to go hide either the card or the bottle before I make things much wors

EDIT: Was going through the mail and found a check for $400 from the bank to balance out my escrow account. I guess it was meant to be. Now where did I hide that credit card.

Last edited by Mizchief; 01-15-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:44 PM

Good points. I guess another argument is that for $240 you can have 2 MMP's
But! all that aside, that Tekin is still the one "to have" if you're willing to pay. I 'will' have one in the future. Maybe when I build the Factory team truck.

I'm going to have to sell some of my MMP's. I have four now.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

But! all that aside, that Tekin is still the one "to have" if you're willing to pay. I 'will' have one in the future. Maybe when I build the Factory team truck.

Once I get more into the groove of racing, I'll probably add a second class. There is talk of reviving the stadium truck class, if not will probably go with 2wd SCT or 1/10 buggy, at which point I'll move the MMP to that model and get an RX8 for the SC104x4
Old 01-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Anyone looking to try a new ESC, I really recommend the orion R10 pro. I have been running it on super high traction with a 550 4.0 motor, and it never breaks a sweat. even running to lipo cutoff. It is small, programmable, and super smooth. I think the highest temp I have seen on it is 125F.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
CEW , I use the heavy duty duty Ae slippers pads and have 4 m of the shaft showing.....
You know, I wondered how you were able to make that work. Then I saw where you race -

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Race in Tacoma ,WA @ TRCR .....
Tacoma R/c Raceway
And it makes total sense. The pin modification would be worse there too, IMO.

I read you took the overdrive out of the front. Why?
Old 01-15-2012, 05:09 PM

Any of you guys running the connections like this? I haven't seen anyone. I. hate. everything being bound together like a asfkgjadfklhglksa when i'm trying to break down the Truck.

(I am in no way claiming first on this, I KNOW it's common)
Old 01-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Tech Legend

Craig
You really must like the pin uh ?

Pin works just fine at Trcr , just that the slipper offers more traction & less wheel spin ...

Yup , no overdrive now...

Better , just a little less steering , but allows you to drive harder with fewer mistakes....

BTW Traction is med to extra med high at Tcrc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.