Like Tree183Likes

New Spektrum Radio DX6R

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 02:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Casper
No clue.
OK let's rephrase this differently. . .

What plans for new features etc will there be in the upcoming raceware app? (whenever it maybe launched)

As it's been nearly 4 months since the last update, surely there has been some progress to improve it since then?

Would be good to know and have something to look forward to!
Old 01-15-2018, 07:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

I haven't used my radio (DX6R) in a couple of months and I setup the charging base yesterday and the screen showed a standard battery charge symbol on the screen, when I checked it an hour later all the lights were off so I lifted the radio off the base and put it back on the base and it showed a Red Battery this time and then the screen goes off.
Do I have a dead battery and I need to remove it to charge with my better charger I use for my E-buggy or is the battery gone and I need to replace it?
If its bad should it be a warranty item?
Old 01-15-2018, 10:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)
Default Dx6r

Originally Posted by Losi T-Racer
I haven't used my radio (DX6R) in a couple of months and I setup the charging base yesterday and the screen showed a standard battery charge symbol on the screen, when I checked it an hour later all the lights were off so I lifted the radio off the base and put it back on the base and it showed a Red Battery this time and then the screen goes off.
Do I have a dead battery and I need to remove it to charge with my better charger I use for my E-buggy or is the battery gone and I need to replace it? If its bad should it be a warranty item?
Pull it and charge it with your other charger.It's too dead for the usb charger to get it started. Happened to me a couple times.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Is it normal for the wheel to feel like its rubbing when its almost at full lock left? I checked everything over and its actually in the steering mechanism because it does it without the wheel attached. Thanks
Old 01-17-2018, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I was able to fix it. I took the steering mechanism apart and the lever attached to the spring was rubbing on the plastic. Just moved it over a touch and its perfect now.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:24 AM
1M
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Triggers

Tigers available, 2 for $10 shipped, they are a little bigger than stock and have a nice radius to the inside.
suzukipro likes this.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1M
Tigers available, 2 for $10 shipped, they are a little bigger than stock and have a nice radius to the inside.
These are fantastic triggers and 2 for $10 is an unbeatable price!
1M likes this.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

New DX6R owner here. I love it. It turned on a bit buggy, but i deleted raceware and downloaded the new one from google play after i turned it on and everything worked great. I have two issues with it however and I was hoping I could get some feedback from you Spektrum or you guys if you have any helpful input.:

1) As I said I love the DX6R, but I read all 103 pages of this thread and googled. The thing that would make this the perfect setup for me is if the castle "telemetry link for spektrum x-bus "would work with it. It seems it works with all the airware products, but not with the surface ones. I spoke to Castle and they said they are simply waiting for spektrum to allow it to work. Even castle tech support immediately raved about what a great product the DX6R is and the tech support said he personally wished it would support the telemetry link as it would just make it better to use. They were seriously enthusiastic about what a great product the DX6R is. Is this in the works? My DX6R came with the sr6000t receiver which has the x-bus port, but I don't see that there is actually any support/opportunity to use the x-bus port? Am I mistaken? I read the manuals for the receiver and the transmitter and I don't see anything clear about it. I would get the most functionality out of the DX6R and my esc if this worked for surface like it does for the air products.

2)Minor gripe, but the sd card cover is terrible, won't stay on. Is there any solution for this? Doesn't affect functionality, but after spending close to $500 it's a bit frustrating to look at.

Also, as a note with the latest raceware, when you setup the aux channels everything is backwards. You click aux 4 but you are really setting up aux 1 which you find out after you set everything up and you check the mapping. Aux 3 is aux 2 and so on. Not a big deal, but wanted to note for any updates in the works.

Best Regards,
Matt
Old 01-21-2018, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anyone have a small grip they would like to get rid of? I bought my son a Dx5r. $20 just seems high for a smaller grip for him.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Radio stuck when updating

Ok I have been very hesitant to update my radio as it seems to take hours on my home WiFi to update any apps vs my phone which takes minutes. However, I tried to do it last night and it wasn't downloading anything so I turned it off and back on. Now it throws the "sorry YouTube stoped unexpectedly" message and when I hit ok, it instantly pops the message right back up. This makes the radio useless as I can't clear it. And I did not even tell Google play to update the YouTube app. Please help! I use the radio every Friday at Rainmans hobby and I need to get her going again.

James Thompson
Old 01-22-2018, 05:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdnbrbk
Ok I have been very hesitant to update my radio as it seems to take hours on my home WiFi to update any apps vs my phone which takes minutes. However, I tried to do it last night and it wasn't downloading anything so I turned it off and back on. Now it throws the "sorry YouTube stoped unexpectedly" message and when I hit ok, it instantly pops the message right back up. This makes the radio useless as I can't clear it. And I did not even tell Google play to update the YouTube app. Please help! I use the radio every Friday at Rainmans hobby and I need to get her going again.

James Thompson
Go to post 1439. He explains how to get around this until Spektrum comes up with a fix.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdnbrbk

James Thompson
James, check your PM - sorry been a little slow in rc tech lately - fighting the flu, but getting over it.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Youtube and Android

Here is the fix off of the Android forums as well as this is an Android issue:

Had the same problem, here's how to fix it.
It takes a little time but does work.
When the Unfortunately... notice comes up:
Keep pressing OK and during that tiny pause in between, click on Google Play Services/type in YouTube and click on the red Enable button.
As I said be patient but it will work straight away.
It is NOT a virus, the problem is, is that YouTube is now part of Google and at some point you will have received a notification saying YouTube could contain some bad element or other and you have clicked on Disable. When you next turn on your phone or tablet, you will then get this Unfortunately.....notice. I've fixed 3 tablets now, so I know this works, be patient and good luck!!!
Old 01-24-2018, 11:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
DSM2 receivers do not bind to this radio. That was a mistake our marketing team made with an erroneous update on the website. We never intended it to work with anything other than DSMR. With the markets today and the saturation in the 2.4ghz field, DSM2 simply does not perform as needed in many applications. While some may feel differently, and I am sorry for this, it is just not what we have found.

We have also worked hard to bring the pricing of many of our receivers down over the last few months with this release eminent. And this unit comes with 2 receivers currently right out of the box.
well if DSM2 receivers dont work with the DX6R then spektrum can keep it, i have 10 DSMR receivers in my stable 5 of which havent even been in a vehicle yet and having to replace those 10 off the batt makes the DX6R a bad investment at $400 tx only $500 tx with receiver. thanks spektrum for Fing your loyal customers up the @$$
Old 01-25-2018, 08:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lordraptor1
well if DSM2 receivers dont work with the DX6R then spektrum can keep it, i have 10 DSMR receivers in my stable 5 of which havent even been in a vehicle yet and having to replace those 10 off the batt makes the DX6R a bad investment at $400 tx only $500 tx with receiver. thanks spektrum for Fing your loyal customers up the @$$
I am not sure this is a fair statement. I understand you are upset about needing to upgrade your receivers however Spektrum did not do this to squeeze money out of you. DSMR is more stable and secure. Being reverse compatible has it's compromises.

This radio is the top of the line system that is capable of some amazing features with the list of tuning options growing. They also worked hard to reduce the cost of the receivers to upgrade to DSMR. You can get DSMR receivers for starting at $30. Obviously if you need more channels for more complex operation (scale or crawling etc) those are more expensive however still some of the least expensive receivers on the market.

If you do get the DX6R with receivers they give you two to start off with SR6000T and SR2010 included.

To say they did not think hard about this and worked hard to support the customer's concern is not true.
rbrownsr likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.