Tekin Hotwire 3.0 Bluetooth Thread >

Tekin Hotwire 3.0 Bluetooth Thread

Like Tree11Likes

Tekin Hotwire 3.0 Bluetooth Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 04:22 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boudin4evr View Post
THE Randy Pike, what SMALL laptop do you recommend to run hotwire 3.0? I am SO tired of lugging around this OLD crappy, huge laptop that I have been using for the last 9 years!
also, what specs? I am desperately waiting for the MAC OS stuff to work without using bootcamp or....
thanks
I carry an HP spectre, but fair warning they're not cheap. IF you're doing it for settings only, download the app for your phone and do not bother with the laptops. If you are using data logging, a large screen tablet works fine as well.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have an issue with my hotwire ver.1working with my old android tablet but not my phone (samsung a5 from last year.) I can't find out why. Is it a setting on my phone that I have overlooked. I use a cable. Great esc but would like to be able to use my phone instead of my kids broken tablet.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:01 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by magnushedqvist View Post
I have an issue with my hotwire ver.1working with my old android tablet but not my phone (samsung a5 from last year.) I can't find out why. Is it a setting on my phone that I have overlooked. I use a cable. Great esc but would like to be able to use my phone instead of my kids broken tablet.
Not all phones support cabled OTG. If the cable is the same between the two devices, I'd wager your phone may not support this function. Good news is that a Hotwire 3.0 with BLE will work on 99.9% of devices without a cable.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

Hello all! My HotWire 3.0 finally arrived. I've been trying to set it up according to the manual. I've already updated the HW3.0, and my RS GEN2. Bind is confirmed, but when I go to connect, the mobile app claims it cannot locate my HotWire device. Am I missing something? I'm using a Google Pixel 2, that was updated to whatever goofy food version of Android they just released, ESC is running 272, I just don't get it. This is my first Tekin product.. so maybe I'm missing something.. lol

9-26
I managed to get the HW3.0 to work with my old GalaxyTab. Not sure why, I really wanted it to work on my Pixel2. Carrying that tablet is gonna suck.. lol

Last edited by Knockoffracer; 09-26-2018 at 09:16 AM. Reason: More info
Old 09-26-2018, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
I carry an HP spectre, but fair warning they're not cheap. IF you're doing it for settings only, download the app for your phone and do not bother with the laptops. If you are using data logging, a large screen tablet works fine as well.
I am ONLY needing one to do the siftware updates! I LOVE the iOS app easy as ever!
Old 09-27-2018, 05:17 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Knockoffracer View Post
Hello all! My HotWire 3.0 finally arrived. I've been trying to set it up according to the manual. I've already updated the HW3.0, and my RS GEN2. Bind is confirmed, but when I go to connect, the mobile app claims it cannot locate my HotWire device. Am I missing something? I'm using a Google Pixel 2, that was updated to whatever goofy food version of Android they just released, ESC is running 272, I just don't get it. This is my first Tekin product.. so maybe I'm missing something.. lol

9-26
I managed to get the HW3.0 to work with my old GalaxyTab. Not sure why, I really wanted it to work on my Pixel2. Carrying that tablet is gonna suck.. lol
It works fine with the Pixel 2. If your'e on a Futaba radio you MUST have the transmitter on and be on the correct model, or your esc and HW 3.0 will not communicate together. Is that the case?
Old 09-28-2018, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

Unfortunately no. I run an older Spektrum DX4c. Works fine off the old tablet, just not on my phone. I'll try again tonight. I will tell you though, the last two Android updates have seriously messed up this phones ability to communicate with the head unit in my car and general internet connectivity. Not sure why..

Tried again with my Pixel2. HW app still will not come out of Demo mode. It will recognize the HW3.0, but will not connect to it.

Last edited by Knockoffracer; 09-28-2018 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Update
Old 10-01-2018, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

What non Tekin motor is compatible to take advantage of the Hotwire data, temp, voltage, rpm...... I have a Hotwire 3.0 and Spec ESC on order. Currently running a R1 V16.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tekin Hotwire ? for y'all..... I know that with a MOTIV, the Engine temp did NOT work, nor did i expect it to. I know with the Tekin G3, it was pretty dang close to what the can temped with gun. I ran a trinity this past weekend, a Punisher, and it read temperature but not sure how accurate it was. Can temped 118/120, the esc recorded 160 before i shut it off. Anyone got experience here with the Trinity and Tekin Combo?
Old 10-26-2018, 10:49 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by RsA89 View Post
What non Tekin motor is compatible to take advantage of the Hotwire data, temp, voltage, rpm...... I have a Hotwire 3.0 and Spec ESC on order. Currently running a R1 V16.
In general the only one that may not work is the temp. Not every motor mfg puts the required component(s) on the board. The rest will work however.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:50 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Doug10 View Post
Tekin Hotwire ? for y'all..... I know that with a MOTIV, the Engine temp did NOT work, nor did i expect it to. I know with the Tekin G3, it was pretty dang close to what the can temped with gun. I ran a trinity this past weekend, a Punisher, and it read temperature but not sure how accurate it was. Can temped 118/120, the esc recorded 160 before i shut it off. Anyone got experience here with the Trinity and Tekin Combo?
If it's working,that sounds pretty accurate. In general there's a 30 degree variance between the can and the "inside."
Old 11-20-2018, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I got this gorgeous Hot Wire 3.0 Bluetooth for my RX8 Gen3.
The Fan set up can't do nothing, just stuck to ON. not move to Auto from the switch.
I got this most reason why I wanna change the fan option to auto.
How can I activate this fan option switch??
And what is this mean "Auto Disables HotWires 3"??
Old 11-20-2018, 06:17 PM
Tech Initiate

According to previous posts in this thread the fan must be set to on for the Bluetooth to work. The fan port provides the power to the Bluetooth module so any setting other than on will inhibit the Bluetooth connection. I think the inability to select auto is a software failsafe.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Also the picture you showed, your in Demo mode. Bind HW first and then you should be able to make any changes you'd like. Like sweems has mentioned the fan must be in the on position for the BTHW to function. I use it but I don't leave it on the vehicle and run it.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:31 PM
Team Tekin

All the comments so far are accurate. Leave the fan in "auto on" so you can use the Hotwire 3.0 as intended, bluetooth connected.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service